Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting why do we need UNIX shell script to load data into Oracle database Post 302551527 by Corona688 on Tuesday 30th of August 2011 06:17:54 PM
Old 08-30-2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by new_prog
Thanks Jim for your quick reply. I want to use a shell script but don't know how to write it.But can you please explain me why do we need UNIX shell script
Something has to tell the utility what data to load, it's not psychic. If you don't want to tell it what data by hand, you write a script that tells it.
This User Gave Thanks to Corona688 For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

unix script to export data from csv file to oracle database

Hello people, Need favour. The problem I have is that, I need to develop a unix shell script that performs recurring exports of data from a csv file to an oracle database. Basically, the csv file contains just the first name and last name will be dumped to an Unix server. The data from these... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vinayagan
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Script to Load data into the database using a .csv file and .ctl file

Since i'm new to scripting i'm findind it difficult to code a script. The script has to be an executable with 2 paramters passed to it.The Parameters are 1. The Control file name(.ctl file) 2. The Data file name(.csv file) Does anybody have an idea about it? :confused: (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Csmani
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need Shell Script to upload data from Text file to Oracle database

Hi Does any one have any idea on uploading the data using Unix Shell script from text file to Oracle database. Requirement:- 1. Need to connect to Oracle database from Unix Shell script. 2. Need to pick Text file from some location on Unix Box. 3. Need to upload the data from text file to... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: chandrashekharj
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need shell script to extract data from oracle database

shell script (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: frns5
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Connecting to oracle database from shell script

Hi all, I am satyakiran , i am new to the forum. i never done shell scripts for connecting to the data base (oracle) and fetching the data from the database( thru sql select statements ) i want to know 1. how to connect to the data base(oracle) using shell script 2. how to retrieve data... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: satyakiran
8 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to fetch data from oracle in unix shell script

Hi, How to fetch data from oracle database in unix shell scripting. list=`sqlplus -s ds_user/dsuser@EMI <<EOF set feedback off set serveroutput on set heading off set pagesize 0 set tab off select IP_ID from table / exit EOF` The output is not what i expected.I need output in... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Anusha_Reddy
4 Replies

7. UNIX and Linux Applications

Really simple shell script to create oracle database

Hello , I am new in this forum and need your help as I am totally confused :confused: I read a lot of threads and tried to search a lot but did not get the exact answer to my question. I just want a simple (content wise may be long) shell script to create oracle database. In detail:... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: rahoolm
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Script to connect to the oracle database

Hi Unix Gurus, I have a requirement to write a script, Oracle DB gets referesh every 6hrs, hence we need write a script to connect to the database , if it connects it should generate a file to proceed the next job application or when an error when connectiong to DB it should not generate any... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: bshivali
8 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to connect to Oracle database using shell script?

Hi All, I am newbie to unix shell scripting. I want to connect to oracle database using shell script. I know how to connect DB using user name and password but my question is if my password is having '@' sign then how to connect. I have tried like below, cnt=`sqlplus -s /nolog << EOFSQL ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pmotewar
3 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to fix connection to Oracle database through shell script?

I have a question regarding how to connect to Oracle Database through shell script. 1. If I want call a stored procedure on Linux server as this, it works. $sqlplus /nolog SQL*Plus: Release 12.1.0.2.0 Production on Fri Jun 12 14:49:49 2015 Copyright (c) 1982, 2014, Oracle. All rights... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: duke0001
2 Replies
MYSQL_TZINFO_TO_S(1)					       MySQL Database System					      MYSQL_TZINFO_TO_S(1)

NAME
mysql_tzinfo_to_sql - load the time zone tables SYNOPSIS
mysql_tzinfo_to_sql arguments DESCRIPTION
The mysql_tzinfo_to_sql program loads the time zone tables in the mysql database. It is used on systems that have a zoneinfo database (the set of files describing time zones). Examples of such systems are Linux, FreeBSD, Solaris, and Mac OS X. One likely location for these files is the /usr/share/zoneinfo directory (/usr/share/lib/zoneinfo on Solaris). If your system does not have a zoneinfo database, you can use the downloadable package described in Section 10.6, "MySQL Server Time Zone Support". mysql_tzinfo_to_sql can be invoked several ways: shell> mysql_tzinfo_to_sql tz_dir shell> mysql_tzinfo_to_sql tz_file tz_name shell> mysql_tzinfo_to_sql --leap tz_file For the first invocation syntax, pass the zoneinfo directory path name to mysql_tzinfo_to_sql and send the output into the mysql program. For example: shell> mysql_tzinfo_to_sql /usr/share/zoneinfo | mysql -u root mysql mysql_tzinfo_to_sql reads your system's time zone files and generates SQL statements from them. mysql processes those statements to load the time zone tables. The second syntax causes mysql_tzinfo_to_sql to load a single time zone file tz_file that corresponds to a time zone name tz_name: shell> mysql_tzinfo_to_sql tz_file tz_name | mysql -u root mysql If your time zone needs to account for leap seconds, invoke mysql_tzinfo_to_sql using the third syntax, which initializes the leap second information. tz_file is the name of your time zone file: shell> mysql_tzinfo_to_sql --leap tz_file | mysql -u root mysql After running mysql_tzinfo_to_sql, it is best to restart the server so that it does not continue to use any previously cached time zone data. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 1997, 2014, Oracle and/or its affiliates. All rights reserved. This documentation is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it only under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation; version 2 of the License. This documentation is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU General Public License for more details. You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License along with the program; if not, write to the Free Software Foundation, Inc., 51 Franklin Street, Fifth Floor, Boston, MA 02110-1301 USA or see http://www.gnu.org/licenses/. SEE ALSO
For more information, please refer to the MySQL Reference Manual, which may already be installed locally and which is also available online at http://dev.mysql.com/doc/. AUTHOR
Oracle Corporation (http://dev.mysql.com/). MySQL 5.5 01/30/2014 MYSQL_TZINFO_TO_S(1)