Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX How to make a copy of a tape to another tape? Post 302551552 by fastlane3000 on Tuesday 30th of August 2011 09:48:04 PM
Old 08-30-2011
thx guy for the answers, i didn't want to make a restore test but i think i have no choice

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. HP-UX

Creating A Make Recovery Tape

A customer called me and stated that when they created a make recovery tape for their hp-ux 9000/770, it wiped out three of their volume groups from the lvmtab, fstab, /dev directory(all associated files). I didn't believe them until I conducted a tech assist. I restored their system by recreating... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: spawarrior
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

make recovery tape for solaris

Hello All I am need of amke recover tape for solaris.Could anybody tell me how do i create a make recovery tape for solaris.I am on sun-solaris 2.8 regards Hrishy (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: xiamin
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

copy to tape notworking

I am copying a file to tape but it keeps failing, can any body help? I tried the tar,cp, mv commands and not seems to be working #!/bin/ksh # # Return Codes # 0 - success # 1 - failure # # # dat=`date +%y%m%d` cp /u07/work/theo_test.log /dev/rmt0/exp_dump.${dat}.$$ if (( ${?}... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ted
1 Replies

4. Solaris

copy tape to tape using dd

I have two tape drives attached to my system , and i am trying to copy one tape to another using both tape drives and using the following command : dd if=/dev/rmt/1 of=/dev/rmt/2 but unfortunitly i am getting the following error : read: Not enough space 0+0 records in 0+0 records... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: itsgeorge
2 Replies

5. Solaris

Copy tape ?????????????

how i can copy entire content of a tape to HD ? the tape content a tar file i want to copy it onto hard disk and after do the untar ... The block size of the tar file is 1024 ..... wich command i must type ??? thank in advance ........ The operating system is sun .... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tt155
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Space free on tape /delete a single file on tape

Hi, I' using a sun solaris server, I would like to known if there is the possibility to control how many space is free on a tape and how I can delete a single file on a tape. Thanks DOMENICO (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Minguccio75
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Mounting DLT tape and to backup file to tape

Hi there: I'm new here Can anyone help me: I have DS15 Alpha server : Unix 5.1B Now i need to connect a DLVT VS80 1U Rackmount Tape Drive unit. What is the exact comman to mount the DLTape IV?? How do i make backuo @ copy file to the tape? Thanx to all (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ayzeayem
0 Replies

8. AIX

How to copy a tape into another tape ?

I am new to AIX. I want to make a duplicate tape. How can I do that ? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Anonno
1 Replies

9. SCO

Tape Status shows 2 Hard errors and 5 Underruns on new tape

when I do a tape status /dev/rStp0 I get the following on a new tape and I have tried several: Status : ready beginning-of-tape soft errors : 0 hard errors: 2 underruns: 5 My BackupEdge has stopped backing up my system because it asks for a new volume yet my total system data is under 20... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: psytropic
5 Replies

10. AIX

Ejecting tape on AIX & Some Tape commands

I am trying to use this command to eject the tape mt -f /dev/rmt/0 unload but it gives me error mt -f /dev/rmt/0 unload mt: 0511-575 unload is not a recognized subcommand. Usage: mt Subcommand Valid subcommands are: weof eof fsf bsf ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: filosophizer
5 Replies
IPTABLES-RESTORE(8)						  iptables 1.4.21					       IPTABLES-RESTORE(8)

NAME
iptables-restore -- Restore IP Tables ip6tables-restore -- Restore IPv6 Tables SYNOPSIS
iptables-restore [-chntv] [-M modprobe] ip6tables-restore [-chntv] [-M modprobe] [-T name] DESCRIPTION
iptables-restore and ip6tables-restore are used to restore IP and IPv6 Tables from data specified on STDIN. Use I/O redirection provided by your shell to read from a file -c, --counters restore the values of all packet and byte counters -h, --help Print a short option summary. -n, --noflush don't flush the previous contents of the table. If not specified, both commands flush (delete) all previous contents of the respec- tive table. -t, --test Only parse and construct the ruleset, but do not commit it. -v, --verbose Print additional debug info during ruleset processing. -M, --modprobe modprobe_program Specify the path to the modprobe program. By default, iptables-restore will inspect /proc/sys/kernel/modprobe to determine the exe- cutable's path. -T, --table name Restore only the named table even if the input stream contains other ones. BUGS
None known as of iptables-1.2.1 release AUTHORS
Harald Welte <laforge@gnumonks.org> wrote iptables-restore based on code from Rusty Russell. Andras Kis-Szabo <kisza@sch.bme.hu> contributed ip6tables-restore. SEE ALSO
iptables-save(8), iptables(8) The iptables-HOWTO, which details more iptables usage, the NAT-HOWTO, which details NAT, and the netfilter-hacking-HOWTO which details the internals. iptables 1.4.21 IPTABLES-RESTORE(8)