Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting python - string encoding error Post 302552354 by Corona688 on Friday 2nd of September 2011 02:25:17 PM
Old 09-02-2011
Finding out the actual data that's making it throw up would be a good start. If the data's not actually UTF-8, setting the encoding to UTF-8 won't help.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

python and string.find

Hi all, I'm not sure if this is the right forum, but i'll give it a try. Here is my problem: i have two files having basically the same things in it (hostnames): File 1 mituap01 mituap02 mituap03 File 2: mituap01 mituap04 mituap05 my goal is to get a .py out to check if pcs' in... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: penguin-friend
0 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Python - Scan for string

Hi i have a variable 'reform' and store the lines like reform= { record string(8) ID; string(4) PRD; date("YYMMDD", split = "800101") DateofManufact; string(4) PRDC_MODULE_NUM; string(1) END_OF_RECORD = "\n"; } I need to search for the character "\n"in the above variable... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dhanamurthy
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Python String <--> Number

My question is so simple: A = raw_input("A ") if A == '56': VAR = (A + 54)/13 else: print "other operations" if I write in input 5656565656 i want to make some arithmetic operations if the first input is 56XXX but the output is TypeError: cannot concatenate 'str' and... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kazikamuntu
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to find the file encoding and updating the file encoding?

Hi, I am beginner to Unix. My requirement is to validate the encoding used in the incoming file(csv,txt).If it is encoded with UTF-8 format,then the file should remain as such otherwise i need to chnage the encoding to UTF-8. Please advice me how to proceed on this. (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: cnraja
7 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

[python]string to list conversion

I have a file command.txt. It's content are as follows:- The content of file is actually a command with script name and respective arguments. arg1 and arg2 are dummy arguments , format : -arg arg_value test is a argument specifying run mode , format : -arg In my python code, i read it and... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: animesharma
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to check string encoding?

I want to check if the string is WINDOWS-1251 or UTF-8 can you help me to find the string encoding??? or maybe to get URL Content-Type charset with wget? this is my function on PHP function check_utf8($str) { $len = strlen($str); for($i = 0; $i < $len; $i++){ $c =... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sanantonio7777
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove lines between the start string and end string including start and end string Python

Hi, I am trying to remove lines once a string is found till another string is found including the start string and end string. I want to basically grab all the lines starting with color (closing bracket). PS: The line after the closing bracket for color could be anything (currently 'more').... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Dabheeruz
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Python replace string

Hi, I have a python variable with a value like this : string = "abc.de.fghijk.com:zyz.ab.fgfijk.com:abc.ef.fghijk.com" They are hostnames separated by the special character ":" . From this string I want to make a list with values : (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ctrld
2 Replies

9. Solaris

View file encoding then change encoding.

Hi all!! I´m using command file -i myfile.xml to validate XML file encoding, but it is just saying regular file . I´m expecting / looking an output as UTF8 or ANSI / ASCII Is there command to display the files encoding? Thank you! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mrreds
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Url encoding a string using sed

Hi I was hoping some one would know if it is possible to url encode a string using sed? My problem is I have extracted some key value pairs from a text file with sed, and will be inserting these pairs as source variables into a curl script to automatically download some xml from our server. My... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Paul Walker
5 Replies
base64(n)					       Text encoding & decoding binary data						 base64(n)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
base64 - base64-encode/decode binary data SYNOPSIS
package require Tcl 8 package require base64 ?2.4? ::base64::encode ?-maxlen maxlen? ?-wrapchar wrapchar? string ::base64::decode string _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
This package provides procedures to encode binary data into base64 and back. ::base64::encode ?-maxlen maxlen? ?-wrapchar wrapchar? string Base64 encodes the given binary string and returns the encoded result. Inserts the character wrapchar every maxlen characters of output. wrapchar defaults to newline. maxlen defaults to 60. Note well: If your string is not simple ascii you should fix the string encoding before doing base64 encoding. See the examples. The command will throw an error for negative values of maxlen, or if maxlen is not an integer number. ::base64::decode string Base64 decodes the given string and returns the binary data. The decoder ignores whitespace in the string. EXAMPLES
% base64::encode "Hello, world" SGVsbG8sIHdvcmxk % base64::encode [string repeat xyz 20] eHl6eHl6eHl6eHl6eHl6eHl6eHl6eHl6eHl6eHl6eHl6eHl6eHl6eHl6eHl6 eHl6eHl6eHl6 % base64::encode -wrapchar "" [string repeat xyz 20] eHl6eHl6eHl6eHl6eHl6eHl6eHl6eHl6eHl6eHl6eHl6eHl6eHl6eHl6eHl6eHl6eHl6eHl6 # NOTE: base64 encodes BINARY strings. % set chemical [encoding convertto utf-8 "Cu2088Hu2081u2080Nu2084Ou2082"] % set encoded [base64::encode $chemical] Q+KCiEjigoHigoBO4oKET+KCgg== % set caffeine [encoding convertfrom utf-8 [base64::decode $encoded]] BUGS, IDEAS, FEEDBACK This document, and the package it describes, will undoubtedly contain bugs and other problems. Please report such in the category base64 of the Tcllib SF Trackers [http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?group_id=12883]. Please also report any ideas for enhancements you may have for either package and/or documentation. KEYWORDS
base64, encoding COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2000, Eric Melski Copyright (c) 2001, Miguel Sofer base64 2.4 base64(n)