Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Convert UFS (root) to VxFS
Operating Systems Solaris Convert UFS (root) to VxFS Post 302551493 by jlouki01 on Tuesday 30th of August 2011 03:00:20 PM
Old 08-30-2011
You cannot have a root filesystem as vxfs. UFS or ZFS only.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Procedure to convert UFS to VXFS

Hello ! :confused: Does anyone knows anything about procedure to convert Solaris UFS filesystem to VxFS. Thx, Witt (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: witt
1 Replies

2. SCO

VxFS filesystem

Hello, Am basically working on VxFS filesystem and while tracking the file, I got stuck at one point. As I am able to locate the superblock(it is at offset 1024 from the start of partition). And from superblock I got the sector no. of "OLT extent". By jumping to the sector no where OLT... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ghimanshu
1 Replies

3. Solaris

Want to expand Solaris 10_x86 root UFS partition

OS: Solaris 10_x86. Problem: Server needs to be patched, but root "/" is near full. /dev/dsk/c1t1d0s0 4.2G 3.9G 284M 94% / The /exports/home dir has a lot more space, and I'd like to either move root "/" to it, or delete it all together: /dev/dsk/c1t1d0s7 12G ... (20 Replies)
Discussion started by: b1f30
20 Replies

4. Solaris

vxfs free space?

Hi, How do I determine the free space below? # vxdg -g msb_db_dg free DISK DEVICE TAG OFFSET LENGTH FLAGS msb_db_dg01 sdb sdb 312475648 316571392 n Thanks! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: itik
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Veritas VxVM & Vxfs to SVM and UFS

Hi, I have 2 hosts with Veritas VxVM and VxFS (5.0 MP3_RP2). I need to use the application filesystem's luns from these 2 hosts and mount it on another 2 hosts that are running Solaris 9 09/05 and SVM. Is there resources online or has someone tried this? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: xor
0 Replies

6. Solaris

Veritas VxVM & Vxfs to SVM and UFS

Hi, I have 2 hosts with Veritas VxVM and VxFS (5.0 MP3_RP2). I need to use the application filesystem's luns from these 2 hosts and mount it on another 2 hosts that are running Solaris 9 09/05 and SVM. Is there resources online or has someone tried this? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: xor
4 Replies

7. Solaris

Convert root UFS to ZFS on x86 solaris 10/09

Hello All, Good Morning, We are trying to convert the UFS root in to ZFS. Am getting below error. Any one help me out on this ? bash-3.00# zpool list NAME SIZE USED AVAIL CAP HEALTH ALTROOT guru 5.95G 483M 5.48G 7% ONLINE - bash-3.00# zpool create rpool c2t10d0p0... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: gowthamakanthan
4 Replies

8. Solaris

Confusion in vxfs & ufs

Hi All, I have rootdg encapsulated within Veritas Volume Manager. /# vxprint -vg rootdg TY NAME ASSOC KSTATE LENGTH PLOFFS STATE TUTIL0 PUTIL0 v rootvol root ENABLED 24585216 - ACTIVE - - v swapvol swap ENABLED 20484288 -... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: solaris_1977
3 Replies

9. Solaris

Migration of system having UFS root FS with zones root to ZFS root FS

Hi All After downloading ZFS documentation from oracle site, I am able to successfully migrate UFS root FS without zones to ZFS root FS. But in case of UFS root file system with zones , I am successfully able to migrate global zone to zfs root file system but zone are still in UFS root file... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sb200
2 Replies

10. Solaris

How to increase the /var (UFS) filesystem and root disk under veritas control?

I need to increase the /var (UFS) filesystem and root disk under veritas control or root disk is encapsulated # df -k /var Filesystem kbytes used avail capacity Mounted on /dev/vx/dsk/var 13241195 12475897 674524 96% /var # fstyp /dev/vx/dsk/var ufs # pkginfo... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: amity
1 Replies
dcfs(7FS)							   File Systems 							 dcfs(7FS)

NAME
dcfs - Compression file system SYNOPSIS
#include <sys/filio.h> #include <sys/fs/decomp.h> DESCRIPTION
The dcfs filesystem is a layered filesystem that you use to compress data when writing to a file and decompress upon read. The primary function of the dcfs filesystem is to compress individual files when constructing a boot archive and when reading or booting from the ar- chive. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------------------------------------+ |ATTRIBUTE TYPE ATTRIBUTE VALUE | |Interface Stability Uncommitted | +-----------------------------------------------------------+ SEE ALSO
boot(1M), bootadm(1M), fiocompress(1M), attributes(5), ufs(7FS) NOTES
The dcfs compression/decompression file system works only with UFS. SunOS 5.11 28 Nov 2007 dcfs(7FS)