Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux SuSE Suse Linux 11.4 Internet connection Post 302553070 by cjcox on Tuesday 6th of September 2011 03:18:56 PM
Old 09-06-2011
/sbin/ifconfig -a will show you the interfaces and what is defined for them.

In general, the "easiest" way to setup the network in openSUSE (SUSE) is using YaST (yast).

You can try doing:

rcnetwork restart

as root to see if that gets the network going again. Also, if possible, you could try switching away from using NetworkManager to using the traditional ifup/down script method... that's in the General section of the network setup in yast... however, if this is wireless, doing that might cause you more confusion.... ymmv.

4 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. IP Networking

Internet Sharing with SUSE 7.3

I have a home network connected to a cable modem. I would like to use my SUSE 7.3 as a proxy. My layout is this. all computers connected to a hub. SUSE has 2 nics. 1 for cable modem(eth0, one for internal network connected to hub(eth1) All other machines connect to hub eth0 - DHCP from ISP... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gdboling
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

unable to browse internet in linux (railwire dialup connection)

Hi Gurus, Good morning . I have a railwire internet connection(dial up).I am able to access internet in windows xp .but in windows xp every time i restart my pc i have to manually right click the "railwire"icon and then click "connect, after this i am just getting connected to the internet. But... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sanjay.login
4 Replies

3. Solaris

Internet connection

I got solaris 10 works, but I cannot set up my internet connection. When I ping a website and i open the web browser, it doesn't work. When the installation asked 'Am I in a network?' i answerd 'no'. I think this is my minstake. How can i get Internet, now? I have a ADSL modem (not router).... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: mghis
5 Replies

4. IP Networking

Sharing internet connection

Hello all, Recently took a dive into Unix using Fedora 12 atm. I have cable modem with DHCP and a linksys 8 port router. With windows I was able to simple use the uplink port and plug each computer into the switch and use the internet connection. Having no luck doing the same in Unix. I have... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Fingerz
0 Replies
ACL_INIT(3)						   BSD Library Functions Manual 					       ACL_INIT(3)

NAME
acl_init -- initialize ACL working storage LIBRARY
Linux Access Control Lists library (libacl, -lacl). SYNOPSIS
#include <sys/types.h> #include <sys/acl.h> acl_t acl_init(int count); DESCRIPTION
The acl_init() function allocates and initializes the working storage for an ACL of at least count ACL entries. The ACL created initially contains no ACL entries. A pointer to the working storage is returned. This function may cause memory to be allocated. The caller should free any releasable memory, when the new ACL is no longer required, by calling acl_free(3) with the (void*)acl_t returned by acl_init() as an argument. RETURN VALUE
Upon successful completion, this function returns a pointer to the working storage. Otherwise, a value of (acl_t)NULL is returned, and errno is set to indicate the error. ERRORS
If any of the following conditions occur, the acl_init() function returns a value of (acl_t)NULL and sets errno to the corresponding value: [EINVAL] The value of count is less than zero. [ENOMEM] The acl_t to be returned requires more memory than is allowed by the hardware or system-imposed memory management con- straints. STANDARDS
IEEE Std 1003.1e draft 17 ("POSIX.1e", abandoned) SEE ALSO
acl_get_file(3), acl_free(3), acl(5) AUTHOR
Derived from the FreeBSD manual pages written by Robert N M Watson <rwatson@FreeBSD.org>, and adapted for Linux by Andreas Gruenbacher <a.gruenbacher@computer.org>. Linux ACL March 23, 2002 Linux ACL