Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How can I change file value based on condition Post 302552036 by Shell_Life on Thursday 1st of September 2011 11:39:52 AM
Old 09-01-2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by sk1418
this would be what you need:
Code:
  awk -F, 'NR==FNR{ a["["$1"]"]=$2} NR>FNR{ if($0 in a){ f =1;i=$0; print $0; next;}else{ $0 = "start_dt="a[i]; print $0; f=0;i=0; } }' file2 file1

The solution will not work for the following data:

File1:
Code:
[title1]
start_dt=2010-01-01 12:00:02
[title2]
start_dt=2011-01-01 09:00:02
[title3]
start_dt=2009-01-01 11:00:02
[title9]
start_dt=2011-01-01 07:00:02

File2:
Code:
title2, 2010-01-03 10:00:02
title3, 2011-01-04 11:00:02
title7, 2009-02-04 13:00:02

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Splitting a file based on some condition and naming them

I have a file given below. I want to split the file where ever I came across ***(instead you can put ### symbols in the file) . Also I need to name the file by extracting the report name from the first line which is in bold(eg:RPT507A) concatinated with DD(day on which the file runs). Can someone... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: srivsn
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Read file based on condition

Hi Friends, Can any one help with this: I have a huge file with the format as A SAM 4637 B DEPT1 4758 MILAN A SMITH 46585 B DEPT2 5385 HARRYIS B SAMUL 63547 GEORGE B DANIEL 899 BOISE A FRES 736 74638 I have to read this file and write only the records that starts with "B" only ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sbasetty
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Spliting file based on condition

Hi, I have a comma separated file with millions of records in it. I have a requirement to split the file based on the value in a one of the columns. Suppose i have a text file with columns like C1, C2,C3,C4 Column C4 can hold the values either 01 or 02 03 or 04. I nned to extract... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Raamc
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Change in Input feed based on condition file

Sorry Guys for not being able to explain in one of my earlier post. I am now putting my requirement with the input file and desired output file. In the below input file - Transaction code is at position 31:40. Business code is from position 318:321 TSCM00000005837 ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: varunrbs
7 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Update a field in a file based on condition

Hi i am new to scripting. i have a file file.dat with content as : CONTENT_STORAGE PERCENTAGE FLAG: /storage_01 64% 0 /storage_02 17% 1 I need to update the value of FLAG for a particular CONTENT_STORAGE value I have written the following code #!/bin/sh threshold=20... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kichu
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Getting data from a flat file based on condition

Hi, I have a flaty file from which i am fetching few columns in tablular form as below code. Now i want to fetch the column 6 and 7 in below code only if it either of them is non zero.However below startement awk -F, '$6==0 && $7==0{exit 1}' ${IFILE} is not working..Not sure where is the... (36 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vivekit82
36 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Adding data from a file based on some condition

I collect data in a file in below format(Month Day Year Size) in RedHat Linux. Now i want to calculate the data size date wise. As i code shell script after long time, i forgot the features and syntax. Can anyone help me regard this please. Feb 8 2014 15 Feb 10 2014 32 Feb 10 2014 32 Feb 12... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: makauser
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Join fields in a same file based on condition

I have an input file like this... All iI want to do is If the lines are identical except for the last field i want to merge them into single line input_file I feel something is nothing I feel something is everything apple mango banana apple mango grapes I want to get output like this:... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: raj_k
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk to change contents of field based on condition in same file

In the awk below I am trying to copy the entire contents of $6 there may be multiple values seperated by a ;, to $8, if $8 is . (lines 1 and 3 are examples). If that condition $8 is not . (line2 is an example) then that line is skipped and printed as is. The awk does execute but prints the output... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
3 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Change the field color based on condition in email

Request your help to change the field color based on condition , if it is otherthan 0. using html in unix. Here is my condition for(i=1;i<=NF;i++) { print "<td> "$i"</td> } Please use CODE tags when displaying sample input, output, and code segments. (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: CatchMe
17 Replies
PAPS(1) 						      General Commands Manual							   PAPS(1)

NAME
paps - UTF-8 to PostScript converter using Pango SYNOPSIS
paps [options] files... DESCRIPTION
paps reads a UTF-8 encoded file and generates a PostScript language rendering of the file. The rendering is done by creating outline curves through the pango ft2 backend. OPTIONS
These programs follow the usual GNU command line syntax, with long options starting with two dashes (`-'). A summary of options is included below. --landscape Landscape output. Default is portrait. --columns=cl Number of columns output. Default is 1. --font=desc Set the font description. Default is Monospace 12. --rtl Do rtl layout. --paper ps Choose paper size. Known paper sizes are legal, letter, a4. Default is A4. --bottom-margin=bm Set bottom margin in postscript points (1/72 inch). Default is 36. --top-margin=tm Set top margin. Default is 36. --left-margin=lm Set left margin. Default is 36. --right-margin=rm Set right margin. Default is 36. --help Show summary of options. --header Draw page header for each page. --markup Interpret the text as pango markup. --encoding=ENCODING Assume the documentation encoding is ENCODING. --lpi Set the lines per inch. This determines the line spacing. --cpi Set the characters per inch. This is an alternative method of specifying the font size. --stretch-chars Indicates that characters should be stretched in the y-direction to fill up their vertical space. This is similar to the texttops behaviour. AUTHOR
paps was written by Dov Grobgeld <dov.grobgeld@gmail.com>. This manual page was written by Lior Kaplan <kaplan@debian.org>, for the Debian project (but may be used by others). April 17, 2006 PAPS(1)