Sponsored Content
The Lounge What is on Your Mind? Has anyone in this forum tried a hybrid HDD, is it worth? Post 302551994 by verdepollo on Thursday 1st of September 2011 10:02:55 AM
Old 09-01-2011
Thanks. I think I'll go for a standard HDD.

Seems like hybrid drives do not provide many extra benefits than what standard HDDs offer for day-to-day tasks; and real SDDs are IMHO still too expensive.

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Hybrid CD-ROMs

Hello, Is there any way to create a hybrid CD-ROM on either a Windows or Solaris server to be able to mastered with a Windows mastering software like Roxio. Thanks, Mike (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bubba112557
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Old HDD copy to new HDD ? im lost...

Over the last few months the HDD spins louder and louder, so I fiqured its time to replace the HDD. Its been running 24/7/365 since 98 :eek:. yes i said since 98 :D I have an IBM system 43P Model 240. 233 MHz. running AIX Version 4. The current HDD is an IBM DGHS COMP IEC -950 FRU PN#... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Chevy89rocks
5 Replies

3. Solaris

Please explain why ZFS is said to be a hybrid filesystem and a volume manager also

Hi guys! How come ZFS is said to be not just a filesystem but a hybrid filesystem and also a volume manager? Please explain. I will appreciate your replies. Hope you can help me figure this out. Thanks in advance! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Klyde
1 Replies

4. Virtualization and Cloud Computing

Private, Public and Hybrid Clouds

Hi all, Private, Public and Hybrid Clouds I'm now testing OpenStack; Home OpenStack Open Source Cloud Computing Software -Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) -Platform as a Service (PaaS) -Software as a Service (SaaS) It is an Open Source software. I'm interested to know whether... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: satimis
0 Replies

5. AIX

IBM AIX Internal HDD vs SAN HDD and Oracle

Hi Folks, I am facing an issue with the performance. P4 with 1 processor and 16 GB RAM and SAN HDD = Oracle report takes 25 minutes P5 with 2 processors and 16 GB RAM internall HDD with LPAR = Oracle Report takes 1 hour 15 minutes ( please note I have assigned all the max processors and... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: filosophizer
7 Replies

6. Programming

OpenMP and MPI hybrid thread numbers

hi, I have two basic questions, I will be really grateful if I receive any comment from you, I have an MPI code where I am trying to implement OpenMP directives. The machine where I run the code has 16 cores. I run the code with export OMP_NUM_THREADS=2 mpirun -np 4 ./exec If I... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: armando_2011
0 Replies
GTIMER(1)							      GTimer								 GTIMER(1)

NAME
gtimer - an application for recording time spent on user-defined tasks. SYNOPSIS
gtimer [-midnight offset] [-weekstart day] [-nosplash] [-resume] [-start task] DESCRIPTION
GTimer allows the user to time one or more activities. Users define tasks that can be timed. Text annotations can also be added to tasks. Reports can be generated that summarize time spent and annotations. OPTIONS
-midnight offset Specify the offset of midnight to use. Users can allow time spent after midnight to be recorded for the previous day. For exam- ple, the command gtimer -midnight 400 will not consider everything 3:59AM the previous day. -weekstart day Specify which day of the week should be considered the beginning of the week when generating reports. day should be a number between 0 and 6, where 0 is Sunday. For example, the command gtimer -weekstart 1 will use Monday as the first day of the week for all weekly reports. The default is 0 (Sunday). -resume Start timing any tasks that were still be timed when GTimer last exited. -start taskname Start timing the specified task immediately. This option can be used more than once on the command line. For example, you can start a tasks with: gtimer -start 'GTimer development' -nosplash Do not display the splash window on startup. FILES
~/.gtimer/ data storage SEE ALSO
enscript(1), lpr(1) AUTHOR
Craig Knudsen <cknudsen@cknudsen.com> <http://www.cknudsen.com/> GTimer WWW home page: <http://www.cknudsen.com/gtimer/> GTimer Mar 19, 2003 GTIMER(1)