Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Calculate average from CSV file using PERL script Post 302552658 by sayachop on Monday 5th of September 2011 05:07:54 AM
Old 09-05-2011
Halo itkamaraj

I try to run this code (ami.pl)
Code:
$ perl -e 'my $total=0; while (<>) { chomp; my $value = (split /([,:])/)[2]; $total=$value+$total; }print $total/$.' fps.csv

but still can't work. I place my fps.csv and ami.pl in one folder at my dekstop. Once I click ami.pl it will just pop out and nothing happened in fps.csv. I try to add break; at the end of the code but still the .pl file close automtically.

Last edited by Franklin52; 09-05-2011 at 06:29 AM.. Reason: Please use code tags for code and data samples, thank you

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

calculate average

I have a file which is 2 3 4 5 6 6 so i am writing program in C to calculate mean.. #include<stdio.h> #include<string.h> #include <math.h> double CALL mean(int n , double x) main (int argc, char **argv) { char Buf,SEQ; int i; double result = 0; FILE *fp; (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: cdfd123
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Simple Script needed for Processing CSV file perl

I am new to perl, and need a script to pull a CSV file, strip out 2 leading columns, and 2 ending columns, and resave the file in a new location. The file is basic and has less than 10,000 records. Secondly, can I schedule perl scripts to run daily? Can someone provide the basic script to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cobbjob
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Calculate average of each of position of contents in a huge file

My input: >AAA_100 10 20 50 60 10 100 15 10 >AAA_100 20 20 50 60 20 100 15 10 >AAA_100 10 20 50 60 40 100 15 10 >AAA_100 40 20 50 60 10 100 15 10 . . . My Output 20 20 50 60 20 100 15 10 If I have a long list of file. I want to calculate average of each position inside the contents... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: patrick87
7 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Please do help: Perl Script to pull out rows from a CSV file

I have CSV file that contains data in the format as shown below: ABC, 67, 56, 67, 78, 89, 76, 55 PDR, 85, 83, 83, 72, 82, 89, 83 MPG, 86, 53, 54, 65, 23, 54, 75 .. .. .. .. I want to create a script that will pull out the rows from the above sheet and paste it into another CSV file.... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: pankajusc
12 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Calculate average time using a script

Hello, I'm hoping to get some help on calculating an average time from a list of times (hour:minute:second). Here's what my list looks like right now, it will grow (I can get the full date or change the formatting of this as well): 07:55:31 09:42:00 08:09:02 09:15:23 09:27:45 09:49:26... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jaredhanks
4 Replies

6. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

Calculate average for rows in a text file

Dear Gurus, I have tab-delimited text files with matrix containing values. The first column is a identifier and other columns have the corresponding values. I would like to calculate the average value (total number/number of entries) for all entries from 2nd column to the last column in row... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Unilearn
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl script to modify csv file

Hi Friends, I want to convert a csv file into a ordinary .txt file. I am able to convert but I want the output to look as shown below in the .txt file table findhost= { {"xyz","abc"}, {"rxz","mmz"}, {"vrr","nnz"}, } default={"NONE"} My current perl script #!/usr/bin/env perl... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: dbashyam
12 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to calculate average of two columns and copy into another file?

Hi, I need help with the awk command. I have a folder with aprox 500 files each one with two columns and I want to print in a new file, the average of column 1 and average of column 2 and the name of each file. Input files are: File-1: 100 99 20 99 50 99 50 99 File-2: 200 85... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lokaps
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to calculate avg values of csv file using shell scripting .?

hi all i have a reporting work and i want it to be automated using shell scripting kindly let me know how can i make that possibe . eg data are :... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Avinash shaw
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to calculate average of csv using shell scripting?

Hi, I need to calculate the average of the following values using shell scripitng. Can anyone please suggest a solution? ... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: karan pratap si
10 Replies
OCR4GAMERA(1)															     OCR4GAMERA(1)

NAME
ocr4gamera - OCR system using the Gamera framework USAGE
ocr4gamera -x <traindata> [options] <imagefile> OPTIONS
-v <int>, --verbosity=<int> Set verbosity level to <int>. Possible values are 0 (default): silent operation; 1: information on progress; >2: segmentation info is written to PNG files with prefix debug_. -h, --help Display help and exit. -d, --deskew Do a skew correction (recommended). -f, --filter Filter out very large (images) and very small components (noise). -a, --automatic-group Autogroup glyphs with classifier. -x <file>, --xmlfile=<file> Read training data from <file>. -o <xml>, --output=<xml> Write recognized text to file <xml> (otherwise it is written to stdout). -c <csv>, --extra_chars_csvfile=<csv> Read additional class name conversions from file <csv>. <csv> must contain one conversion per line. -R <rules>, --heuristic_rules=<rules> Apply heuristic rules <rules> for disambiguation of some chars. <rules> can be roman (default) or none (for no rules). -D, --dictionary-correction Correct words using a dictionary (requires aspell or ispell). -L <lang>, --dictionary-language=<lang> Use <lang> as language for aspell (when option -D is set). -e <int>, --edit-distance=<int> Correct words only when edit distance not more than <int>. OCR4GAMERA(1)