Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Print merged rows from two files by applying if condition Post 302552427 by CAch on Saturday 3rd of September 2011 08:55:27 AM
Old 09-03-2011
Yes Yazu....u r correct

@ Bartus: yes, the answer indicated by u is correct....but, m sorry to say that I am not getting any output from ur help code and also I want to undersatnd ur code...can u please explain it to me and assist me to get the correct output

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to capture 2 consecutive rows when a condition is true ?

Hi All, i have an input below. As long as "x= 1" , i would want to capture 2 lines using sed or awk for eg : 0001 x= 1 $---------------------------------..-.--.. 0001 tt= 137 171 423 1682 2826 0 Pls help. Thanks in advance. Note that the number of lines in each block do... (37 Replies)
Discussion started by: Raynon
37 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

merged 10 files with column extraction into one

Hi, I have 600 text files. In each txt file, I have 3 columns, e.g: File 1 a 0.21 0.003 b 0.34 0.004 c 0.72 0.002 File 2 a 0.25 0.0083 b 0.38 0.0047 c 0.79 0.00234 File 3 a 0.45 0.0063 b 0.88 0.0027 c 0.29 0.00204 ... my filename as "sc2408_0_5278.txt sc2408_0_5279.txt... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: libenhelen
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare values in two files. For matching rows print corresponding values from File 1 in File2.

- I have two files (File 1 and File 2) and the contents of the files are mentioned below. - I am trying to compare the values of Column1 of File1 with Column1 of File2. If a match is found, print the corresponding value from Column2 of File1 in Column5 of File2. - I tried to modify and use... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Santoshbn
10 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

deleting rows under a certain condition

there are 20 variables and I would like to delete the rows if 13th-20th columns are all NA. Thank you! FID IID aspirpre statihos fibrahos ocholhos arbhos betabhos alphbhos cacbhos diurehos numbcig.x toast1 toast2 toast3 toast4 ischoth1 ischoth2 ischoth3 ischoth4 101 101 1 1 1 1 1 2 1 2... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: johnkim0806
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convert rows to columns based on condition

I have a file some thing like this: GN Name=YWHAB; RC TISSUE=Keratinocyte; RC TISSUE=Thymus; CC -!- FUNCTION: Adapter protein implicated in the regulation of a large CC spectrum of both general and specialized signaling pathways GN Name=YWHAE; RC TISSUE=Liver; RC ... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: raj_k
13 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Columns to Rows - Transpose - Special Condition

Hi Friends, Hope all is well. I have an input file like this a gene1 10 b gene1 2 c gene2 20 c gene3 10 d gene4 5 e gene5 6 Steps to reach output. 1. Print unique values of column1 as column of the matrix, which will be a b c (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: jacobs.smith
5 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Applying python on all the files in one folder --UNIX

Dear all, I know this might be a simple and silly question but I am struggling with it I have a long unix script and in a section of if I want to use a python script which should select all the files and run the script on it (as a whole) the loop I have is selecting file by file and I dont know... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: A-V
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Average across rows with a condition

Hi Friends, My input file Gene1 10 20 0 Gene2 5 0 15 Gene3 10 10 10 Gene4 5 0 0 If there is a zero for any gene in any column, I don't want that column to be considered which reduces the denominator value during average. Here is my output Gene1 10 20 0 10 Gene2 5 0 15 10 Gene3... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: jacobs.smith
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Applying the same awk over a directory of files with individual file output

I am trying to apply an awk action over multiple files in a directory. It is a simple action, I want to print out the 1st 2 columns (i.e. $1 and $2) in each tab-separated document and output the result in a new file *.pp This is the awk that I have come up with so far, which is not giving me a... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: owwow14
6 Replies
TAU2PROFILE(1)							       Tools							    TAU2PROFILE(1)

NAME
tau2profile - convert TAU tracefiles to TAU profile files SYNOPSIS
tau2vprofile [-d directory] [-s snapshot_interval] {tau_tracefile} {tau_eventfile} DESCRIPTION
This program is generated when TAU is configured with the -TRACE option. The tau2profile converter takes a single tau_tracefile (*.trc) and tau_eventfile (*.edf) and produces a corresponding series of profile files. The input files must be specified in that order, with optinal parameters coming afterward. Multi-file TAU traces must be merged before conversion. OPTIONS
-d Output profile files to the specified 'directory' rather than the current directory. -s Output a profile snapshot showing the state of the profile data accumulated from the trace every 'snapshot_interval' time units. The snapshot profiles are placed sequentially in directories labled 'snapshot_n' where 'n' is an integer ranging from 0 to to the total number of snapshots -1. EXAMPLES
The program must be run with the tau trace and tau event files specified in the command line in that order. Any additional arguments follow. The following will produce a profile file array, from the TAU trace and event files merged.trc and tau.edf trace file: tau2profile merged.trc tau.edf The following will convert merged.trc and tau.edf to a series of profiles one directory higher. It will also produce a profile snapshot every 250,000 time units: tau2profile merged.trc tau.edf -d ./.. -s 250000 SEE ALSO
vtf2profile(1), tau2vtf(1), tau2otf(1), tau_merge(1), tau_convert(1) 12/22/2005 TAU2PROFILE(1)