Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to print the extended regular expression ? Post 302552164 by 915086731 on Thursday 1st of September 2011 10:12:47 PM
Old 09-01-2011
I am using fedora 15 , bash environment.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Regular Expression + Aritmetical Expression

Is it possible to combine a regular expression with a aritmetical expression? For example, taking a 8-numbers caracter sequece and casting each output of a grep, comparing to a constant. THX! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Z0mby
2 Replies

2. Linux

Regular expression to extract "y" from "abc/x.y.z" .... i need regular expression

Regular expression to extract "y" from "abc/x.y.z" (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rag84dec
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Regular expression in grep -E | awk print

Hi All, I have file.txt with contents like this: random text To: recipient@email.co.uk <HTML>S7randomtext more random text random text To: recip@smtpemail.com <HTML>E5randomtext more random text random text I need the output to look like this: 1,,,1,S7 1,,,1,E5 My code so... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: terry2009
9 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Integer expression expected: with regular expression

CA_RELEASE has a value of 6. I need to check if that this is a numeric value. if not error. source $CA_VERSION_DATA if * ] then echo "CA_RELESE $CA_RELEASE is invalid" exit -1 fi + source /etc/ncgl/ca_version_data ++ CA_PRODUCT_ID=samxts ++ CA_RELEASE=6 ++ CA_WEEK_NO=7 ++... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ketkee1985
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Regular Expression.

can someone let me know what this means in english. \(abcd\) \ is an escape key right? Thanks Also im getting confused with something like it does this mean any single character? and this would be 2 characters ? Just let me know if im on the right track. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: syco__
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Would like to print 3 lines after a regular expression is found in the logfile

I would like to print 3 lines after a regular expression is found in the logfile. I'm using the following code: grep -n "$reg_exp" file.txt |while read LINE ;do i=$(echo $LINE |cut -d':' -f1 ) ;sed -n "$i,$(($i+3))p" file.txt ;done The above code things works fine,but sometimes gives erroneous... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: joachimshaun
3 Replies

7. Programming

Perl: How to read from a file, do regular expression and then replace the found regular expression

Hi all, How am I read a file, find the match regular expression and overwrite to the same files. open DESTINATION_FILE, "<tmptravl.dat" or die "tmptravl.dat"; open NEW_DESTINATION_FILE, ">new_tmptravl.dat" or die "new_tmptravl.dat"; while (<DESTINATION_FILE>) { # print... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jessy83
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

sed: -e expression #1, char 0: no previous regular expression

Hello All, I'm trying to extract the lines between two consecutive elements of an array from a file. My array looks like: problem_arr=(PRS111 PRS213 PRS234) j=0 while } ] do k=`expr $j + 1` sed -n "/${problem_arr}/,/${problem_arr}/p" problemid.txt ---some operation goes... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: InduInduIndu
11 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep command to search a regular expression in a line an only print the string after the match

Hello, one step in a shell script i am writing, involves Grep command to search a regular expression in a line an only print the string after the match an example line is below /logs/GRAS/LGT/applogs/lgt-2016-08-24/2016-08-24.8.log.zip:2016-08-24 19:12:48,602 ERROR... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ramneekgupta91
9 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Print byte position of extended ascii character

Hello, I am on AIX. When I encounter extended ascii characters and special characters on a file I need to print.. Byte position, actual character and line number. Is there a simple command that can give me the above result ? Thanks in advance (38 Replies)
Discussion started by: rosebud123
38 Replies
LIBBASH(7)							  libbash Manual							LIBBASH(7)

NAME
libbash -- A bash shared libraries package. DESCRIPTION
libbash is a package that enables bash dynamic-like shared libraries. Actually its a tool for managing bash scripts whose functions you may want to load and use in scripts of your own. It contains a 'dynamic loader' for the shared libraries ( ldbash(1)), a configuration tool (ldbashconfig(8)), and some libraries. Using ldbash(1) you are able to load loadable bash libraries, such as getopts(1) and hashstash(1). A bash shared library that can be loaded using ldbash(1) must answer 4 requirments: 1. It must be installed in $LIBBASH_PREFIX/lib/bash (default is /usr/lib/bash). 2. It must contain a line that begins with '#EXPORT='. That line will contain (after the '=') a list of functions that the library exports. I.e. all the function that will be usable after loading that library will be listed in that line. 3. It must contain a line that begins with '#REQUIRE='. That line will contain (after the '=') a list of bash libraries that are required for our library. I.e. every bash library that is in use in our bash library must be listed there. 4. The library must be listed (For more information, see ldbashconfig(8)). Basic guidelines for writing library of your own: 1. Be aware, that your library will be actually sourced. So, basically, it should contain (i.e define) only functions. 2. Try to declare all variables intended for internal use as local. 3. Global variables and functions that are intended for internal use (i.e are not defined in '#EXPORT=') should begin with: __<library_name>_ For example, internal function myfoosort of hashstash library should be named as __hashstash_myfoosort This helps to avoid conflicts in global name space when using libraries that come from different vendors. 4. See html manual for full version of this guide. AUTHORS
Hai Zaar <haizaar@haizaar.com> Gil Ran <ril@ran4.net> SEE ALSO
ldbash(1), ldbashconfig(8), getopts(1), hashstash(1) colors(1) messages(1) urlcoding(1) locks(1) Linux Epoch Linux