Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Tricky task with DNA sequences. Post 302551791 by radoulov on Wednesday 31st of August 2011 04:18:34 PM
Old 08-31-2011
If the answer is yes:

Code:
perl -nle'BEGIN {
  @map{ A, C, G, T } = ( T, G, C, A )
  }
  print /^>/ ?
    $_ :
      join //, map $map{ $_ }, split //, scalar reverse
  ' infile

This User Gave Thanks to radoulov For This Post:

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Tricky one...

Here's my problem: I have a laptop running Windows XP Pro with no internal CD or Floppy drives. I want to install Linux on it. I don't care about the Windows XP Pro installation, in fact I would like to install Linux over the entirety of the HD. However I cannot boot from any external CD drive... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: saabir
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Tricky Sed

Hello. I am trying to convert occurrences of 'NULL' from a datafile. The 'NULL' occurences appears at this: |NULL| NULL|NULL| NULL|NULL| NULL|NULL| NULL| There should be 52 fields per line. I would like any occurrence of | NULL| or |NULL| to appear as '||' Currently I am using this sed... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bestbuyernc
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

comment and Uncomment single task out of multiple task

I have a file contains TASK gsnmpproxy { CommandLine = $SMCHOME/bin/gsnmpProxy.exe } TASK gsnmpdbgui { CommandLine = $SMCHOME/bin/gsnmpdbgui.exe I would like to comment and than uncomment specific task eg TASK gsnmpproxy Pls suggest how to do in shell script (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: madhusmita
9 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parse an XML task list to create each task.xml file

I have an task definition listing xml file that contains a list of tasks such as <TASKLIST <TASK definition="Completion date" id="Taskname1" Some other <CODE name="Code12" <Parameter pname="Dog" input="5.6" units="feet" etc /Parameter> <Parameter... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: MissI
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extracting DNA sequences from GenBank files using Perl

Hi all, Using Perl, I need to extract DNA bases from a GenBank file for a given plant species. A sample GenBank file is here... Nucleotide This is saved on my computer as NC_001666.gb. I also have a file that is saved on my computer as NC_001666.txt. This text file has a list of all... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: akreibich07
5 Replies

6. Solaris

Tricky egrep

Hi folks! My first post here. I'm working on a script that retrieves a range of files from a list depending on a range of time. UPDATE: I've seen it could be difficult to read all this thing, so I'll make a summarize it.. How come I do this and take a result.. grep "..\:.." lista.new |... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kl0x
4 Replies

7. HP-UX

Tricky situation getting IP address

Hi, I have a multihomed system HP-UX with two NIC cards having IP address 10.9.0.13 & 10.9.0.45 I have two weblogic servers running one listening on "10.9.0.13" and the other on "10.9.0.45" Given a PID how is it possible to extract the IP Address that the weblogic server is using and... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script for changing the accession number of DNA sequences in a FASTA file

Hi, I am having a file of dna sequences in fasta format which look like this: >admin_1_45 atatagcaga >admin_1_46 atatagcagaatatatat with many such thousands of sequences in a single file. I want to the replace the accession Id "admin_1_45" similarly in following sequences to... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: margarita
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convert a DNA sequence into Amino Acid

I am trying to write a bash script that would be able to read DNA sequences (each line in the file is a sequence) from a file, where sequences are separated by an empty line. I am then to find the amino acid that these DNA sequences encode per codon (each group of three literals.) For example, if I... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: faizlo
3 Replies
BLASTCLUST(1)						     NCBI Tools User's Manual						     BLASTCLUST(1)

NAME
blastclust - BLAST score-based single-linkage clustering SYNOPSIS
blastclust [-] [-C] [-L X] [-S X] [-W N] [-a N] [-b F] [-c filename] [-d filename] [-e F] [-i filename] [-l filename] [-o filename] [-p F] [-r filename] [-s filename] [-v [filename]] DESCRIPTION
blastclust automatically and systematically clusters protein or DNA sequences based on pairwise matches found using the BLAST algorithm in case of proteins or Mega BLAST algorithm for DNA. In the latter case a single Mega BLAST search is performed for all the sequences combined against a database created from the same sequences. blastclust finds pairs of sequences that have statistically significant matches and clusters them using single-linkage clustering. OPTIONS
A summary of options is included below. - Print usage message -C Complete unfinished clustering -L X Length coverage threshold (default = 0.9) -S X Score coverage threshold (bit score / length if < 3.0, percentage of identities otherwise; default = 1.75) -W N Use words of size N (length of best perfect match; zero invokes default behavior: 3 for proteins, 32 for nucleotides) -a N Number of CPU's to use (default = 1) -b F Do not require coverage on both neighbours -c filename Read advanced options from configuration file filename -d filename Input as a database -e F Disable id parsing in database formatting -i filename FASTA input file (program will format the database and remove files in the end; default = stdin) -l filename Restrict reclustering to id list in filename -o filename Output file for list of clusters (default = stdout) -p F Input is nucleotides, not proteins. -r filename Restore neighbors for reclustering from filename -s filename Save all neighbours to filename -v [filename] Print verbose progress messages (to filename) AUTHOR
The National Center for Biotechnology Information. SEE ALSO
blast(1), formatdb(1), /usr/share/doc/blast2/blastclust.html, <http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/BLAST/> NCBI
2004-06-25 BLASTCLUST(1)