Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Global variable value
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Global variable value Post 302552088 by paliwal on Thursday 1st of September 2011 03:11:52 PM
Old 09-01-2011
Hi Agama,

Basically I have to install oracle using silent installer .. and after installing oracle, need to create user and Database using the script.
So what I am doing... im calling oracle installer script from main script and when that script finish its work(i.e oracle installation) i need to create users and DB using the main script but that part of script must execute when oracle installation finished by the other script.

Hope this will explain the requirement. Smilie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Global variable becomes local

I have encountered a very weird behavior of a global variable in Korn Shell in AIX: A function f1 in my script pipes the output of the function f2 to a program. A variable defined as global using typeset gets its value in f2. That value is not seen in f1. If I remove the pipe ksh recognizes the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: odashe318
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Global Variable in awk...

i think..... it's possible use a variable out a awk in the awk ??? ex. A=20071225 awk '{ print "the value is" $a }' OR awk '{ print "........"; c=10; print $c ; c=$A ; print $A}' for a external variable is possbile use in the awk ??? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ZINGARO
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Global Variable in a script?

How to create a Global variable within a script file. say i want a varaible called LOGFILE to be used within all the script. how to do that? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: skyineyes
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

global variable in awk

I wrote a awk script file and define some global variables after BEGIN option: BEGIN { cell = ""; alarm = "";} when i run the command: awk -f awk_script inputfile The results are as expected. But when I put awk script into a shell script. Global variables couldn't be understand. I don't... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: anhtt
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

global variable not being set

In ksh I thought a global variable was any variable in a script or function that did not have the typeset command. I have a global in my calling script which I increment in a function, but the value does not change in the calling script. Here is the code: function f_open_log { typeset -r... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: robotball
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Global variable

I have written a shell scritp in which i am using a variable which is declared before a while loop and i am updaitng the variable in while loop and want to use its updated value outside the loop. I am not able to do so, b'coz the scope of the variable is limited to the while loop only and when i am... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: deepanshu
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

global variable not holding its value?

dear there, this kept me awake last night, the variable ${TO} in the following script doesn't seem to hold its value. I have a file ./filelist, which lists all files of interests. I group them by keywords in the filename, and would like to count total number of lines in each group. ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: patiobarbecue
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with Global Variable

Hi Guyz, I have a requirement like, i have to run a script every hour to count the number of errors encountered. At the end of the day, i need to send them the total number of errors, that have ocurred the entire day. For eg. if 10 errors occurred for starting 1 hr, 5 for next 1 hr, so on.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: DTechBuddy
1 Replies

9. Programming

Structure as global variable

I need to use the below global structure defined in code1.c in another code2.c struct memIOptrs { const char *name; unsigned char *virtptr; }MEM_IO_PTRS; I have a header file for the project codes.h, how should the structure be declared here. Also, what if the structure was... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dragonpoint
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Global Variable

Hi, I have created a variable say today at the begin having 123 as its value and inside a for loop it gets resolved to some value say 150 in its first iteration. How can I use this value 150 ( 1st iteration's ) outside the scope of for loop ?. In the same way I wanted to use all iteration's... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: penqueen
1 Replies
installer(1M)						  System Administration Commands					     installer(1M)

NAME
installer - Solaris Web Start installer utility SYNOPSIS
installer [-locales list] [-nodisplay] [-noconsole] [-debug] DESCRIPTION
The installer utility invokes a Web Start install wizard sequence which will lead the user through a sequence of installation panels. This installer utility is found on many CDs that are shipped with Solaris and it will be found among the top level files of these CDs. When the installer is on a CD being accessed from a desktop file manager, the installer can be double clicked to start the installation sequence. If the user is not currently the system's root user, the root user password will be requested. The installer utility can also be run from other UNIX scripts. Usually, a script is used in conjunction with the utility's -nodis- play option. Add the -noconsole option for non-interactive scripts. OPTIONS
The following options are supported: -locales list Selects product translations for install, corresponding to the specified list of locales if the specified locale transla- tions are present on the installation media. Locales are supplied in a comma-separated list following the -locales option. An example list would appear as follows: installer -locales fr,de,it This would install products with translations for the French, German, and Italian locales. -nodisplay Runs the install without a graphical user interface. Use the default product install unless it was modified by the -locales options. -noconsole Run the install without any interactive text console device. Useful when paired with -nodisplay for non-interactive UNIX script use. -debug Outputs extra information about what the install is doing. Mainly for install diagnostic purposes. FILES
/var/sadm/install/logs location of installation log files SEE ALSO
prodreg(1M) SunOS 5.10 11 December 2001 installer(1M)