Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers How to grep and store in a file Post 302552294 by DallasT on Friday 2nd of September 2011 09:32:36 AM
Old 09-02-2011
How to grep and store in a file

Guys, I was wondering what command can be used to parse the "LaxOrdID" field into a separate file? These messages are in thousands and I need to perform a comparision.

Code:
[BodyLength=433|MsgType=8|UserID=YYJHU|SystemID=NYH|FirmID=|OrdStatus=2|MaturityMonthYear=201109|ISLDLiquiditySource=A|ISLDClearingFirm=00000|StrikePrice=11.0000|ExecTime=15:38:38|Exch=AAA|LaxOrdID=18684016|MaturityDate=20110917|Side=1|PutOrCall=0|RemoteMatch=200984|ExecQty=10|AccountType=M|Match=1002025|SecurityType=OPT|ClearingID=00551|Source=NRCIT2|MaturityDay=17|Text=AUTOEXEC|Symbol=F|Price=0.43|Capacity=M|Date=20110901|Time=19:38:38]

Last edited by joeyg; 09-02-2011 at 10:39 AM.. Reason: Applied CodeTags to data

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

grep and store

When i grep a file and store it in a file it is storing as a zero byte file any way to avoid that..... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: arunkumar_mca
6 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep results to store in a shell variable

I have the results of a grep with -n store in a shell variable ie VAR=`grep -n -e 'PATTERN' file` How ever I am missing the line breaks in the variable , How do I store the resualts of grep with many lines in to a variables. I want the varable should be the sawmway as we do the grep grep... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jojan
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to store grep command in a Variable

I have a variable A echo $A 5060 I am exporting the value X,Y,Z and it id fetching right thing and When I run C=`${X} -l ${Y} ${Z} "trap '' INT;. ~/.profile >/dev/null 2>/dev/null; netstat -na | grep \$A`" here it is going to same directory and also running netstat -na | grep 5060 ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: madhusmita
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

To read and separate number and words in file and store to two new file using shell

hi, I am a begginer in unix and i want to know how to open a file and read it and separate the numbers & words and storing it in separate files, Using shell scripting. Please help me out for this. Regards S.Kamakshi (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kamakshi s
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Using GREP/AWK to extract a number and store it as a variable

Hello, I have a question regarding the awk command. Here is the line I need to grep: 1 F= -.13250138E+03 E0= -.13249556E+03 d E =-.174650E-01 mag= 35.2157 Instead of displaying the number in red I would like to store it as a variable such as X. Is there a way to do this? Thanks for any... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: modey3
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

grep attribute value pair and store it a variable

Hi, I have a file contains attribute value pair like.. ..name=erick rollno=583.0 pass=recon.. From the above line, i need to grep for only "rollno" and store "rollno=583.0" in a variable. Pls suggest (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: skraja1982
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Store grep output file

Hi, I'm trying to store the output from a grep, I just want the file name. But couldn't find how to do it. Basically, I just want to grep <etc> * and I want to store the file name. There is only one file with the what I'm grepping, so storing in a variable o an array its the same. If someone... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: radicaled
3 Replies

8. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

How to store the value of grep in a variable

Hi , I was trying to store the value of a grep command to store in a variable so i can use it somewhere else in my script but i am getting error, i am using bash shell in linux: var= `grep -n "$DATE" testfile.log | head -n 1 | sed -n 's/^\(*\).*/\1/p` echo "$var"I get the error: unexpected... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: learninguser235
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to store result of grep into a variable?

In a directory i have a file *output* whose contents are changing for every simulation. zgrep "trace file is" *output* | zgrep g o/p: trace file is Int_01.1352176388z4f56ec33.0.trace.gz I want to extract "Int_01.1352176388z4f56ec33.0.trace.gz" from the above result into a variable. i... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: twistedpair
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Hit multiple URL from a text file and store result in other test file

Hi, I have a problem where i have to hit multiple URL that are stored in a text file (input.txt) and save their output in different text file (output.txt) somewhat like : cat input.txt http://192.168.21.20:8080/PPUPS/international?NUmber=917875446856... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mukulverma2408
3 Replies
IRSEND(1)							   User Commands							 IRSEND(1)

NAME
irsend - basic LIRC program to send infra-red commands SYNOPSIS
irsend [options] DIRECTIVE REMOTE CODE [CODE...] DESCRIPTION
Asks the lircd daemon to send one or more CIR (Consumer Infra-Red) commands. This is intended for remote control of electronic devices such as TV boxes, HiFi sets, etc. DIRECTIVE can be: SEND_ONCE - send CODE [CODE ...] once SEND_START - start repeating CODE SEND_STOP - stop repeating CODE LIST - list configured remote items SET_TRANSMITTERS - set transmitters NUM [NUM ...] SIMULATE - simulate IR event REMOTE is the name of a remote, as described in the lircd configuration file. CODE is the name of a remote control key of REMOTE, as it appears in the lircd configuration file. NUM is the transmitter number of the hardware device. For the LIST DIRECTIVE, REMOTE and/or CODE can be empty: LIST "" "" - list all configured remote names LIST REMOTE "" - list all codes of REMOTE LIST REMOTE CODE - list only CODE of REMOTE The SIMULATE command only works if it has been explicitly enabled in lircd. -h --help display usage summary -v --version display version -d --device use given lircd socket [/var/run/lirc/lircd] -a --address=host[:port] connect to lircd at this address -# --count=n send command n times EXAMPLES
irsend LIST DenonTuner "" irsend SEND_ONCE DenonTuner PROG-SCAN irsend SEND_ONCE OnkyoAmpli VOL-UP VOL-UP VOL-UP VOL-UP irsend SEND_START OnkyoAmpli VOL-DOWN ; sleep 3 irsend SEND_STOP OnkyoAmpli VOL-DOWN irsend SET_TRANSMITTERS 1 irsend SET_TRANSMITTERS 1 3 4 irsend SIMULATE "0000000000000476 00 OK TECHNISAT_ST3004S" FILES
/etc/lirc/lircd.conf Default lircd configuration file. It should contain all the remotes, their infra-red codes and the corresponding timing and wave- form details. DIAGNOSTICS
If lircd is not running (or /var/run/lirc/lircd lacks write permissions) irsend aborts with the following diagnostics: "irsend: could not connect to socket" "irsend: Connection refused" (or "Permission denied"). SEE ALSO
The documentation for lirc is maintained as html pages. They are located under html/ in the documentation directory. lircd(8), mode2(1), smode2(1), xmode2(1), irrecord(1), irw(1), http://www.lirc.org. irsend 0.9.0-pre1 October 2010 IRSEND(1)