Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Need help in loop script
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Need help in loop script Post 302551610 by ranjancom2000 on Wednesday 31st of August 2011 05:09:57 AM
Old 08-31-2011
Need help in loop script

Hi,

This is script i am using currently for create SAN device creating. I need to do some change on this script

Code:
#!/bin/ksh
let x=0
let y=0
let count=$1
let size=$2
for dev in `cat /opt/emc/scripts/bin/noport-devs`
do
        if [[ "$dev" > "$start" ]]
        then
        if [ y -eq $count ]
        then
                exit
        fi
        if [ x -eq 0 ]
        then
                head=$dev 
                echo "form meta from dev $dev config=striped stripe_size=1920;"
        else
                echo "add dev $dev to meta $head;"

fi
        let x=x+1
        if [ x -eq $size ]
        then
                let x=0
                let y=y+1
        fi
        fi

done

Curent output for the above script is

Code:
orm meta from dev 05DF config=striped stripe_size=1920;
add dev 05E1 to meta 05DF;
add dev 0657 to meta 05DF;
add dev 066C to meta 05DF;
form meta from dev 066D config=striped stripe_size=1920;
add dev 09F2 to meta 066D;
add dev 09F3 to meta 066D;
add dev 09F4 to meta 066D;
form meta from dev 09F5 config=striped stripe_size=1920;
add dev 09F6 to meta 09F5;
add dev 09F7 to meta 09F5;
add dev 09F8 to meta 09F5;

I need the oupput to append with this echo

echo "map dev $head to dir 0:0 LUN=00;"
echo "map dev $head to dir 0:0 LUN=00;"

Code:
form meta from dev 05DF config=striped stripe_size=1920;
add dev 05E1 to meta 05DF;
add dev 0657 to meta 05DF;
add dev 066C to meta 05DF;
map dev 05DF to dir 0:0 LUN=00;
map dev 05DF to dir 0:0 LUN=00;
form meta from dev 066D config=striped stripe_size=1920;
add dev 09F2 to meta 066D;
add dev 09F3 to meta 066D;
add dev 09F4 to meta 066D;
map dev 066D to dir 0:0 LUN=00;
map dev 066D to dir 0:0 LUN=00;
form meta from dev 09F5 config=striped stripe_size=1920;
add dev 09F6 to meta 09F5;
add dev 09F7 to meta 09F5;
add dev 09F8 to meta 09F5;
map dev 09F5 to dir 0:0 LUN=00;
map dev 09F5 to dir 0:0 LUN=00;

How i can make this work on the above script

Last edited by pludi; 08-31-2011 at 06:54 AM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

not quite sure how to loop this script!

:D can anyone tell me how to make this script continue after the *) I have been reading C and shell scripting and am confused.. I tried to impliment a while (1) and a continue after the *) but I keep getting end of file error..! also there a few different loops that I am not sure which type to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: moxxx68
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

If then else loop in Shell script

Hi Following is the code . When I give input as Bangalore,its dospalying Welcome to Hitech City. But say , if I select Delhi or US, its not displaying the corresponding message. Its still says Welcome to Hitech City. Seems that it not entering in the elif part. Please suggest. #!... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: pankajkrmishra
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

loop in a script

I want to write a shell script which clones a file, example the name of the file to be cloned is "es" and I want its clone have the name "es1", "es2", "es3", and so on. Then another program called service needs the former clone as input, for example service up /home/es1, service up /home/es2... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Puntino
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

While loop in a script

Hi, I have a unix shell script that I use to run the jobs, which internally calls a number of other jobs and outputs a log file. I want to call another shell script in the main script that constantly reads the log file that gets appended and emails the user upon each job completion. for... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: rudoraj
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

a script with a for loop

Hi Gurus I have to write a script which does something like this /usr/local/gpg2/bin/GPG2 -o arch_696354351_1_23.dbf -d arch_696354351_1_23.dbf.gpg /usr/local/gpg2/bin/GPG2 -o arch_696354351_1_24.dbf -d arch_696354351_1_24.dbf.gpg /usr/local/gpg2/bin/GPG2 -o arch_696354351_1_25.dbf... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: appsdba.nitin
8 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to loop use while loop in csh script?

Hi all, i got 2 text file. file.txt value.txt i want use C shell script to write out while both of the file got different limit....how i going to write it in 1 while loop? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: proghack
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Loop Script?

Hello World I need to create a script to verify ports are open from a new jump off node to access over 200 different servers. I did a little research and put together this code: !/bin/sh exec 4<nodes.dat while read sys <& 4 do # PING TEST echo "$sys" ping $sys 1 # Example of... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: paris123
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Use loop in script

Hi All I want to make a script in which i can print prstat command output to a file in regular interval of 1 second I am using below script for the same dat=`date '+%d%m%y'` echo "###########################################################" >>prstat-$dat date >>prstat-$dat prstat 1 1... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: devesh123
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Expect script called in loop from Bash Script

Having issues with an expect script. I've been scripting bash, python, etc... for a couple years now, but just started to try and use Expect. Trying to create a script that takes in some arguments, and then for now, just runs a pwd command(for testing, final will be command I pass). Here is... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: cbo0485
0 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Loop SCript

Hi, I am newer to UNIX scripting. Here is what I am trying to accomplish: I want to log a timestamp and a row count for a spcific file, out to another file. Below is my script. WhenI run it, it says that line 6 is missing a ']' which I don't see how, and then echos File Does Not Exist... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: eanolan
5 Replies
o2image(8)							OCFS2 Manual Pages							o2image(8)

NAME
o2image - Copy or restore OCFS2 file system meta-data SYNOPSIS
o2image [-r] [-I] device image-file DESCRIPTION
o2image copies the OCFS2 file system meta-data from the device to the specified image-file. This image file contains the file system skeleton that includes the inodes, directory names and file names. It does not include any file data. This image file can be useful to debug certain problems that are not reproducible otherwise. Like on-disk corruptions. It could also be used to analyse the file system layout in an aging file system with an eye towards improving performance. As the image-file contains a copy of all the meta-data blocks, it can be a large file. By default, it is created in a packed format, in which all meta-data blocks are written back-to-back. With the -r option, the user could choose to have the file in the raw (or sparse) for- mat, in which the blocks are written to the same offset as they are on the device. debugfs.ocfs2 understands both formats. o2image also has the option, -I, to restore the meta-data from the image file onto the device. This option will rarely be useful to end- users and has been written specifically for developers and testers. OPTIONS
-r Copies the meta-data to the image-file in the raw format. Use this option only if the destination file system supports sparse files. If unsure, do not use this option and let the tool create the image-file in the packed format. -I Restores meta-data from the image-file onto the device. CAUTION: This option could corrupt the file system. -i Interactive mode - before writing out the image file print it's size and ask whether to proceed. This setting only applies when '-I' is not specified. It can be useful when the file system holding the image is low on disk space and the user might need to free up space once the target image size is calculated. EXAMPLES
[root@node1 ~]# o2image /dev/sda1 sda1.out Copies metadata blocks from /dev/sda1 device to sda1.out file [root@node1 ~] o2image -I /dev/sda1 sda1.out Use with CAUTION. Copies meta-data blocks from sda1.out onto the /dev/sda1 device. SEE ALSO
debugfs.ocfs2(8) fsck.ocfs2(8) AUTHORS
Oracle Corporation COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2007, 2010 Oracle. All rights reserved. Version 1.6.4 September 2010 o2image(8)