Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: GNU Sed Problem
Operating Systems OS X (Apple) GNU Sed Problem Post 302553114 by yazu on Tuesday 6th of September 2011 09:00:39 PM
Old 09-06-2011
These commands may help:
Code:
sed --version
which -a sed
type -a sed
echo $PATH

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

GNU GDB compile problem

I have to compile gnu-gdb 6.7 on HP-UX 11.11 with /usr/local/pa64/bin/gcc 64-bit compiler, but I'm having some problems during "make": ser-tcp.c: In function `net_open': ser-tcp.c:207: warning: passing arg 5 of `getsockopt' from incompatible pointer type make: *** Error 1 make: Leaving... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: untamed
8 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

gnu sed regex grouping not working?

Hello, from the gnu sed manual, I should be able to do this: `\(REGEXP\)' Groups the inner REGEXP as a whole, this is used to: * Apply postfix operators, like `\(abcd\)*': this will search for zero or more whole sequences of `abcd', while `abcd*' ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Allasso
3 Replies

3. Programming

Dependencies problem GNU automake

I am using the GNU automake. I have created the Configure.in and Makefile.am files but don't know how to link in my dependencies. I have basically added another project (OpenCV) to my eclipse workspace and want to reference this in the build. I have set Eclipse up to include the Cpp files... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: hembergb
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

gnu sed replace space with new line

please help in making sed singleline command i need to insert dos new line (CR LF) before " 34 matching device(s) found on \\cpu1." " 6 matching device(s) found on \\cpu7." " 102 matching device(s) found on \\mainserver." the problem is that sometimes there are both CR LF before strings and... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: xserg
1 Replies

5. UNIX and Linux Applications

GNU sed - Search and Replace problem

Hi, The following code loops through every file with an error extension and then loops through all XML files in that directory and replaces the target character @ with / . The problem I have is that if there is more than one occurance of @ in each individual file it doesn't replace it. Any... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Fishn
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Is GNU sed installed?

Hi there, I'm new to UNIX and have the following question: At work a Solaris Unix system is used. I'm not sure if they have gnu sed installed so I tried using the command "sed -r" and got the error: "Illegal option --r" Does this mean that gnu sed is definitely not installed on the system... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: js8765
8 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unexpected results with lists in GNU sed

I have been living with this problem with GNU sed v4.1.4 for a long time, but now I really need to figure it out. When using a list in either an address or a search, the expression is matching lower and upper-case letters. works as it should. For example, if I run sed -nr "// p"... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: nctrader
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Insert @Line # - SED (non-GNU)

Just posted on another fellow's question using ed, but I wanted to know about doing it with sed on Unix. For example - I have a file of an unknown length, but I want to add a line after the shell declaration (Line 2). If possible, I'd like the example to be able to just substitute in a number and... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vryali
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sed, bash problems migrating from Cray to GNU/Linux

So, I have a series of ASCII files, all named something like mrkxxxxz.tmp (say, mrk1001z.tmp, mrk1002z.tmp, mrk1003z.tmp,...) -- these are .tmp files created by a large simulation program, and each different .tmp file represents a different parameter space used in the simulation). The simulations... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: johnny_canucl
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

GNU sed running on Mac

Super basic question. I installed sed GNU on a MAC running High Sierra. However, when I run sed '1i>sometext, I get the following error: sed: 1: "1isometext"; command i expects \ followed by text I have added the \ with no success. Is there anyway I can run sed and awk on MAC in the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Xterra
5 Replies
fixnt(1)							      Debian								  fixnt(1)

NAME
fixnt - Filter for the Windows NT postscript printer driver. SYNOPSIS
fixnt < BADFILE.ps > GOODFILE.ps DESCRIPTION
The Windows NT postscript driver has a tendency to make broken postscript files, that are incompatible with psutils. fixnt is a filter that fixes these problems, allowing the use of psnup(1). The filter takes the broken postscript file on stdin, and outputs a fixed postscript file on stdout. It has no other form for invocation and takes no options on the command-line. OPTIONS
fixnt takes no options. BUGS
fixnt does not check for NTPSOct94. For a workaround, use a sed(1) command to replace 'NTPSOct94' with 'NTPSOct95', like so: sed 's/NTPSOct94/NTPSOct95/g' This is particularly important for Windows NT 3.5 users. AUTHOR
fixnt was written by Holger Bauer <Holger.Bauer@topmail.de>, Michael Rath <rath@itsm.uni-stuttgart.de>, and Akim Demaille <demaille@inf.enst.fr>. REPORTING BUGS
Report bugs to the Authors, but avoid sending large postscript files. Patches are always welcome; send to <bauer@itsm.uni-stuttgart.de>. SEE ALSO
psnup(1), sed(1) a2ps February 2003 fixnt(1)