Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux SuSE Suse Linux 11.4 Internet connection Post 302552558 by kashch on Sunday 4th of September 2011 01:36:43 PM
Old 09-04-2011
Question Suse Linux 11.4 Internet connection

Hi I am new to Linux. I installed 11.4, it went smooth and everything was working fine. After Update i rebooted the system and all of sudden internet connection is not working.
Could any one tell me how to check and change the settings.
Rgds
Kashch

4 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. IP Networking

Internet Sharing with SUSE 7.3

I have a home network connected to a cable modem. I would like to use my SUSE 7.3 as a proxy. My layout is this. all computers connected to a hub. SUSE has 2 nics. 1 for cable modem(eth0, one for internal network connected to hub(eth1) All other machines connect to hub eth0 - DHCP from ISP... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gdboling
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

unable to browse internet in linux (railwire dialup connection)

Hi Gurus, Good morning . I have a railwire internet connection(dial up).I am able to access internet in windows xp .but in windows xp every time i restart my pc i have to manually right click the "railwire"icon and then click "connect, after this i am just getting connected to the internet. But... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sanjay.login
4 Replies

3. Solaris

Internet connection

I got solaris 10 works, but I cannot set up my internet connection. When I ping a website and i open the web browser, it doesn't work. When the installation asked 'Am I in a network?' i answerd 'no'. I think this is my minstake. How can i get Internet, now? I have a ADSL modem (not router).... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: mghis
5 Replies

4. IP Networking

Sharing internet connection

Hello all, Recently took a dive into Unix using Fedora 12 atm. I have cable modem with DHCP and a linksys 8 port router. With windows I was able to simple use the uplink port and plug each computer into the switch and use the internet connection. Having no luck doing the same in Unix. I have... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Fingerz
0 Replies
GEOIP_NETSPEEDCELL_BY_NAME(3)						 1					     GEOIP_NETSPEEDCELL_BY_NAME(3)

geoip_netspeedcell_by_name - Get the Internet connection speed

SYNOPSIS
string geoip_netspeedcell_by_name (string $hostname) DESCRIPTION
The geoip_netspeedcell_by_name(3) function will return the Internet connection type and speed corresponding to a hostname or an IP address. This function is only available if using GeoIP Library version 1.4.8 or newer. This function is currently only available to users who have bought a commercial GeoIP NetSpeedCell Edition. A warning will be issued if the proper database cannot be located. The return value is a string, common values are: o Cable/DSL o Dialup o Cellular o Corporate PARAMETERS
o $hostname - The hostname or IP address. RETURN VALUES
Returns the connection speed on success, or FALSE if the address cannot be found in the database. EXAMPLES
Example #1 A geoip_netspeedcell_by_name(3) example This will output the connection speed of the host example.com. <?php $netspeed = geoip_netspeedcell_by_name('www.example.com'); if ($netspeed) { echo 'The connection type is: '. $netspeed; } ?> The above example will output: The connection type is: Corporate PHP Documentation Group GEOIP_NETSPEEDCELL_BY_NAME(3)