Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat other non-interactive network downloader besides wget Post 302553353 by pludi on Wednesday 7th of September 2011 09:52:08 AM
Old 09-07-2011
Depending on your needs:
curl
lynx
w3m

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Script help - MP3 Downloader using Wget

I want to make a script to use wget to find and download mp3s on a website into a directory with a name derived from that URL. So far I have: #!/bin/sh echo “MP3 Downloader” echo -n "Enter full URL address of website or website subdirectory > " read text cd ~ mkdir $text cd $text ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Garnett
3 Replies

2. Homework & Coursework Questions

Help with Interactive / Non Interactive Shell script

Q. Write a script that behaves both in interactive and non interactive mode. When no arguments are supplied it picks up each C program from the directory and prints first 10 lines. It then prompts for deletion of the file. If user supplies arguments with the script , then it works on those files... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rits
1 Replies

3. Homework & Coursework Questions

How to write script that behaves both in interactive and non interactive mode

Q. Write a script that behaves both in interactive and non interactive mode. When no arguments are supplied it picks up each C program from the directory and prints first 10 lines. It then prompts for deletion of the file. If user supplies arguments with the script , then it works on those files... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: rits
8 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

using wget on selected network interfaces

Hi there, I have a Linux Debian server with 2 network cards each connected through a different gateway : auto lo iface lo inet loopback auto eth0 iface eth0 inet static address 192.168.1.224 netmask 255.255.255.0 gateway 192.168.1.1 auto eth1 iface eth1 inet... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: chebarbudo
5 Replies

5. What is on Your Mind?

Best Torrent Downloader

Hola ! i am using fedora 11, and the default torrent downloader client is Transmission. but it is very slow.. please suggest some good torrent downloader Thankss (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: yashwantkumar
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Wget - working in browser but cannot download from wget

Hi, I need to download a zip file from my the below US govt link. https://www.sam.gov/SAMPortal/extractfiledownload?role=WW&version=SAM&filename=SAM_PUBLIC_MONTHLY_20160207.ZIP I only have wget utility installed on the server. When I use the below command, I am getting error 403... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Prasannag87
2 Replies
hman(1) 						      General Commands Manual							   hman(1)

NAME
hman - browse the on-line manual pages SYNOPSIS
hman [ -P browser ] [ -H host ] [ section ] name hman [ -P browser ] [ -H host ] [ section ] [ index ] DESCRIPTION
The hman script is an interface to man2html(1) that allows you to enter man page requests at the command line and view the output in your favourite browser. The behaviour reminds of that of man(1) so that many people will be able to alias hman to man. If the browser used is netscape, and an incarnation of netscape is running already, hman will pass the request to the existing browser. OPTIONS
-P browser Specify which browser (like lynx, xmosaic, arena, chimera, netscape, amaya, ...) to use. This option overrides the MANHTMLPAGER environment variable. The default is the non-httpd version of lynx, or sensible-browser if lynx cannot be found. -H host Specify from what host to get the man pages. This option overrides the MANHTMLHOST environment variable. The default is localhost. ENVIRONMENT
MANHTMLPAGER The default browser to use is selected using this environment variable. MANHTMLHOST The default host to use is selected using this environment variable. SEE ALSO
man(1), man2html(1), arena(1), lynx(1), sensible-browser(1), netscape(1), xmosaic(1), glimpse(1) http://www.mcom.com/newsref/std/x-remote.html 19 January 1998 hman(1)