Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: count of sundays in month
Special Forums UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers count of sundays in month Post 302552227 by jayan_jay on Friday 2nd of September 2011 04:01:17 AM
Old 09-02-2011
Code:
 $ cal 6 2011 | nawk 'NF{print $1|"tail -1"}'

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

List of Sundays for the years 2000 to 2005

hi, i need to write a script that would list me all sundays in the year 2000 and 2005. output need to be just the date . ;) (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kquest
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cronjob on alternate sundays

I want to set the crontab job for one of my SIEBEL database to refresh it on alternate sundays. Is there anyway I can do it through cron please ? If not whats the alternative ? :confused: Thanks in advance. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: abhi123
6 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

print previous month (current month minus 1) with Solaris date and ksh

Hi folks month=`date +%m`gives current month Howto print previous month (current month minus 1) with Solaris date and ksh (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: slashdotweenie
7 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to counting a specific word in a logfile on each day of this month, last month etc

Hello All, I am trying to come up with a shell script to count a specific word in a logfile on each day of this month, last month and the month before. I need to produce this report and email it to customer. Any ideas would be appreciated! (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: pnara2
5 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Listing out sundays alone

I am trying to list out only sundays from december 2011. pandeeswaran@ubuntu:~/training$ cal 12 2011|sed -n '3,$p'|sed -e'/^$/d'|awk '{ORS=",";print $1}' 1,4,11,18,25,,pandeeswaran@ubuntu:~/training$ Can anyone help me? Thanks (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: pandeesh
13 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to take the count of all sundays between two dates?

Hi Am Using Unix Ksh I have input DATE1=01/11/2012 DATE2=10/12/2012 need output as count of all sundays between these two dates for examples Sunday count between DATE1 and DATE2 is 5 Can anyone help me... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: Venkatesh1
11 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Taking the count of sundays between two date ?

Hi Am using unix Ksh Datecalc and --date functions are not working have two input variables as DATE=01/12/2012 DATE1=23/12/2012 Need output as no of sundays = 4 Can anyone help me pls :( (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Venkatesh1
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Add previous Sundays date to filename

I am looking for some scripting help. I need to add a time stamp to a file name. I will append data to a file, and want to add to the file name a time stamp of the previous Sundays date. Any takers? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sswagner8839
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convert From Month Number to Month Name

Hi, I have a script that accepts an input date from the user in yyyy-mm-dd format. I need to get the mm-dd part and convert it to month name. example: 2011-11-15 I want that to become "Nov 15" I don't have the GNU date, I am using an AIX os. Thanks. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: erin00
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to add decimal month to some month in sql, php, perl, bash, sh?

Hello, i`m looking for some way to add to some date an partial number of months, for example to 2015y 02m 27d + 2,54m i need to write this script in php or bash or sh or mysql or perl in normal time o unix time i`m asking or there are any simple way to add partial number of month to some... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: bacarrdy
14 Replies
ucblinks(1B)					     SunOS/BSD Compatibility Package Commands					      ucblinks(1B)

NAME
ucblinks - adds /dev entries to give SunOS 4.x compatible names to SunOS 5.x devices SYNOPSIS
/usr/ucb/ucblinks [-e rulebase] [-r rootdir] DESCRIPTION
ucblinks creates symbolic links under the /dev directory for devices whose SunOS 5.x names differ from their SunOS 4.x names. Where possi- ble, these symbolic links point to the device's SunOS 5.x name rather than to the actual /devices entry. ucblinks does not remove unneeded compatibility links; these must be removed by hand. ucblinks should be called each time the system is reconfiguration-booted, after any new SunOS 5.x links that are needed have been created, since the reconfiguration may have resulted in more compatibility names being needed. In releases prior to SunOS 5.4, ucblinks used a nawk rule-base to construct the SunOS 4.x compatible names. ucblinks no longer uses nawk for the default operation, although nawk rule-bases can still be specifed with the -e option. The nawk rule-base equivalent to the SunOS 5.4 default operation can be found in /usr/ucblib/ucblinks.awk. OPTIONS
-e rulebase Specify rulebase as the file containing nawk(1) pattern-action statements. -r rootdir Specify rootdir as the directory under which dev and devices will be found, rather than the standard root directory /. FILES
/usr/ucblib/ucblinks.awk sample rule-base for compatibility links ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWscpu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
devlinks(1M), disks(1M), ports(1M), tapes(1M), attributes(5) SunOS 5.10 13 Apr 1994 ucblinks(1B)