Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Switch to 64-bit kernel on Solaris x86 Post 302552853 by christr on Monday 5th of September 2011 11:22:46 PM
Old 09-06-2011
Looks like I am running in 64-bit then. Thanks. Does Solaris just auto-detect the hardware, and run in 32-bit or 64-bit depending on the hardware available?

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Is the solaris v9.For.x86 64 bit

Dear everyone: Could you tell me where is the 64 bit's solaris v9.0. :p (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: arwang
2 Replies

2. HP-UX

Change 32 bit to 64 bit Kernel

Hi, I'm using HPUX 11.11 on Vizualize B180L our productive machines have 64 bit kernel # file vmunix vmunix: ELF-64 executable object file - PA-RISC 2.0 (LP64) I got one test system, which should have the same HW (i was told it is the same HW) hpuxtest:/stand-->file... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: funksen
3 Replies

3. Red Hat

boot the 32 bit kernel on a 64 bit PPC Linux machine?

Hi all, I'm looking to cover a corner case for an upcoming test cycle. Is there a way to boot a RedHat Advanced Server 4 (update 3) installed on a Power PC machine to use a 32 bit kernel? This would be similar to what is done here -> https://www.unix.com/aix/26204-aix-platform.html I've done... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: philrau
0 Replies

4. Solaris

looking for eclipse for SOLARIS 10 x86-64 bit

Hi, I am looking for eclipse for my solaris 10 x86 64 bit. No luck and haven't found the download yet. It is required when I install WLS 10.3. Of course one no need to use eclipse and you can always use workshop. Does anybody please know where can I download the software. Thanks, ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: aa_monster
2 Replies

5. Solaris

32 bit MySQL on x86 64 bit?

Hello all. I am going to build an x86 Solaris box. Sun only offers it in a 64 bit flavor. I want to put MySQL on this box. MySQL only comes in a 32 bit version for x86 Solaris. Can I run 32 bit apps on a 64 bit x86 Solaris machine? Thanks! (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: RobertSubnet
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

switch format between 64 bit double and 64 bit integer

In order to perform some arithmetical operations on 64 bit double I need to transform of the binary representation of a 64 bit double to a 64 bit integer do the operations and then transform back to 64 bit double. I understand bash and bc doesn't allow to do that. I think my only tool left is... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Zephyr
2 Replies

7. Homework & Coursework Questions

Four-Level multi-paging on x86 system with 64 bit addressing

1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data: Hi all, I've got a huuuuuuge problem with understanding this new concept of multi-paging. I really tried to research but i could not find anything significant. I've been trying to understand this for 4 days and i cannot. The question... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: snowboarder
0 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unix flavors that run on x86, x86_64 bit processors?

Hello everyone. This is an awesome forum. Glad to have joined! :) I use Linux mostly, even for Desktop usage. I just love everything about it, all the way down to how the font looks while browsing. Its just so sleek and sexy. But I also boot Windows for those programs I just need that only... (23 Replies)
Discussion started by: insomnia
23 Replies

9. Solaris

Upgrading java on solaris 10 x86 32 bit

I have java installed on my solaris 10 as /usr/jdk/jdk1.5.0 , but i need to install Weblogic for that i need -- JDK Sun Java 2 JDK 6.0 Update 05 with the Java HotSpot™ Client and Server VMs (32-bit) and all later service packs of 6.0 How can i upgrade my java for this. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jain_sharad143
3 Replies
request_scroll(3alleg4) 					  Allegro manual					   request_scroll(3alleg4)

NAME
request_scroll - Queues a hardware scroll request with triple buffering. Allegro game programming library. SYNOPSIS
#include <allegro.h> int request_scroll(int x, int y); DESCRIPTION
This function is used for triple buffering. It requests a hardware scroll to the specified position, but returns immediately rather than waiting for a retrace. The scroll will then take place during the next vertical retrace, but you can carry on running other code in the meantime and use the poll_scroll() routine to detect when the flip has actually taken place. Triple buffering is only possible with certain drivers: you can look at the GFX_CAN_TRIPLE_BUFFER bit in the gfx_capabilities flag to see if it will work with the current driver. RETURN VALUE
This function returns zero on success, non-zero otherwise. SEE ALSO
poll_scroll(3alleg4), request_video_bitmap(3alleg4), gfx_capabilities(3alleg4), scroll_screen(3alleg4) Allegro version 4.4.2 request_scroll(3alleg4)