Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting move directories up one level Post 302552845 by yazu on Monday 5th of September 2011 11:08:25 PM
Old 09-06-2011
I understand nothing. Why don't you just
Code:
cp -r OLDIR NEWDIR

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

help in changing the access level for directories

Hi all, can some one help me in chmod command, and let me know the various combinations for this command. for : eg chmod -R 777 <dir names> this gives all rights to all but i want the specific access levels kindly help me out in this issue. Thank you, lakshmanan (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: lakshmananl
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

newbie needing help with upper level directories

What is the purpose (function) of the following upper level directories: - /bin /dev /etc /home /mnt /media /sbin /tmp /var I have encountered these, but as i said, i am new to unix and i am not quite sure what they are and what their fucntions are. Any help would be greatly... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: carlvernon
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script for parsing directories one level and finding directories older than n days

Hello all, Here's the deal...I have one directory with many subdirs and files. What I want to find out is who is keeping old files and directories...say files and dirs that they didn't use since a number of n days, only one level under the initial dir. Output to a file. A script for... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ejianu
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Recursively move a subfolder to one upper level

Hi, all: My folder structure is like: What I'm expecting to realize is to have my folders look like: How to realize it? Cheers Pei (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: jiapei100
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find and Move Files up One Level

Hi All, So I have another question. I'm trying to search for files with a certain extension and then move all of them up one level in the folder hierarchy. So something like this: original: /path/to/file/test.txt after: /path/to/test.txt I had some great help recently with another... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ideal2545
4 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Using tar to move directories

I have figured out how to create a tar file that holds all the files in a particular directory. The plan is to move the tar to a new system via FTP so that we can test the new system with our files and libraries. What I can't figure out is how to unzip the tar file; I keep getting messages that... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: KathyB148
8 Replies

7. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Move all files one directory level up

I want to move all the files in a given directory up one level. For example: Dir1 Subdir1 I want to move all the files in Subdir1 up to Dir1 (then I want to ultimately delete Subdir1) Thanks, Ted (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: ftrobaugh
10 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangVar(3pm)				 Perl Programmers Reference Guide			       Locale::Codes::LangVar(3pm)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangVar - standard codes for language variation identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangVar; $lvar = code2langvar('acm'); # $lvar gets 'Mesopotamian Arabic' $code = langvar2code('Mesopotamian Arabic'); # $code gets 'acm' @codes = all_langvar_codes(); @names = all_langvar_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangVar" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language variations, such as those as defined in the IANA language registry. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default IANA language registry codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language variations. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lvar = code2langvar('en','alpha-2'); $lvar = code2langvar('en',LOCALE_CODE_ALPHA_2); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of alphanumeric codes from the IANA language registry, such as 'arevela' for Eastern Armenian. This code set is identified with the symbol "LOCALE_LANGVAR_ALPHA". This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langvar ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langvar2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langvar_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langvar_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langvar_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::rename_langvar ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::add_langvar ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::delete_langvar ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::add_langvar_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::delete_langvar_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::rename_langvar_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::add_langvar_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::delete_langvar_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.iana.org/assignments/language-subtag-registry The IANA language subtag registry. AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2013 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.18.2 2014-01-06 Locale::Codes::LangVar(3pm)