Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Showing Clock
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Showing Clock Post 302551575 by vino.paal on Wednesday 31st of August 2011 09:07:28 PM
Old 08-31-2011
operating system is UNIX

---------- Post updated at 08:07 PM ---------- Previous update was at 01:17 AM ----------

can someone please help on this.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Clock Trouble

Hey ppl, i was wonddering, in mandrake, how to get the clok to display the time in non-military format....hehe thank you im just tired of looking at 18:00 hehe thank you (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: LolapaloL
2 Replies

2. Programming

clock() function

Hey all, i need a program to get the CPU ticks at certain points of my program. So, i thought about using the clock function, but i'm having a hard time figuring out how it really works. I wrote this simple program to try to understand it but it made me feel more confused: #include <stdio.h>... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: kastrup_carioca
5 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

clock change

Hi We had a AIX box built last year but was set to the correct GMT time, but using DST time zone. In march this year the clocks went forward without issues. (if I remember a couple of weeks early due to the DST zone) This year we decided to change the clock to the correct time zone before... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: markab2
0 Replies

4. Solaris

Bugs with clock()

Hi there!!! Need your help in solving some tricky problems. Since clock() as such is buggy on SUN OS 5 we have started using gettimeofday() in our RTOS applications based on Solaris 9. The problems we actually encountered previously were - the applications kind of freeze/hang eternally on... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: smanu
1 Replies

5. Programming

clock cycle count

Hello everybody! Is there a way to count the clock cycles (that a program took to finish) in C? thanx:o (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: nicos
5 Replies

6. Programming

problem with clock()

#include<iostream> #include<time.h> using namespace std; int main() { system("date"); clock_t start = clock(); int i=9*8; while(i--) { int j=9999999; while(j--); } clock_t end = clock(); double elapsed =... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: johnbach
4 Replies

7. Programming

c/c++ clock like , battery charging

Hi all , I need to make a program who describes this ( upper ) graphic: http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/8/82/Sawtooth-td_and_fd.png My idea is to implement a battery charge x: 0 to time T, y : 0 to 1 values. Can you help me ? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jerold
1 Replies

8. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Clock doesn't tick

This is a strange one, I've never seen anything like it; the realtime clock doesn't tick while the computer's idle, only when you're watching it. Leave for 3 hours and it'll be 3 hours off. It still advances when it's off however, or the time would be far more incorrect than it is. About all... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Corona688
10 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

TCL clock scan

the below shown clock manipulation works well in Linux machine which has TCL 8.5. But when i use the same on the SunOS which has the TCL8.4 , I am getting the error "bad switch "-format": must be -base or -gmt". For some reason, I am not able to upgrade my TCL 8.4 to 8.5 in SunOS. Can... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: prakasuj
0 Replies
set_color(1)							       fish							      set_color(1)

NAME
set_color - set_color - set the terminal color set_color - set the terminal color Synopsis set_color [-v --version] [-h --help] [-b --background COLOR] [COLOR] Description Change the foreground and/or background color of the terminal. COLOR is one of black, red, green, brown, yellow, blue, magenta, purple, cyan, white and normal. o -b, --background Set the background color o -c, --print-colors Prints a list of all valid color names o -h, --help Display help message and exit o -o, --bold Set bold or extra bright mode o -u, --underline Set underlined mode o -v, --version Display version and exit Calling set_color normal will set the terminal color to whatever is the default color of the terminal. Some terminals use the --bold escape sequence to switch to a brighter color set. On such terminals, set_color white will result in a grey font color, while set_color --bold white will result in a white font color. Not all terminal emulators support all these features. This is not a bug in set_color but a missing feature in the terminal emulator. set_color uses the terminfo database to look up how to change terminal colors on whatever terminal is in use. Some systems have old and incomplete terminfo databases, and may lack color information for terminals that support it. Download and install the latest version of ncurses and recompile fish against it in order to fix this issue. Version 1.23.1 Sun Jan 8 2012 set_color(1)