Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Removing EMC LUN from Solaris 10 host without a reboot Post 302551921 by furby on Thursday 1st of September 2011 05:36:53 AM
Old 09-01-2011
Thank you for the reply. I have a question?

How would the unconfigure affect that PATH as there are other disks using that path. I dont want to cause any impact to the other disks currently in use?

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Problems fetching EMC disks to Solaris OS.

Hi, I have a nasty little problem with my disks on my system My system configuration is as follows Sunv890 with sunos 9 connected tot a IBM6800 SAN using a 2port 2 GB qla2342 adapter. We have bought a EMC SAN. The company who sold us the san, said that it would be no problem connecting the... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: orac
10 Replies

2. Solaris

Can't see Netapp LUN on Solaris using LPFC after reboot.

Hi, I've just edited this post. I found the solution for this. Thanks. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: gwhelan
0 Replies

3. Red Hat

Grow LUN presented on Linux host

Hi, I have a SAN LUN of 550 GB created as an ext3 partition of the entire lun and need to make the lun and partition larger... 600 GB # fdisk -l /dev/sdj Disk /dev/sdj: 590.5 GB, 590558003200 bytes 255 heads, 63 sectors/track, 71797 cylinders Units = cylinders of 16065 * 512 = 8225280... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jamba1
3 Replies

4. Solaris

Documentation on connecting EMC storage to Solaris servers

Hi Can anyone suggest me some documents for EMC clarion documents which I am going to use in the servers with solaris environments. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ningy
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Solaris Server dectects EMC dead path and send mail immediately

taus-itcapp1#powermt display dev=all Pseudo name=emcpower0a CLARiiON ID=APM00105201788 Logical device ID=60060160B2202B001094F0E0AF5CE011 state=alive; policy=CLAROpt; priority=0; queued-IOs=0; Owner: default=SP A, current=SP A Array failover mode: 1 ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: orafup
6 Replies

6. Linux

EMC, PowerPath and issue on using LUN

Hello guys, I'm going crazy over here with a problem with a LUN created on a EMC CX3. I did sucessfully managed to create the LUN on the Storage (the LUN is named DBLNX25EC_TST), after doing the following process: echo "1" > /sys/class/fc_host/host<n>/issue_lip and echo "- - -" >... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Zarnick
10 Replies

7. Solaris

Solaris 10 booting from EMC SAN DISK

Hi All, I have server : Sun-Fire-V490 configured with Solaris 10 zfs .. and I have configured three mirror the third one from EMC storage. root@server # zpool status -v pool: rpool state: ONLINE status: The pool is formatted using an older on-disk format. The pool can ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: top.level
8 Replies

8. Solaris

Solaris/vxvm/EMC Lun configuration

Hello all, i try to allocate the same LUN to two server (or more in the future) i use solaris 10, vxvm (vxfs) for data and solaris zones and EMC DMX-4, i try to migrate solaris zones between servers in case of problem. and this is what i want to do - affect LUN to srv00124 and srv10155 -... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: mat_solaris
5 Replies

9. AIX

AIX help -reconnect EMC lun

we have an old AIX system with important data on an EMC LUN. the AIX server crashed and we had to rebuild it with the old AIX os 5.8. how do we reconnect the EMC LUN without losing the data? (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: jhudson12
15 Replies
vxdiskadd(1M)															     vxdiskadd(1M)

NAME
vxdiskadd - add one or more disks for use with Veritas Volume Manager SYNOPSIS
vxdiskadd disk_address_pattern_list DESCRIPTION
The vxdiskadd utility configures disks for use by Veritas Volume Manager (VxVM). Disks must already have been formatted. vxdiskadd prompts the user for a disk group name and disk name for the disks. If no disk group name specified, the disks will be left as unassigned replacement disks for future use. A new disk group may be created that will become the disks' disk group. If a disk group is specified for the disks, the user is prompted for whether the disks should be designated as spares for the disk group. For new disks, all space on the disk becomes free space in the disk's disk group. vxdiskadd interactively allows initialization to be done for all the disks specified or allows the user to ask to make the decision for each disk individually. One or more disks may be specified with a disk_address_pattern_list. The basic form of a disk address is c#t#d#. Any leading portion of this address may be specified to indicate that all disks that match that leading portion should be used. For example c2t0 may be used to specify all disks on controller 2, target 0. More than one disk address or address pattern may be specified on the command line. In case of enclosure-based names, the disk address will be of the form enclosurename_diskno. The enclosurename indicates that all disks in the specified enclosure are used. For example, emc1_ is used to specify all disks in the enclosure emc1. The word all may be used to specify all disks on the system. Disk address names relate directly to device node names in the /dev/dmp and /dev/rdmp directories. Here are more examples: all: all disks c3 c4t2: all disks on controller 3 and controller 4, target 2 c3t4d2: a single disk (in the c#t#d# naming scheme) xyz_0 : a single disk (in the enclosure based naming scheme) xyz_ : all disks on the enclosure whose name is xyz The files /etc/vx/cntrls.exclude, /etc/vx/disks.exclude and /etc/vx/enclr.exclude may be used to exclude controllers or disks from use by vxdiskadd. Each line of cntrls.exclude specifies the address of a controller to exclude, for example, c2. Each line of disks.exclude spec- ifies a disk to exclude, for example, c0t3d0. Each line of enclr.exclude specifies the name of an enclosure to exclude, for example, enc0. All courses of action that do not involve clear failure conditions require prompts from the user, with defaults supplied as appropriate. Help is made available at every prompt. Entering ? in response to a prompt displays a context-sensitive help message. OPERATIONS
Reconnecting a drive that was temporarily inaccessible This situation is detected automatically by noting that the specified drive has a disk ID that matches a disk media record with no currently associated physical disk. After reconnection, any stale plexes referring the disk are reattached, and any stopped volumes referring the disk are restarted. This reattach action is performed by calling the vxrecover utility. Initialization of a disk with reserved regions Initialization of the disk is performed by calling vxdisksetup. Adding a disk to an existing disk group This operation can be performed independently of the initialization of the disk drive. The operation adds the disk to the group so that its storage is added to the free space pool in that disk group. The vxassist utility can subsequently allocate from that free space. Creation of new disk groups in which to import a new disk If disks are added that are required to be put into a disk group that does not exist, the option of creating the disk group is offered. Hardware-Specific Note Some environments provide guidelines to optimize VxVM's interaction with intelligent storage systems. If these guidelines are present, VxVM follows the guidelines when adding disks to disk groups. If the operation fails due to these guideline(s), you are prompted to use the force option. The force option ignores any such storage-specific guidelines. FILES
/etc/vx/cntrls.exclude Specifies the address of controllers to exclude from vxdiskadd operations. /etc/vx/disks.exclude Specifies the address of disks to exclude from vxdiskadd operations. /etc/vx/enclr.exclude Specifies the address of enclosures to exclude from vxdiskadd operations. NOTES
EFI disks cannot be added to a disk group that is compatible with the Cross-platform Data Sharing (CDS) feature, nor can they be formatted as CDS disks. SEE ALSO
vxassist(1M), vxdisk(1M), vxdiskadm(1M), vxdisksetup(1M), vxintro(1M), vxrecover(1M) VxVM 5.0.31.1 24 Mar 2008 vxdiskadd(1M)