Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: FTP in ksh script
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting FTP in ksh script Post 302552314 by giannicello on Friday 2nd of September 2011 10:43:10 AM
Old 09-02-2011
You said you are calling the script with the function from another script. You should capture what you pass to that script outside of the function, no?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

FTP in a KSH script

Hi, I'm writing a script to perform automated ftp's. What I would like to know is if it is possible to examine return codes or trap any error messages from the remote server. eg. if during the ftp session i cd to a different directory on the remote server and the directory does not exist, can... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Bab00shka
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

KSH Script/FTP (NEWBIE)

I trying to write a ksh script (without the help of the Kermit libraries) which connects to a ftp server and checks if the file "KEI.done" exists. If the file exists it print "files is there" if it doesnt exist it prints "file is not there". (the print statements will later be replaced with code to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mike509123
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

KSH n FTP query

Hi, I have this slightly modified FTP code (thanks to this forum) function gather_FTPDate { HOST= USER= PASSWD= exec 4>${TEMP_LOG_FILE} ftp -nv >&4 2>&4 |& echo $? if ] then echo "Unable to connect to FTP server!!!" >> ${LOG_FILE} return 0 fi print -p open... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: psynaps3
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

import var and function from ksh script to another ksh script

Ih all, i have multiples ksh scripts for crontab's unix jobs they all have same variables declarations and some similar functions i would have a only single script file to declare my variables, like: var1= "aaa" var2= "bbb" var3= "ccc" ... function ab { ...} function bc { ... }... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: wolfhurt
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

KSH, FTP running a set number at a time?

At work we have a script that pulls a file from a list of remote sites every 10 min. Currently it only does this ftp one sites at a time and this process takes up to 8 minutes to complete. I want to have this list of 24 sites and be able to run the ftp from up to 2 sites on the list at a time. I... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kofs79
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How do I write a ksh script that will check if all ftp files are received?

I am trying to code a ksh script that will check to see if all 26 incoming ftp files have been received before proceeding to the next function, which is to rename each file. Here is the pseudo-code of what I am trying to do: <<STEP_1>> IF all ALS files have been transmitted then... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: doug145
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Automated FTP script using .netrc to multiple FTP servers

Hi all, I'm using the following script to automated ftp files to 1 ftp servers host=192.168.0.1 /usr/bin/ftp -vi >> $bkplog 2>&1 <<ftp open $host bin cd ${directory} put $files quit ftp and the .netrc file contain machine 192.168.0.1 login abc... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: varu0612
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem with embedded FTP command in Ksh - System Cannot find the specified path.

I have the following FTP embedded in a Ksh script on AIX 5.3 ftp -n <<WHATEVER open 10.101.26.218 user hcistats ******* ascii put $thupdatefile put $thcollectfile quit WHATEVER Here is what my script returns: ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: troym72
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

KSH script to run other ksh scripts and output it to a file and/or email

Hi I am new to this Scripting process and would like to know How can i write a ksh script that will call other ksh scripts and write the output to a file and/or email. For example ------- Script ABC ------- a.ksh b.ksh c.ksh I need to call all three scripts execute them and... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pacifican
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Having a hell of atime with KSH -ftp automation

Following this thread: https://www.unix.com/ip-networking/1935-automated-ftp-task.html I have created the following script: #! /bin/ksh HOST=ftp.mywebsite2.com USER=astrocloud PASSWD=8**** exec 4>&1 ftp -nv >&4 2>&4 |& print -p open $HOST print -p user $USER $PASSWD print -p cd... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Astrocloud
3 Replies
Tcl_AllowExceptions(3)					      Tcl Library Procedures					    Tcl_AllowExceptions(3)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
Tcl_AllowExceptions - allow all exceptions in next script evaluation SYNOPSIS
#include <tcl.h> Tcl_AllowExceptions(interp) ARGUMENTS
Tcl_Interp *interp (in) Interpreter in which script will be evaluated. _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
If a script is evaluated at top-level (i.e. no other scripts are pending evaluation when the script is invoked), and if the script termi- nates with a completion code other than TCL_OK, TCL_ERROR or TCL_RETURN, then Tcl normally converts this into a TCL_ERROR return with an appropriate message. The particular script evaluation procedures of Tcl that act in the manner are Tcl_EvalObjEx, Tcl_EvalObjv, Tcl_Eval, Tcl_EvalEx, Tcl_GlobalEval, Tcl_GlobalEvalObj, Tcl_VarEval and Tcl_VarEvalVA. However, if Tcl_AllowExceptions is invoked immediately before calling one of those a procedures, then arbitrary completion codes are per- mitted from the script, and they are returned without modification. This is useful in cases where the caller can deal with exceptions such as TCL_BREAK or TCL_CONTINUE in a meaningful way. KEYWORDS
continue, break, exception, interpreter Tcl 7.4 Tcl_AllowExceptions(3)