Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting odd problem in read lines from file Post 302552090 by jianma on Thursday 1st of September 2011 03:17:17 PM
Old 09-01-2011
Hi yazu,

Thanks. The information is very helpful.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Linux

odd telnet problem

Hey, I've got a RH9 box running telnet-server 0.17-25. Now i don't know what the problem is and i've been reading all night trying to find somthing like it. I am able to open a telnet session on the box using localhost and 10.10.10.6(machines address) but if i try to do it from another... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: byblyk
7 Replies

2. Linux

Odd WLAN Device Problem

I'm trying to help convert my boss over to Linux. He has an HP/Compaq PC on which he installed Fedora Core 4 on. It's got a Linksys wireless card in it and we're using the NDIS wrapper to load the Windows driver for the chipset on that card. 'iwconfig' sees the card. We can configure the card. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: deckard
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

odd ftp problem

we migrated from a system with HPUX B.11.0 to HPUX 11.23 i64 the new server is the same IP as the old server. the old server is renumbered to something else to avoid conflict. on the old system, we had a user named "ftp" . There is one person who daily will ftp files to the host using this... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: LisaS
15 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

print ODD lines

i want to print ODD lines like first ,third then fifth and so on 234,567,ABC,KJL 234,565,ABD,KJL 234,568,ABE,KJL 234,560,ABF,KJL 234,563,ABG,KJL 234,562,ABH,KJL O/P will be like 234,567,ABC,KJL ----->first liine 234,568,ABE,KJL ----->third line 234,563,ABG,KJL ----->fifth line... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: aaysa123
6 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

When reading a csv file, counter to read 20 lines and wait for minute then read next 20 till end

Hello All, i am a newbie and need some help when reading a csv file in a bourne shell script. I want to read 10 lines, then wait for a minute and then do a reading of another 10 lines and so on in the same way. I want to do this till the end of file. Any inputs are appreciated ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: victor.s
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to search for pattern in odd lines?

Hi friends, I am looking for sed command/script that would search for a given fixed pattern on odd lines and then if it matches, prints the matching pattern and the next line. For example, in the example below, i am looking for pattern 0 and 1011 on odd lines. ########## start of example file... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: kaaliakahn
10 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Insert at the beginning of odd lines

Hello people, I am trying with sed to insert some text at the beginning of each odd line of a file but no luck. Can you please help. Awk is also suitable but I am not very familiar with it. Thank you in advance for any help. (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: drbiloukos
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sum product of even/odd lines

Hi, I have a text file like this 6.0000E-02 0.00000E+00 0.0000 0.00000E+00 0.0000 7.0000E-02 5.00000E-10 1.0000 5.00000E-10 1.0000 8.0000E-02 3.00000E-09 0.4082 3.00000E-09 0.4082 9.0000E-02 3.50000E-09 0.3780 3.50000E-09 0.3780 1.0000E-01 1.00000E-09... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: f_o_555
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Replace character in odd or even lines

Hello, I'm here again asking for your precious help. I'm writing some code to convert csv files to html. I want to highlight header and also I want to have rows with alternate colors. So far this is my work###Let's format first line only with some color cat $fileIN".tmp1" | sed '1... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: emare
7 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find to delete lines with pattern and even or odd number

In the below directory I am trying to delete all lines with a .bam extention that have the pattern IonCode_ followed by an even number. I am also trying to delete all lines with a .fastq extention that have the pattern IonCode_ followed by an odd number. I was going to use find but can see all... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
6 Replies
SLAPO-SYNCPROV(5)						File Formats Manual						 SLAPO-SYNCPROV(5)

NAME
slapo-syncprov - Sync Provider overlay to slapd SYNOPSIS
/etc/openldap/slapd.conf DESCRIPTION
The Sync Provider overlay implements the provider-side support for the LDAP Content Synchronization (RFC4533) as well as syncrepl replica- tion support. The overlay can be used with any backend that maintains entryCSN and entryUUID attributes for its entries. It also creates a contextCSN attribute in the root entry of the database. The contextCSN is updated for every write operation performed against the database. To reduce database contention, the contextCSN is only updated in memory. The value is written to the database on server shutdown and read into memory on startup, and maintained in memory there- after. Checkpoints may be configured to write the contextCSN into the underlying database to minimize recovery time after an unclean shut- down. On databases that support inequality indexing, it is helpful to set an eq index on the entryCSN attribute when using this overlay. CONFIGURATION
These slapd.conf options apply to the Sync Provider overlay. They should appear after the overlay directive. syncprov-checkpoint <ops> <minutes> After a write operation has succeeded, write the contextCSN to the underlying database if <ops> write operations or more than <min- utes> time have passed since the last checkpoint. Checkpointing is disabled by default. syncprov-sessionlog <ops> Configures an in-memory session log for recording information about write operations made on the database. The <ops> specifies the number of operations that are recorded in the log. All write operations (except Adds) are recorded in the log. When using the ses- sion log, it is helpful to set an eq index on the entryUUID attribute in the underlying database. syncprov-nopresent TRUE | FALSE Specify that the Present phase of refreshing should be skipped. This value should only be set TRUE for a syncprov instance on top of a log database (such as one managed by the accesslog overlay). The default is FALSE. syncprov-reloadhint TRUE | FALSE Specify that the overlay should honor the reloadHint flag in the Sync Control. In OpenLDAP releases 2.3.11 and earlier the syncrepl consumer did not properly set this flag, so the overlay must ignore it. This option should be set TRUE when working with newer releases that properly support this flag. It must be set TRUE when using the accesslog overlay for delta-based syncrepl replication support. The default is FALSE. FILES
/etc/openldap/slapd.conf default slapd configuration file SEE ALSO
slapd.conf(5), slapd-config(5), slapo-accesslog(5). OpenLDAP Administrator's Guide. ACKNOWLEDGEMENTS
OpenLDAP Software is developed and maintained by The OpenLDAP Project <http://www.openldap.org/>. OpenLDAP Software is derived from Uni- versity of Michigan LDAP 3.3 Release. OpenLDAP 2.4.28 2011/11/24 SLAPO-SYNCPROV(5)