Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting python - string encoding error Post 302552364 by unclecameron on Friday 2nd of September 2011 02:42:04 PM
Old 09-02-2011
okay, here's the example that makes it data_point [ 'content' ] break:
Code:
0. A group of Rogue River area actors has formed a new
 performance troupe, calling themselves Exit 48. Their first
 production will be an original murder mystery, written by 
Ronda Bagley, a member of the group, to be staged as a dinner
 theater event at The Station Restaurant in Rogue River on
 Friday, September 9th. Dinner in the outdoor setting will begin
 at 6 pm. The interactive show, a western entitled “Welcome
 Wagon”, will begin shortly after that. 

Tickets are $30 per person.  For reservations, please call The
 Station at 541-582-9725. The restaurant is located at 595
 Main Street in Rogue River. 

Guests are invited to participate as much as they like, even
 taking on the roles of some of the minor characters in the
 play. It’s a real whodunit, with lots of clues and plenty of
 suspects. And of course, there’s that wonderful dinner fare for
 which The Station is so well known.

The actors, most of whom live in the Rogue River area, will be
 familiar to patrons of Barnstormers Theater in Grants Pass as
 they have all been involved in a variety of plays for many
 years at that icon of local community theater. 

For information and details, contact:
Eric Epstein, Manager
541-226-6703

(I put some linebreaks in there, the code tags didn't word wrap)

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

python and string.find

Hi all, I'm not sure if this is the right forum, but i'll give it a try. Here is my problem: i have two files having basically the same things in it (hostnames): File 1 mituap01 mituap02 mituap03 File 2: mituap01 mituap04 mituap05 my goal is to get a .py out to check if pcs' in... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: penguin-friend
0 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Python - Scan for string

Hi i have a variable 'reform' and store the lines like reform= { record string(8) ID; string(4) PRD; date("YYMMDD", split = "800101") DateofManufact; string(4) PRDC_MODULE_NUM; string(1) END_OF_RECORD = "\n"; } I need to search for the character "\n"in the above variable... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dhanamurthy
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Python String <--> Number

My question is so simple: A = raw_input("A ") if A == '56': VAR = (A + 54)/13 else: print "other operations" if I write in input 5656565656 i want to make some arithmetic operations if the first input is 56XXX but the output is TypeError: cannot concatenate 'str' and... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kazikamuntu
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to find the file encoding and updating the file encoding?

Hi, I am beginner to Unix. My requirement is to validate the encoding used in the incoming file(csv,txt).If it is encoded with UTF-8 format,then the file should remain as such otherwise i need to chnage the encoding to UTF-8. Please advice me how to proceed on this. (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: cnraja
7 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

[python]string to list conversion

I have a file command.txt. It's content are as follows:- The content of file is actually a command with script name and respective arguments. arg1 and arg2 are dummy arguments , format : -arg arg_value test is a argument specifying run mode , format : -arg In my python code, i read it and... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: animesharma
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to check string encoding?

I want to check if the string is WINDOWS-1251 or UTF-8 can you help me to find the string encoding??? or maybe to get URL Content-Type charset with wget? this is my function on PHP function check_utf8($str) { $len = strlen($str); for($i = 0; $i < $len; $i++){ $c =... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sanantonio7777
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove lines between the start string and end string including start and end string Python

Hi, I am trying to remove lines once a string is found till another string is found including the start string and end string. I want to basically grab all the lines starting with color (closing bracket). PS: The line after the closing bracket for color could be anything (currently 'more').... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Dabheeruz
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Python replace string

Hi, I have a python variable with a value like this : string = "abc.de.fghijk.com:zyz.ab.fgfijk.com:abc.ef.fghijk.com" They are hostnames separated by the special character ":" . From this string I want to make a list with values : (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ctrld
2 Replies

9. Solaris

View file encoding then change encoding.

Hi all!! I´m using command file -i myfile.xml to validate XML file encoding, but it is just saying regular file . I´m expecting / looking an output as UTF8 or ANSI / ASCII Is there command to display the files encoding? Thank you! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mrreds
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Url encoding a string using sed

Hi I was hoping some one would know if it is possible to url encode a string using sed? My problem is I have extracted some key value pairs from a text file with sed, and will be inserting these pairs as source variables into a curl script to automatically download some xml from our server. My... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Paul Walker
5 Replies
ROGUE(6)							   Games Manual 							  ROGUE(6)

NAME
rogue - Exploring The Dungeons of Doom SYNOPSIS
/usr/games/rogue [ -r ] [ save_file ] [ -s ] [ -d ] DESCRIPTION
Rogue is a computer fantasy game with a new twist. It is crt oriented and the object of the game is to survive the attacks of various mon- sters and get a lot of gold, rather than the puzzle solving orientation of most computer fantasy games. To get started you really only need to know two commands. The command ? will give you a list of the available commands and the command / will identify the things you see on the screen. To win the game (as opposed to merely playing to beat other people's high scores) you must locate the Amulet of Yendor which is somewhere below the 20th level of the dungeon and get it out. Nobody has achieved this yet and if somebody does, they will probably go down in his- tory as a hero among heroes. When the game ends, either by your death, when you quit, or if you (by some miracle) manage to win, rogue will give you a list of the top- ten scorers. The scoring is based entirely upon how much gold you get. There is a 10% penalty for getting yourself killed. If save_file is specified, rogue will be restored from the specified saved game file. If the -r option is used, the save game file is pre- sumed to be the default. The -s option will print out the list of scores. The -d option will kill you and try to add you to the score file. For more detailed directions, read the document A Guide to the Dungeons of Doom. AUTHORS
Michael C. Toy, Kenneth C. R. C. Arnold, Glenn Wichman FILES
/usr/games/lib/rogue_roll Score file ~/rogue.save Default save file SEE ALSO
Michael C. Toy and Kenneth C. R. C. Arnold, A guide to the Dungeons of Doom BUGS
Probably infinite (although countably infinite). However, that Ice Monsters sometimes transfix you permanently is not a bug. It's a fea- ture. 4th Berkeley Distribution May 6, 1986 ROGUE(6)