Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Showing Clock
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Showing Clock Post 302551573 by vino.paal on Wednesday 31st of August 2011 02:14:36 AM
Old 08-31-2011
Showing Clock

Is it possible to display the clock (timing) on the screen all the time.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Clock Trouble

Hey ppl, i was wonddering, in mandrake, how to get the clok to display the time in non-military format....hehe thank you im just tired of looking at 18:00 hehe thank you (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: LolapaloL
2 Replies

2. Programming

clock() function

Hey all, i need a program to get the CPU ticks at certain points of my program. So, i thought about using the clock function, but i'm having a hard time figuring out how it really works. I wrote this simple program to try to understand it but it made me feel more confused: #include <stdio.h>... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: kastrup_carioca
5 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

clock change

Hi We had a AIX box built last year but was set to the correct GMT time, but using DST time zone. In march this year the clocks went forward without issues. (if I remember a couple of weeks early due to the DST zone) This year we decided to change the clock to the correct time zone before... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: markab2
0 Replies

4. Solaris

Bugs with clock()

Hi there!!! Need your help in solving some tricky problems. Since clock() as such is buggy on SUN OS 5 we have started using gettimeofday() in our RTOS applications based on Solaris 9. The problems we actually encountered previously were - the applications kind of freeze/hang eternally on... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: smanu
1 Replies

5. Programming

clock cycle count

Hello everybody! Is there a way to count the clock cycles (that a program took to finish) in C? thanx:o (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: nicos
5 Replies

6. Programming

problem with clock()

#include<iostream> #include<time.h> using namespace std; int main() { system("date"); clock_t start = clock(); int i=9*8; while(i--) { int j=9999999; while(j--); } clock_t end = clock(); double elapsed =... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: johnbach
4 Replies

7. Programming

c/c++ clock like , battery charging

Hi all , I need to make a program who describes this ( upper ) graphic: http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/8/82/Sawtooth-td_and_fd.png My idea is to implement a battery charge x: 0 to time T, y : 0 to 1 values. Can you help me ? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jerold
1 Replies

8. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Clock doesn't tick

This is a strange one, I've never seen anything like it; the realtime clock doesn't tick while the computer's idle, only when you're watching it. Leave for 3 hours and it'll be 3 hours off. It still advances when it's off however, or the time would be far more incorrect than it is. About all... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Corona688
10 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

TCL clock scan

the below shown clock manipulation works well in Linux machine which has TCL 8.5. But when i use the same on the SunOS which has the TCL8.4 , I am getting the error "bad switch "-format": must be -base or -gmt". For some reason, I am not able to upgrade my TCL 8.4 to 8.5 in SunOS. Can... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: prakasuj
0 Replies
sax2(1) 							Utils for X-Window							   sax2(1)

NAME
xquery - query the X-Server for a various set of information SYNOPSIS
xquery [ options ] DESCRIPTION
xquery is used to obtain/set special information from/to the X-Server like new modeline timings to change size and position of the picture or check for active number of screens... see the options chapter to get an overview of what xquery can do COMMAND LINE OPTIONS
Available command line options are the following: -s Get number of available screens. -a "screen timing" Apply new modeline timing to the X-Server which may change the current geometry of the picture. The option -a takes only one parame- ter which is a string containing the screen and timing information. Every value of the parameter is seperated by a single space, screen define which screen should be used to apply the new timing and timing specify the new timing values. Timing parameters are the following: 1. Horizontal display value 2. Number of horizontal ticks before vsync-start 3. Number of horizontal ticks until vsync-end 4. Total number of horizontal ticks 5. Vertical display value 6. Number of vertical ticks before vsync-start 7. Number of vertical ticks until vsync-end 8. Total number of vertical ticks -m Obtain currently used modelines for all screens -r Obtain currently used resolutions for all screens -y Obtain sync ranges from the active configuration for all screens -n screen Switch to next mode of the given screen, according to Modes configuration parameter which is located within the screen section of the /etc/X11/xorg.conf -p screen Same as option -n except switching to the previous mode. -d display Set basic display to use. Specify only the major display number without any screen information because the number of screens are acounted from xquery itself. -c Get current color depths for all screens. -f Get current used frequencies for all screens. -M Get middle point coordinates of all screens. -S Get screen number of the screen the mouse is currently over. -R "screen text" Show XFT rendered string on a specific screen. NOTE
xquery take care about Xinerama sessions. This means even if you have only one big screen, xquery will know about the single screens build- ing this big screen. Unfortunately there are Xinerama or similar extensions built into binary drivers like nvidia which are not handled correctly via xquery. AUTHORS
Written by Marcus Schafer REPORTING BUGS
Report bugs to <bugzilla.novell.com>. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2005 SuSE Linux Products GmbH, Inc. This is free software; see the source for copying conditions. There is NO warranty; not even for MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. 3rd Berkeley Distribution March 15, 2005 sax2(1)