Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris zfs cannot unmount (cannot unshare) Post 302552509 by incredible on Sunday 4th of September 2011 03:23:56 AM
Old 09-04-2011
Can you try with Solaris 11 pre-release Beta versions?
Solaris 11 Express is not in use now, I guess.
Codes have been stabled from Solaris 11 builds 160 onwards.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

[FreeBSD] Unable to unmount

I have mounted an ISO-file to do a network install of Red Hat. Afterwards, I removed the ISO and forgot about the mount. Now, I am unable to unmount this mount, because the target no longer exists... Here's the error I get when I try to unmount: Even if I put all the files back and... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: indo1144
6 Replies

2. AIX

how do i unmount ?

hi all, I am new to AIX as well as UNIX also ,i have a question One of my program has created a new filesystem on the system..... df shows : /dev/fslv04 2031616 2030648 1% 3 1% /replicas/source when i tried to umount the above filesystem by umount... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vamshi_k
3 Replies

3. HP-UX

Cannot unmount mount points??

When taking a snap, I have a script that stops any active snap. When running the script, I'm getting a message that u02 and u04 are already mounted. How can I find out what process(es) is/are latching on the these mount points? Thank you for your time. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: genzbeat
1 Replies

4. AIX

Unmount strongly command

Dear Guy's I'm making script to easier my work to mount and unmount some file systems I'm executing this command umount -f /file_system To unmount the file system but some times is not allow the un mounting it's giving me device is busy ... I want to know is there any another... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ITHelper
2 Replies

5. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

Can we unmount device?

Hi, I know that if we need to unmount a device, we use the command umount mount-point, example 'umount /tmp/mount1' But We can also unmount the device with device name example 'umount /dev/hda6'. NOTE: I think in RHEL3 we cannot unmount with device name. Correct me if I am wrong. What... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: praveen_b744
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unmount USB disk

Hi, How can I unmount an usb disk using the command umount? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Guccio
3 Replies

7. Solaris

NFS: Cannot unshare directory.

Hi, I'm currently having a problem unsharing a directory. When I specify the command. Below is an example of the problem. Any ideas? # share - /test/dir1 rw "" - /test/dir2 root=10.0.0.1,root=10.0.0.1 "" - /test/dir3 root=10.11.1.1,root=10.11.1.1 "" - /test/dir4... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: sparcman
6 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

unmount the partition

Dear all, I have a two hard drive.On the second (/dev/sdb1 and /dev/sdb2) hard drive i have two partitions. The /dev/sdb2 has been mounted on the /home2 directory.I want to unmount that /dev/sdb2.I have no idea to how to do it.Can anybody give me the details about that?. Regards, Prakashkumar.S (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: prakashkumar41
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unmount files via script

Hi all, I have a requirement to do an upgrade. As part of that upgrade I have to unmounts files in the fstab (there could be 100's), is there a way I can do this via script? The problem is, is that the mount points on every server will be different.... For example: /u001/oradata/T865 ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: gartie
4 Replies

10. AIX

Filesystem unable unmount

Hi all , I have issue oracle filesystem name /oracle/SID unable to unmount even though no any process are running mentioned fs .would appreciate anyone assist further high level .my system running aix 6.1 (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Arulji
7 Replies
suninstall(1M)						  System Administration Commands					    suninstall(1M)

NAME
suninstall - install the Solaris operating system SYNOPSIS
suninstall DESCRIPTION
install-solaris(1M) is now the preferred command for starting and restarting the Solaris Installation program. It should be used instead of suninstall. suninstall is symbolically linked to install-solaris. suninstall is a forms-based and graphical subsystem for installing the operating system. suninstall exists only on the Solaris installation media (CD or DVD) and should only be invoked from there. Refer to the Solaris 10 Instal- lation Guide: Basic Installations for more details. suninstall allows installation of the operating system onto any standalone system. suninstall loads the software available on the installa- tion media. Refer to the Solaris 10 Installation Guide: Basic Installations for disk space requirements. USAGE
Refer to the Solaris 10 Installation Guide: Basic Installations for more information on the various menus and selections. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcdrom (Solaris instal- | | |lation media) | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
pkginfo(1), install(1M), install-solaris(1M), pkgadd(1M), attributes(5) Solaris 10 Installation Guide: Basic Installations NOTES
It is advisable to exit suninstall by means of the exit options in the suninstall menus. SunOS 5.10 9 Sep 2004 suninstall(1M)