Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting to run a script immediately after restart Post 302552246 by itkamaraj on Friday 2nd of September 2011 05:34:22 AM
Old 09-02-2011
This User Gave Thanks to itkamaraj For This Post:

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Restart Script

Hi, I am writing a script and need to goto the start of the script if an incorrect command is wrongly entered what can i do. Andy (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: chapmana
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Any Restart Script?

Hi, I would like to check if there's any sample of restart script for my AIX server. I'm planning to restart it every month. Thanks. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ademah
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to restart a script?

Hello, I created a shell script in /etc/init.d and it already runs at boot. However I cannot figure out how to make it run just like typing "scrip_name start" I can run it like this ./script_name but since I am doing remote log in whenever I log off the script stops and I also don't want to run... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: kizofilax
8 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

'script' command exits immediately

I'm trying to capture the output of some commands with the 'script' utility. Normally, I would type 'script /path/to/output/file', then enter commands, then hit ctrl+D to end the 'script' capture. I'm having trouble with it on a server. Upon starting 'script', it exits immediately before I type... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: jalburger
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Modifying the Restart Script

Hello, I have a shell script which calls for an existing script with appropriate parameters. It looks something like this. -------------------------------------------------------------------------- #!/bin/bash sh /root/ams_rc stop_shepherd > /dev/null sleep 30 sh /root/ams_rc... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Siddheshk
9 Replies

6. AIX

Getting size of all the luns immediately via script

Hi I know that to see the size of the lun I need to give the command as "bootinfo -s hdisk*" Can any one assist me with a script which if run will get the size of all the luns allocated to the server. The output of the script should be something like the one below : hdisk0 size = 24GB... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: samsungsamsung
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to restart a process

I have written a script which checks for a file if that is being updated or not. If the files is not being updated then it will restart the process. #!/bin/sh DATE=`date +%Y%m%d%H%M%S` LOG_FILE=/var/xmp/log/XMP_* INCEPT=`ls -l $LOG_FILE |awk '{print $5}'` PROC=`xms show pr |grep -i... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Siddheshk
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Expect Script - Variables are Empty immediately after "Setting" Them?

Hello All, I have embedded some expect code inside a Bash script I'm writing, but for some reason any variable I 'set' to something is showing as empty immediately on the next line... I haven't run into this problem before so I'm not sure what it could be...? I'm guessing it has something to... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mrm5102
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script will keep checking running status of another script and also restart called script at night

I am using blow script :-- #!/bin/bash FIND=$(ps -elf | grep "snmp_trap.sh" | grep -v grep) #check snmp_trap.sh is running or not if then # echo "process found" exit 0; else echo "process not found" exec /home/Ketan_r /snmp_trap.sh 2>&1 & disown -h ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ketanraut
1 Replies
SCRIPT(1)						    BSD General Commands Manual 						 SCRIPT(1)

NAME
script -- make typescript of terminal session SYNOPSIS
script [-a] [-k] [-q] [-t time] [file [command ...]] DESCRIPTION
The script utility makes a typescript of everything printed on your terminal. It is useful for students who need a hardcopy record of an interactive session as proof of an assignment, as the typescript file can be printed out later with lpr(1). If the argument file is given, script saves all dialogue in file. If no file name is given, the typescript is saved in the file typescript. If the argument command ... is given, script will run the specified command with an optional argument vector instead of an interactive shell. Options: -a Append the output to file or typescript, retaining the prior contents. -k Log keys sent to program as well as output. -q Run in quiet mode, omit the start and stop status messages. -t time Specify time interval between flushing script output file. A value of 0 causes script to flush for every character I/O event. The default interval is 30 seconds. The script ends when the forked shell (or command) exits (a control-D to exit the Bourne shell (sh(1)), and exit, logout or control-d (if ignoreeof is not set) for the C-shell, csh(1)). Certain interactive commands, such as vi(1), create garbage in the typescript file. The script utility works best with commands that do not manipulate the screen. The results are meant to emulate a hardcopy terminal, not an addressable one. ENVIRONMENT
The following environment variable is utilized by script: SHELL If the variable SHELL exists, the shell forked by script will be that shell. If SHELL is not set, the Bourne shell is assumed. (Most shells set this variable automatically). SEE ALSO
csh(1) (for the history mechanism). HISTORY
The script command appeared in 3.0BSD. BUGS
The script utility places everything in the log file, including linefeeds and backspaces. This is not what the naive user expects. It is not possible to specify a command without also naming the script file because of argument parsing compatibility issues. When running in -k mode, echo cancelling is far from ideal. The slave terminal mode is checked for ECHO mode to check when to avoid manual echo logging. This does not work when in a raw mode where the program being run is doing manual echo. BSD
June 6, 1993 BSD