Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux SuSE Suse Linux 11.4 Internet connection Post 302553070 by cjcox on Tuesday 6th of September 2011 03:18:56 PM
Old 09-06-2011
/sbin/ifconfig -a will show you the interfaces and what is defined for them.

In general, the "easiest" way to setup the network in openSUSE (SUSE) is using YaST (yast).

You can try doing:

rcnetwork restart

as root to see if that gets the network going again. Also, if possible, you could try switching away from using NetworkManager to using the traditional ifup/down script method... that's in the General section of the network setup in yast... however, if this is wireless, doing that might cause you more confusion.... ymmv.

4 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. IP Networking

Internet Sharing with SUSE 7.3

I have a home network connected to a cable modem. I would like to use my SUSE 7.3 as a proxy. My layout is this. all computers connected to a hub. SUSE has 2 nics. 1 for cable modem(eth0, one for internal network connected to hub(eth1) All other machines connect to hub eth0 - DHCP from ISP... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gdboling
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

unable to browse internet in linux (railwire dialup connection)

Hi Gurus, Good morning . I have a railwire internet connection(dial up).I am able to access internet in windows xp .but in windows xp every time i restart my pc i have to manually right click the "railwire"icon and then click "connect, after this i am just getting connected to the internet. But... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sanjay.login
4 Replies

3. Solaris

Internet connection

I got solaris 10 works, but I cannot set up my internet connection. When I ping a website and i open the web browser, it doesn't work. When the installation asked 'Am I in a network?' i answerd 'no'. I think this is my minstake. How can i get Internet, now? I have a ADSL modem (not router).... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: mghis
5 Replies

4. IP Networking

Sharing internet connection

Hello all, Recently took a dive into Unix using Fedora 12 atm. I have cable modem with DHCP and a linksys 8 port router. With windows I was able to simple use the uplink port and plug each computer into the switch and use the internet connection. Having no luck doing the same in Unix. I have... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Fingerz
0 Replies
rcinet(8)						      System Manager's Manual							 rcinet(8)

NAME
rcinet - Restarts, starts, or stops Internet network services on the system SYNOPSIS
/usr/sbin/rcinet option OPTIONS
You must specify one of the following options with the rcinet command: Restarts the network on the system. Starts the network on the sys- tem. Stops the network on the system. You can restrict the restart, start, or stop operation to either IPv4 or IPv6 networks by specifying inet or inet6, respectively, as the second parameter. By default, the script assumes both IPv4 and IPv6. DESCRIPTION
The rcinet script allows system administrators to restart, start, or stop the Internet network services on the system while it is running in multiuser mode by using one of the options. RESTRICTIONS
Superuser privilege is required. Warn users that the system is being removed from the network. File systems that were not mounted using the /etc/fstab file or the automount command must be unmounted with the umount command. You must remount these file systems using the mount command after the network is started on your system. ERRORS
The rcinet script prints an error message to stderr if the network is not configured on the system. FILES
The network shell scripts are located in /sbin/init.d with symbolic links in /sbin/rc0.d and /sbin/rc3.d. SEE ALSO
Commands: mount(8) Network Administration rcinet(8)