Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users History to Another file [local user history , but root access] Post 302551701 by linuxadmin on Wednesday 31st of August 2011 10:22:36 AM
Old 08-31-2011
Thank you psshah..

Is the first link can only used for Solaris. ?

I use CentOS only.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to access all user history file

Team , using fc command we can get details of our history file .. Is it possible to get the same result for different user from root.. Actually I need to collect all the stuff from select users history file for day to day basis. thanks in advance .. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rgpai9972
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

access user history as root

Hi, I need to access a user's command history. However, the dilemma is that he is logged in and so his current history is not yet flushed to .bash_history file which gets flushed when he logs out. Is there a way I can still access his most recent history? thank you, S (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sardare
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to review the history and the commands that has been done in this history?

Hello every body, Kindly inform me How Do i find out the time I executed a command previously on UNIX Solaris?? To be more specific and more clear about what i want to know is that I want a command the enables me to know the history and which command i run at this history/time. FYI I used... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ahmedamer12
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Temporary command history on local machine

Hey guyz, I'm trying to get the command history for my active users sessions on the local machine and i kinda hit a tough wall Is command-line history for my current user saved somewhere else besides $HOME/.bash_history? I have been told that there is some temporary file stored on the local... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mishu_cgm
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

History to Another file [local user history , but root access]

Hi all, My need is : 1. To know who , when , which command used. 2. Local user should not delete this information. I mean , with an example , i can say i have a user user1 i need to give all the following permissions to user1, : a. A specific directory other than his home... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sriky86
1 Replies

6. Red Hat

How to check local accounts have root and user access rights ?

Hi, I have three servers,For 3 servers how i can take output,all the local accounts and details of whether the access is Root or User access. cheers (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ranjithm
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

History of all the users in single file with command , date . time , ip and user

HTML Code archive_history() { HISTORYOLD=${HISTFILE}.archive CURTIME=`date` CURTTY=`tty` IP=$(echo $SSH_CLIENT | awk '{print $1}') if ; then echo "#-${HOSTNAME}-- ${CURBASHDATE} - ${CURTIME} ($CURTTY) ${USER} ${IP}----" >> $HISTORYOLD history... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rehantayyab82
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

History of all the users in single file with command , date . time , ip and user

HTML Code: archive_history() { HISTORYOLD=${HISTFILE}.archive CURTIME=`date` CURTTY=`tty` IP=$(echo $SSH_CLIENT | awk '{print $1}') if ; then echo "#-${HOSTNAME}-- ${CURBASHDATE} - ${CURTIME} ($CURTTY) ${USER} ${IP}----" >> $HISTORYOLD history... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: rehantayyab82
0 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

On korn shell, how to share history between regular user and root?

I'm exploring OpenBSD and want to stick to its default shell, which is ksh. My goal is for my regular user ("bruno") and root user to have a shared history file. However, it seems that when running as root, ksh refuses to write to a HISTFILE that is owned by non-root user. This illustrates the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: DevuanFan
3 Replies

10. What is on Your Mind?

The Great History of UNIX (1969-1999) | 30 Years of UNIX History | YouTube Video

I am pleased to announce this new video in 1080 HD for UNIX lovers honoring thirty years of UNIX history spanning from 1969 to 1999 presented in 150 seconds (two and a half minutes) in 1080 HD, celebrating the 50th anniversary of UNIX. The Great History of UNIX (1969-1999) | 30 Years of UNIX... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
8 Replies
dtc_install_centos(8)					      System Manager's Manual					     dtc_install_centos(8)

NAME
dtc_install_centos - bootstrap a CentOS install to use in a chroot or VM SYNOPSIS
dtc_install_centos <install root> <yum environment> DESCRIPTION
This shell script is part of the dtc-xen package, generally to be used by the dtc panel to install a new a Xen VPS server. This script is called by dtc_reinstall_os when the user chooses to install the CentOS operating system. How it works: it generates a temporary yum configuration in the yum environment directory, that directs yum to act inside the install root instead of in the base system; then it kindly requests yum to install the basesystem, centos-release and yum packages onto it. Yum then uses the configuration to download the required (usually, security-updated) packages and then perform the RPM installation process under the install root. It requires both RPM and yum. It does work under Debian (it was developed in Ubuntu first). It should also work on RPM-based systems without destroying the system-wide RPM and yum configurations. OPTION
<install root> Target directory where CentOS will be deployed. Must exist beforehand. <yum environment> Directory where yum will store the repository manifests and configuration. Will be automatically created. Cached RPMs and manifests will be left, as usual, in a directory var/cache/yum inside the install root. EXAMPLE
dtc_install_centos /root/yum /xen/13 This will setup the operating system in /xen/13, with the CentOS configuration folder in /root/yum. BUGS
It's limited to CentOS 5 at the moment. It must be run as root. Under some circumstances, the installation process itself may kill processes running on the host machine. The chroot yum does should be sufficient to avoid this, but we haven't been able, yet, to ascertain why this fails sometimes. SEE ALSO
dtc_reinstall_os(8) VERSION
This documentation describes dtc_install_os version 0.3.1. See http://www.gplhost.com/software-dtc-xen.html for updates. dtc_install_centos(8)