Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting password file as std input to script Post 302551787 by mpheine on Wednesday 31st of August 2011 03:57:56 PM
Old 08-31-2011
password file as std input to script

I'm a fairly new AIX admin (disclaimer).
We have SQL scripts written by end users that use a userid and passwd to connect to our DB2 database.
Is it possible to create an "input file" that contains the db2 connect parameters and yet secure the file from the SQL creator?

i.e., they can "use" the password file, but can't "read" it.

Or is there a better way to skin this cat? (no offfense cat lovers!)

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to redirect std out and std err to same file

Hi I want both standard output and standard error of my command cmd to go to the same file log.txt. please let me know the best commandline to do this. Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: 0ktalmagik
2 Replies

2. Programming

Sun Studio C++ - Getting error in linking std::ostream &std::ostream::operator<<(std:

Hello all Im using CC: Sun C++ 5.6 2004/07/15 and using the -library=stlport4 when linkning im getting The fallowing error : Undefined first referenced symbol in file std::ostream &std::ostream::operator<<(std::ios_base&(*)(std::ios_base&))... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: umen
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

PDKSH dual std input threads

Hi All, I'm trying to read from two files at the same time, but the second READ is failing, giving no value. Obvious STDIN is being used by the first "while read", so how can I retrieve a value from a second file within the loop ?? IFS=" ," cat $DATAFILE | while read curdate currentcksum... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: adrianmarsh
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need script to take input from file, match on it in file 2 and input data

All, I am trying to figure out a script to run in windows that will allow me to match on First column in file1 to 8th Column in File2 then Insert file1 column2 to file2 column4 then create a new file. File1: 12345 Sam 12346 Bob 12347 Bill File2:... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: darkoth
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to read multiple lines from Std Input into an array

Hi All, Does anyone know how to read multiple lines from standard input into an array and then iterate a loop for all the lines read. Below is an example pseudocode: I need the below filenames to be read by the script into an array or something similar: And then in the script, I... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: bharath.gct
9 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to input encrpyted password into htdigest (Apache)

Hey guys, This is my situation. I'm using the script to add a user account, however, i want the same details copied into the htdigest password list. the format is username:virtualservername:hashed/encrypted password. This is the command : sudo htdigest /etc/apache2/passwords... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: xxxx
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to delete files with an input for directories and an input for path/file

Hello, I'm trying to figure out how best to approach this script, and I have very little experience, so I could use all the help I can get. :wall: I regularly need to delete files from many directories. A file with the same name may exist any number of times in different subdirectories.... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: *ShadowCat*
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script password input

hy, I wrote a simple shell script to monitor (with Nagios) a SNX VPN function. Here the Code snippet: testing=`ssh user@IP-address 'ls /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-eth0'` #echo $testing if ; then echo "VPN is working" exit 0 else snx -s server -u user ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tomies
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Input password to bash script, save, and enter when needed

I am looking for a way to start a script and have it prompt for a password that will be used later on in the script to SSH to another host and to SFTP. I don't want the password to be hard coded. Below is my script with the actual IP's and usernames removed. #!/usr/bin/expect -f... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jbrass
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help OS X script : password input

Hello Sorry for the question.. i would like to make a script for OS X that allow me to change the password for a user account. i have to use this script on several iMac with the same user/password. i want to store the passwords inside the script, no security problems involved. the... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: araan87
9 Replies
DROP 
DATABASE(7) SQL Commands DROP DATABASE(7) NAME
DROP DATABASE - remove a database SYNOPSIS
DROP DATABASE name INPUTS name The name of an existing database to remove. OUTPUTS DROP DATABASE This message is returned if the command is successful. DROP DATABASE: cannot be executed on the currently open database You cannot be connected to the database you are about to remove. Instead, connect to template1 or any other database and run this command again. DROP DATABASE: may not be called in a transaction block You must finish the transaction in progress before you can call this command. DESCRIPTION
DROP DATABASE removes the catalog entries for an existing database and deletes the directory containing the data. It can only be executed by the database owner (usually the user that created it). DROP DATABASE cannot be undone. Use it with care! NOTES This command cannot be executed while connected to the target database. Thus, it might be more convenient to use the shell script dropdb [dropdb(1)], which is a wrapper around this command, instead. Refer to CREATE DATABASE [create_database(7)] for information on how to create a database. COMPATIBILITY
SQL92 DROP DATABASE statement is a PostgreSQL language extension; there is no such command in SQL92. SQL - Language Statements 2002-11-22 DROP DATABASE(7)