Sponsored Content
Operating Systems HP-UX [Solved] Help with intermittent ping issue Post 302552656 by vbe on Monday 5th of September 2011 04:48:33 AM
Old 09-05-2011
Its more a question of what type of NIC you are using, a GB ethernet must be set to FD autonegociation on both sides...On the other hand a 100FD was better when set as 100FD because depending on switches it sometimes created strange issues... (with latest switches though I have not heard anything...).
How do you do after reboot when you see it badly configured?
Could it be you have some configuration file corrupt?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

issue a ping on a remote box

Hi there I am running a script on a central box (boxA) that will send a remote request to boxB to perform a ping test to an ip note: I am not pinging boxB from boxA but sending a request over ssh to get boxB to perform a ping test ! The thing is, I want the script back at boxA to know... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: hcclnoodles
4 Replies

2. Solaris

pcn0 intermittent network connectivity issue

I have a solaris 10 x86 installed on a VMware server. It has been runing well for a couple weeks, but started to have network connectivity issue since last week. The network card seems to be up and down every one minute. So I got connection closed after I sshed to it for about one minute. #... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: fredao
2 Replies

3. HP-UX

Intermittent Network Issue

I have some issues to look at to do with reported network problems. We have had reports of intermittent connection issue between 2 servers when trying to access an Oracle Dbase. And I have been asked to check the hardware to see if it's a server issue or not. I have done some basic checks using... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Andyp2704
3 Replies

4. Solaris

[solved] Jumpstart Profile Issue

I have created profile file for zfs root (flash) on a wanboot server when i try to validate the rules file with check i get following error .. i 'm not sure why i 'm getting this error .. can any one help me on this ? # ./check Validating rules... Validating profile profile... Error in... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: fugitive
0 Replies

5. AIX

Can't ping - IP translation issue?

Hello, Any help or advice on this would be greatly appreciated. I have a site-to-site VPN, across which data is synced between two CRM systems. The opposing side of this tunnel is a flat network (lets call it 201.200.156.xx/24) My internal network is a 192.168.0.xx/24 network, however before... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: thruster9
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Solved] looping script issue

Hi all.. Need your help I want to combine 2 file into 1file File1 : A B C D File2 : 1 2 3 4 Result : A1 A2 A3 A4 B1 (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: buncit8
3 Replies

7. Solaris

Solaris 10 - ping network issue

Hi, I'am begineer in this OS. I've installed it few days ago only to perform project "Managing users in Solaris". I have to create two virtual systems in eg. vmware , connect them and eg. rlogin from user1/machine1 to user2/machine2, give them some permissions to write read etc (this is... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: michael.pelc
1 Replies

8. Solaris

Network issue on multinic. Unable to ping a host from One NIC but other works

Dear, I hope you all will be ok. I have an issue with Solaris box running on x86 Blade. I am unable to ping a node neither traceroute. I am able to do traceroute from oce0:6 port which have IP and subnet of same type which oce0:1 has. details are as follows: Problem: root@rinams02:/#... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: khaniqshahid
3 Replies

9. AIX

Networking Issue (Cant Ping the gateway)

Hi, I installed AIX 7.1 on a blade though (hmc with vio). I can ping the IP address, but not the gateway. Is there anything that I should configure? Is there anything that I have to check with vio setting or Am I missing any configuration? Please let me know further. Thank you (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: pjeedu2247
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Solved] Issue with grep

Hi everyone I am trying to write a script to check if file systems are mounted, and also validate the permission; then do a whole bunch of other things. I am facing a problem with grep. For example, if the mountpoints are: /dev/XYZ_lv /abc/XYZ jfs2 Nov 25 20:36... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: nimo
4 Replies
asadmin-jms-ping(1AS)						   User Commands					     asadmin-jms-ping(1AS)

NAME
jms-ping - checks to see if the JMS provider is up and running SYNOPSIS
jms-ping --user admin_user [--password admin_password] [--host localhost] [--port 4848] [--passwordfile filename] [--secure|-s] [--terse=false] [--echo=false] [--interactive=false] Checks to see if the JMS provider is up and running. This command is supported in remote mode only. OPTIONS
--user authorized domain application server administrative username. --password password to administer the domain application server. --host machine name where the domain application server is running. --port port number of the domain application server listening for administration requests. --passwordfile file containing the domain application server password. --secure if true, uses SSL/TLS to communicate with the domain application server. --terse indicates that any output data must be very concise, typically avoiding human-friendly sentences and favoring well- formatted data for consumption by a script. Default is false. --echo setting to true will echo the command line statement on the standard output. Default is false. --interactive if set to true (default), only the required password options are prompted. Example 1: Using jms-ping asadmin> jms-ping --user admin --password adminadmin --host bluestar --port 4848 server1 JMS Ping Status=RUNNING EXIT STATUS
0 command executed successfully 1 error in executing the command asadmin-create-jmsdest(1AS), asadmin-delete-jmsdest(1AS), asadmin-list-jmsdest(1AS) J2EE 1.4 SDK March 2004 asadmin-jms-ping(1AS)