Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Solaris 11 Express - cannot reboot remotely Post 302551473 by RychnD on Tuesday 30th of August 2011 01:23:52 PM
Old 08-30-2011
Thanks for your reply bartus11.

In fact the

Code:
syncing file systems... done
rebooting...

messages were not sent through SSH - they were printed on a local terminal. And that's where the reboot process stops when initiated remotely (but at the same time, local reboot works fine).

I could have observed this because I currently have the machine at home and am just testing remote restarts.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Installing PHP on Solaris (Express) Error

Hi PHP 5 can't seem to find cc compiler even though it's there (note, i'm installing in a zone,& am root) Any Ideas ? $ pwd /tmp/php-5.2.6 $ ./configure loading cache ./config.cache checking for Cygwin environment... no checking for mingw32 environment... no checking for egrep... egrep... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: stevie_velvet
4 Replies

2. Solaris

ipfilter solaris express

Hello, | am trying to setup ipfilter on solaris express snv_91 but I don't seem to have the following file available. /etc/ipf/pfil.ap Is this an older way of configuring the interface?, I have all the packages installed. Thanks, (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Actuator
1 Replies

3. Solaris

Solaris Express or OpenIndiana

Simply question which should I use. correct me if I'm wrong but Solaris Express is taking the place of Opensolaris and is officially sanctioned by Oracle and OpenIndiana is what used to be OpenSolaris. If I opt for OpenIndiana is it going to follow the official Oracle Solaris releases or are... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: michael78
3 Replies

4. Solaris

Solaris 11 Express NAT performance issues

Hi all, I decided to replace my linux router/firewall with Solaris 11 express. This is a pppoe connection directly to my server...no router boxes. I got everything setup, but the performance is terrible on the NAT....really slow. A web page that loads on the server instantly will take... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vectox
3 Replies

5. Solaris

OpenSolaris, Solaris, Solaris Express - differences

What are the differences between these systems? I have to use Oracle's product but I do not know who to choose (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: PtaQ
3 Replies

6. Solaris

In doubt to install Solaris 11 Express

Hi guys. I'm in doubt to install Solaris 11 Express or to install Solaris 10. I tried it a few months ago and that was totally disaster because Solaris 11 was slow as my granny :wall: My PC from my perspective has more than enough HW power to run Solaris 11. OS Name: ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: solaris_user
3 Replies

7. Solaris

Can't change root password in solaris express 11

How do I change root password in SolarisExpress 11? I used passwd while elevated to root and all it changes is the password of the user I am logged in, not te root password. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: taltamir
2 Replies

8. Solaris

Solaris 11 Express - freezes on startup!

I seem to be having a very irritating problem with my Solaris 11 Express fileserver which I built for my small home business. The basic problem is that the system will hang or freeze about 20 seconds into booting up. Grub comes up fine, and I can select between pre-napp-it and current build. It... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: Smokin Whale
13 Replies
HALT(8) 							       halt								   HALT(8)

NAME
halt, poweroff, reboot - Halt, power-off or reboot the machine SYNOPSIS
halt [OPTIONS...] poweroff [OPTIONS...] reboot [OPTIONS...] DESCRIPTION
halt, poweroff, reboot may be used to halt, power-off or reboot the machine. OPTIONS
The following options are understood: --help Prints a short help text and exits. --halt Halt the machine, regardless of which one of the three commands is invoked. -p, --poweroff Power-off the machine, regardless of which one of the three commands is invoked. --reboot Reboot the machine, regardless of which one of the three commands is invoked. -f, --force Force immediate halt, power-off, reboot. Do not contact the init system. -w, --wtmp-only Only write wtmp shutdown entry, do not actually halt, power-off, reboot. -d, --no-wtmp Do not write wtmp shutdown entry. --no-wall Do not send wall message before halt, power-off, reboot. EXIT STATUS
On success, 0 is returned, a non-zero failure code otherwise. NOTES
These are legacy commands available for compatibility only. SEE ALSO
systemd(1), systemctl(1), shutdown(8), wall(1) systemd 208 HALT(8)