Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Create duplicate directories with same permissions Post 302553180 by itkamaraj on Wednesday 7th of September 2011 02:31:50 AM
Old 09-07-2011
hmm, exclude flag is used to exclude the matching filenames. so i have given *.

i didnt verify the command

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Permissions for Directories and Subdirectories

Is it possible to have a directory owned (by root) with permissions drwx------ and then have a sub directory of rwxrwxrwx. I know that this may be soo simple but I had no luck googling it. Thanks for your help (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: clancymf
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help in changing Permissions to 775 for files and directories

Hi All I need to create a script which would change Permissions to 775 All the Files and directories will be mentioned in the Paramter files Can anyone give a Hint how to proceed in this ?? THanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ranga27
1 Replies

3. Ubuntu

Newbie, Directories permissions

Basicly im trying to edit a file for apache2 in /var/etc/apache2 and i dont have permissions, my login name is associated with root but i still can't do anything, Does anyone have any ideas? Thanks in advance! (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sypherz
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

duplicate directories

Hi, I have file which users like filename ->"readfile", following entries peter john alaska abcd xyz and i have directory /var/ i want to do first cat of "readfile" line by line and first read peter in variable and also cross check with /var/ how many directories are avaialble... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: learnbash
8 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to change permissions only to files, not directories....?

Hi, I am really new to unix, any help is much appreciated. I need to change permissions of all files under several subdirectories to 700 but keep directories readable (755). Why ? Because I need a FTP user to only list his files and can't read them. But to browse to subfolder, the directories... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: narrok
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

check if multiple directories exist else create missing directories

Hi , I 'm trying to check if multiple directories exist on a server, if not create the missing ones and print " creating missing directory. how to write this in a simple script, I have made my code complex if ; then taskStatus="Schema extract directory exists, checking if SQL,Count and... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: ramky79
7 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Duplicate directories

I have noticed that the same folder (and contents) lives in /u/public and /usr/public Question was this put here intentionally or by accident? Its 31Gb in size and on a 72Gb HDD that leaves little room for apps. It is a nework shared drive for all to access e.g. p: points to... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: moondogi
0 Replies

8. AIX

Permissions on directories and files

Hello, I have a main directory called /test123 /test123 has lot of sub-directories and files. drwxr-x--- 21 root system 4096 Jan 25 10:20 /test123 Here, "other" does not have any access to /test123 folder. How can we provide read-only access to others on /test123... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: aaron8667
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find comand directories permissions

Hi, In the code below, while the "xarsg" command does not search in "tavi_valo" subdir? IAB00201:UG02222:EXPL> ls -1|xargs -IXX find XX -name tv_va_servbonos 2>/dev/null UG02222/fuentes/TAVA/TAVA4E0000/backup/tv_va_servbonos... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jose Luis
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Delete duplicate directories?

Is there a way via some bash script or just cmd to find duplicate directories? i have main folders: TEST1 TEST2 In folder TEST1 is some amount of same folders as in folder TEST2 can be this done? i tried fdupe but it only search for dupe files not whle dirs thx! (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: ZerO13
8 Replies
DH_FIXPERMS(1)							     Debhelper							    DH_FIXPERMS(1)

NAME
dh_fixperms - fix permissions of files in package build directories SYNOPSIS
dh_fixperms [debhelperoptions] [-Xitem] DESCRIPTION
dh_fixperms is a debhelper program that is responsible for setting the permissions of files and directories in package build directories to a sane state -- a state that complies with Debian policy. dh_fixperms makes all files in usr/share/doc in the package build directory (excluding files in the examples/ directory) be mode 644. It also changes the permissions of all man pages to mode 644. It removes group and other write permission from all files. It removes execute permissions from any libraries, headers, Perl modules, or desktop files that have it set. It makes all files in the standard bin and sbin directories, usr/games/ and etc/init.d executable (since v4). Finally, it removes the setuid and setgid bits from all files in the package. When the Rules-Requires-Root field has the (effective) value of binary-targets, dh_fixperms will also reset the ownership of all paths to "root:root". OPTIONS
-Xitem, --exclude item Exclude files that contain item anywhere in their filename from having their permissions changed. You may use this option multiple times to build up a list of things to exclude. SEE ALSO
debhelper(7) This program is a part of debhelper. AUTHOR
Joey Hess <joeyh@debian.org> 11.1.6ubuntu2 2018-05-10 DH_FIXPERMS(1)