Sponsored Content
Special Forums IP Networking DHCP/pxeboot Situation: how to specify default route? Post 302551808 by cjcox on Wednesday 31st of August 2011 05:22:19 PM
Old 08-31-2011
you mean:

Code:
option routers 192.168.1.1 ;

(option not being plural)

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

Permanent Default Route

Hi, We are running AIX 5.2. Our default gateway used to be IP Address A. Our new default gateway is IP Address B. A netstat revealed that our default route was IP address A. We manually added default route with IP address B and removed the default route with IP address A. However,... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: DenD
3 Replies

2. AIX

Default route removed - what to do ?

Hi, After accidental default route removal serial connection doesn't work. What should I do to connect to my machine ? thanks Vilius (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: vilius
7 Replies

3. Solaris

solaris 10 u5 what happens if no default route configured

Hi, I am new to solaris 10. What is the procedure the os takes if a default route is not configured? I am using a multihomed server with 4 interfaces. It looked strange to me this morning, because i had not defined a default route it defaulted to making one up, with the ip address of another... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: borderblaster
9 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Configuration servidor PXEBOOT

Well I'd like to know how I have to configure the tftpboot folder on a Ubuntu 9.04, from this server to boot the livecd of clonezilla on the client through pxe, for now this is what I have does not work. I have the file in the folder tftpboot vmlinuz and initrd.img from the iso file clonezilla... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: antonioongp
0 Replies

5. AIX

Default route question

Hello I have a question regarding default route on AIX servers. (I am using a p5 5.3 TL9 machine). in my output of "lsattr -El inet0" I can see there are two routes like below. route net,-hopcount,0,,0,x.x.207.7 Route True route net,-hopcount,0,,0,x.x.202.129 Route True But... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: gsabarinath
9 Replies

6. Solaris

Default route is configured, but seem to not work

Hiya, I got the default gateway set in /etc/defaultrouter file, however "netstat -nr" doesn't show anything like "default" in the routing table. As far as I know "netstat" on Solaris 10 u7 should show something like : Routing Table: IPv4 Destination Gateway Flags Ref ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: TomSu
8 Replies

7. AIX

Default Route add fails

AIX version 5.3 when I try to add default gateway # route add 0 192.168.100.254 Or # route add default 192.168.100.254 I get the error 0821-275 route: socket: The file access permissions do not allow the specified action. searching on google i came across similar... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: filosophizer
5 Replies

8. IP Networking

Get DHCP relay interfaces IP address using DHCP

Hi All , please view the set up below: ------------------------------------------------------------------- | DHCP Server |-----------| ROUTER & |-----------| Clients | | 192.168.99.1 | - -<eth1>| DHCP-RELAY|<eth2>-- | 192.168.88.X | ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gdangoor
2 Replies

9. Solaris

Default route in system

Hi All Recently we have faced issue in SUN server after reboot of node 2 default routs has been added to system as below IRE Table: IPv4 **Destination*************Mask***********Gateway**********Device Mxfrg Rtt***Ref Flg**Out**In/Fwd* -------------------- ---------------... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: aaysa123
2 Replies

10. Red Hat

IP Route add default and make permanet

Hi all, actually i'm facing this problem, we have 2 NICs on our VM.s with REDHAT 7.2 release, we made the following set up as we needed to access them from both IP ip route flush all ip route add 10.130.11.0/24 dev eno2 tab 1 ip route add 10.130.10.0/24 dev eno1 tab 2 ip route add... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: charli1
0 Replies
PXEBOOT(8)						    BSD System Manager's Manual 						PXEBOOT(8)

NAME
pxeboot -- Preboot Execution Environment (PXE) bootloader DESCRIPTION
The pxeboot bootloader is a modified version of the system third-stage bootstrap loader(8) configured to run under Intel's Preboot Execution Environment (PXE) system. PXE is a form of smart boot ROM, built into Intel EtherExpress Pro/100 and 3Com 3c905c Ethernet cards, and Ether- net-equipped Intel motherboards. PXE supports DHCP configuration and provides low-level NIC access services. The pxeboot bootloader retrieves the kernel, modules, and other files either via NFS over UDP or by TFTP, selectable through compile-time options. In combination with a memory file system image or NFS-mounted root file system, pxeboot allows for easy, EEPROM-burner free construction of diskless machines. The pxeboot binary is loaded just like any other boot file, by specifying it in the DHCP server's configuration file. Below is a sample con- figuration for the ISC DHCP v2 server: option domain-name "example.com"; option routers 10.0.0.1; option subnet-mask 255.255.255.0; option broadcast-address 10.0.0.255; option domain-name-servers 10.0.0.1; server-name "DHCPserver"; server-identifier 10.0.0.1; default-lease-time 120; max-lease-time 120; subnet 10.0.0.0 netmask 255.255.255.0 { filename "pxeboot"; range 10.0.0.10 10.0.0.254; } pxeboot recognizes next-server and option root-path directives as the server and path to NFS mount for file requests, respectively, or the server to make TFTP requests to. Note that pxeboot expects to fetch /boot/loader.rc from the specified server before loading any other files. In all other respects, pxeboot acts just like loader(8). As PXE is still in its infancy, some firmware versions may not work properly. The pxeboot bootloader has been extensively tested on version 0.99 of Intel firmware; pre-release versions of the newer 2.0 firmware are known to have problems. Check with the device's manufacturer for their latest stable release. For further information on Intel's PXE specifications and Wired for Management (WfM) systems, see http://www.intel.com/design/archives/wfm/. SEE ALSO
loader(8) HISTORY
The pxeboot bootloader first appeared in FreeBSD 4.1. AUTHORS
The pxeboot bootloader was written by John Baldwin <jhb@FreeBSD.org> and Paul Saab <ps@FreeBSD.org>. This manual page was written by Doug White <dwhite@FreeBSD.org>. BSD
May 1, 2000 BSD