Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users What files or programs have the ability to change your default network scripts and config Post 302551776 by Corona688 on Wednesday 31st of August 2011 02:31:54 PM
Old 08-31-2011
No, but we do have a Fedora subforum.

---------- Post updated at 12:31 PM ---------- Previous update was at 12:25 PM ----------

It's NetworkManager.

If you don't want to turn the entire silly thing off, it might be better to work with it than to edit config files manually.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How can you explain this - Strange network config

First ifconfig command: ifconfig -a tu1: flags=c63<UP,BROADCAST,NOTRAILERS,RUNNING,MULTICAST,SIMPLEX> inet 192.168.3.25 netmask ffffff00 broadcast 192.168.3.255 ipmtu 1500 tu0: flags=c63<UP,BROADCAST,NOTRAILERS,RUNNING,MULTICAST,SIMPLEX> inet 128.1.51.219 netmask ffff0000... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: ermingut
7 Replies

2. Answers to Frequently Asked Questions

scripts/programs/code posted to www.unix.com

Every now and then our users post complete programs to this site. It is especially important that these contributions don't get lost, so I will collect them here. Some of these programs are intended to demonstrate a programming technique and some are ready to run. As a guideline, the code... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Perderabo
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Config file use in Shell Programs...

I wanted to know the format everyone uses for cfg files that are called by shell programs. I do mostly sh and ksh scripts and many times I'm modifying an existing script to do another task. Recently I have been making my scripts more generic and using configuration files to hold uniq details.... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: tomas
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

parsing config file to create new config files

Hi, I want to use a config file as the base file and parse over the values of country and city parameters in the config file and generate separate config files as explained below. I will be using the config file as mentioned below: (config.txt) country:a,b city:1,2 type:b1... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: clazzic
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script that will compare two config files and produce 2 outputs 1)actual config file 2)report

Hi I am new to shell scripting. There is a requirement to write a shell script to meet follwing needs.Prompt reply shall be highly appreciated. script that will compare two config files and produce 2 outputs - actual config file and a report indicating changes made. OS :Susi linux ver 10.3. ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: muraliinfy04
4 Replies

6. OS X (Apple)

Right-Click scripts and programs in finder

How can I add a right-click option where I can add my own programs and script to finder? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: codecaine
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

File maintenance programs/scripts ala logrotate

Hi all, Before I start writing my own file maintenance script, maybe one such program/scripts already exist somewhere :-) Am looking for a file maintenance script/application that is configurable that I can use to process files under certain criteria, for example, removing files that are... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: newbie_01
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Automatically determining directory path for scripts and programs

I have some C++ code in the following directory structure /home/chrisd/tatsh/trunk/hstmy/ ├── baseLib ├── bin │ ├── awk │ ├── bash │ ├── diag │ ├── ksh │ │ └── TAG201011 │ ├── old │ ├── perl │ ├── prog │ ├── py │ └── tcsh ├── docs ├── fortran ├── others... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: kristinu
0 Replies

9. Solaris

Network Config on Zone in a Guest LDOM

Solaris for Sparc 11.1 with the latest patches. Created a Guest LDOM with two vnet's net0 and net1, installed a guest whole root, ip exclusive zone that I want to be able to utilize DHCP. I have been able to create the zone but unable to get it to boot because I am unable to assign an anet to it.... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: os2mac
4 Replies
URI::URL(3)						User Contributed Perl Documentation					       URI::URL(3)

NAME
URI::URL - Uniform Resource Locators SYNOPSIS
$u1 = URI::URL->new($str, $base); $u2 = $u1->abs; DESCRIPTION
This module is provided for backwards compatibility with modules that depend on the interface provided by the "URI::URL" class that used to be distributed with the libwww-perl library. The following differences exist compared to the "URI" class interface: o The URI::URL module exports the url() function as an alternate constructor interface. o The constructor takes an optional $base argument. The "URI::URL" class is a subclass of "URI::WithBase". o The URI::URL->newlocal class method is the same as URI::file->new_abs. o URI::URL::strict(1) o $url->print_on method o $url->crack method o $url->full_path: same as ($uri->abs_path || "/") o $url->netloc: same as $uri->authority o $url->epath, $url->equery: same as $uri->path, $uri->query o $url->path and $url->query pass unescaped strings. o $url->path_components: same as $uri->path_segments (if you don't consider path segment parameters) o $url->params and $url->eparams methods o $url->base method. See URI::WithBase. o $url->abs and $url->rel have an optional $base argument. See URI::WithBase. o $url->frag: same as $uri->fragment o $url->keywords: same as $uri->query_keywords o $url->localpath and friends map to $uri->file. o $url->address and $url->encoded822addr: same as $uri->to for mailto URI o $url->groupart method for news URI o $url->article: same as $uri->message SEE ALSO
URI, URI::WithBase COPYRIGHT
Copyright 1998-2000 Gisle Aas. perl v5.16.2 2012-02-11 URI::URL(3)