Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Create duplicate directories with same permissions Post 302553146 by Olivia on Tuesday 6th of September 2011 11:56:53 PM
Old 09-07-2011
Create duplicate directories with same permissions

Hi all,

I need to create duplicate directories and sub directories (only the directories not the files or file contents) with the same permissions. Can some one guide me in doing this. I could able to create but here the permissions should be the same how can i do this in linux.

Thanks in advance. Quick response is highly appreciated. Thank you so much.

Regards,
Olivia

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Permissions for Directories and Subdirectories

Is it possible to have a directory owned (by root) with permissions drwx------ and then have a sub directory of rwxrwxrwx. I know that this may be soo simple but I had no luck googling it. Thanks for your help (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: clancymf
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help in changing Permissions to 775 for files and directories

Hi All I need to create a script which would change Permissions to 775 All the Files and directories will be mentioned in the Paramter files Can anyone give a Hint how to proceed in this ?? THanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ranga27
1 Replies

3. Ubuntu

Newbie, Directories permissions

Basicly im trying to edit a file for apache2 in /var/etc/apache2 and i dont have permissions, my login name is associated with root but i still can't do anything, Does anyone have any ideas? Thanks in advance! (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sypherz
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

duplicate directories

Hi, I have file which users like filename ->"readfile", following entries peter john alaska abcd xyz and i have directory /var/ i want to do first cat of "readfile" line by line and first read peter in variable and also cross check with /var/ how many directories are avaialble... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: learnbash
8 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to change permissions only to files, not directories....?

Hi, I am really new to unix, any help is much appreciated. I need to change permissions of all files under several subdirectories to 700 but keep directories readable (755). Why ? Because I need a FTP user to only list his files and can't read them. But to browse to subfolder, the directories... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: narrok
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

check if multiple directories exist else create missing directories

Hi , I 'm trying to check if multiple directories exist on a server, if not create the missing ones and print " creating missing directory. how to write this in a simple script, I have made my code complex if ; then taskStatus="Schema extract directory exists, checking if SQL,Count and... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: ramky79
7 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Duplicate directories

I have noticed that the same folder (and contents) lives in /u/public and /usr/public Question was this put here intentionally or by accident? Its 31Gb in size and on a 72Gb HDD that leaves little room for apps. It is a nework shared drive for all to access e.g. p: points to... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: moondogi
0 Replies

8. AIX

Permissions on directories and files

Hello, I have a main directory called /test123 /test123 has lot of sub-directories and files. drwxr-x--- 21 root system 4096 Jan 25 10:20 /test123 Here, "other" does not have any access to /test123 folder. How can we provide read-only access to others on /test123... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: aaron8667
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find comand directories permissions

Hi, In the code below, while the "xarsg" command does not search in "tavi_valo" subdir? IAB00201:UG02222:EXPL> ls -1|xargs -IXX find XX -name tv_va_servbonos 2>/dev/null UG02222/fuentes/TAVA/TAVA4E0000/backup/tv_va_servbonos... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jose Luis
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Delete duplicate directories?

Is there a way via some bash script or just cmd to find duplicate directories? i have main folders: TEST1 TEST2 In folder TEST1 is some amount of same folders as in folder TEST2 can be this done? i tried fdupe but it only search for dupe files not whle dirs thx! (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: ZerO13
8 Replies
C_REHASH(1SSL)							      OpenSSL							    C_REHASH(1SSL)

NAME
c_rehash - Create symbolic links to files named by the hash values SYNOPSIS
c_rehash [directory] ... DESCRIPTION
c_rehash scans directories and takes a hash value of each .pem and .crt file in the directory. It then creates symbolic links for each of the files named by the hash value. This is useful as many programs require directories to be set up like this in order to find the certificates they require. If any directories are named on the command line then these directories are processed in turn. If not then and the environment variable SSL_CERT_DIR is defined then that is consulted. This variable should be a colon (:) separated list of directories, all of which will be processed. If neither of these conditions are true then /usr/lib/ssl/certs is processed. For each directory that is to be processed he user must have write permissions on the directory, if they do not then nothing will be printed for that directory. Note that this program deletes all the symbolic links that look like ones that it creates before processing a directory. Beware that if you run the program on a directory that contains symbolic links for other purposes that are named in the same format as those created by this program they will be lost. The hashes for certificate files are of the form <hash>.<n> where n is an integer. If the hash value already exists then n will be incremented, unless the file is a duplicate. Duplicates are detected using the fingerprint of the certificate. A warning will be printed if a duplicate is detected. The hashes for CRL files are of the form <hash>.r<n> and have the same behavior. The program will also warn if there are files with extension .pem which are not certificate or CRL files. The program uses the openssl program to compute the hashes and fingerprints. It expects the executable to be named openssl and be on the PATH, or in the /usr/lib/ssl/bin directory. If the OPENSSL environment variable is defined then this is used instead as the executable that provides the hashes and fingerprints. When called as $OPENSSL x509 -hash -fingerprint -noout -in $file it must output the hash of $file on the first line followed by the fingerprint on the second line, optionally prefixed with some text and an equals sign (=). OPTIONS
None ENVIRONMENT
OPENSSL The name (and path) of an executable to use to generate hashes and fingerprints (see above). SSL_CERT_DIR Colon separated list of directories to operate on. Ignored if directories are listed on the command line. SEE ALSO
openssl(1), x509(1) BUGS
No known bugs 1.0.0e 2013-02-18 C_REHASH(1SSL)