Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris How to enable Serial port on ILOM, when Network Port is enabled in parallel Post 302551426 by DukeNuke2 on Tuesday 30th of August 2011 10:29:37 AM
Old 08-30-2011
the serial port on the server is enabled by default. maybe your terminal server settings are wrong or you are using a wrong cable.
This User Gave Thanks to DukeNuke2 For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

Parallel Port info?

is there a command so that i can se info about the parallel port, if there isn't a specific command for that is there a command so i can se info about the system and all ports and devices? Thanx /Nick (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sajjan2
2 Replies

2. Solaris

Serial Port Datalogger

Hi, I'm using Solaris workstation with 5.4 OS. I was wondering if there's a way that I could log the data incoming and outgoing on a certain serial port. Thanks in Advance! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: uryuu
1 Replies

3. Red Hat

Serial Port/Com Port

System: Red Hat Enterprise Linux WS release 4 (Nahant Update 6) Any idea how to Determine if a Serial Port in Linux System is defective? Issued "cat /proc/tty/driver/serial". see below. ~# cat /proc/tty/driver/serial serinfo:1.0 driver revision: 0: uart:16550A port:000003F8 irq:4 tx:11... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: etcpasswd
0 Replies

4. Fedora

Sending a byte to the parallel port

Greetings, A sort of newbie question... I would like to control a couple of stepper motors via the parallel port using C code. I have discovered in Linux, the ioperm() function is required before the outportb() function can be used to send a byte to the parallel port. My problem is ioperm()... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: meyerga00
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help with serial port

Hi, I have a external board connected to my serial port. I need to execute "shutdown -r now" command when system boot up. When system boots up it requires a username ans password. Then I need to run my command. I can use rc script but that is rebooting system before it asks for username and... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: charlie.arya
0 Replies

6. Solaris

How to enable hba port of a two port hba card

Hi, i have a two port hba card in solaris 10 system one of which is disabled. How to enable and configure the other port. ---------- Post updated at 08:17 AM ---------- Previous update was at 03:40 AM ---------- please help :( (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: rishiraaz
7 Replies

7. HP-UX

Enable ftp port

Hi Experts, Need your help in enabling the ftp port in HP-UX box. Is there any command/config file that needs to be changed? Also is it possible to open it only for few selected IPs only? (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: sai_2507
9 Replies

8. Programming

Read from serial port

Hi I try to communicate with a GSM modem, from C, for sending SMS. I use standart AT-commands. Working well with terminal. There is no problem writing ti the port. But when I try to read I only get a echo, I write "ATI" and get "ATI" back, I should get somthing like "SIEMENS 35... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: dmiller
4 Replies

9. Solaris

Cabling and adapters to communicate to service processor serial port from Windows PC with USB port.

Hello, I have an unloaded T5140 machine and want to access the ILOM for the first time and subsequently the network port after that., and then load Solaris 10 the final January 2011 build. The first part is what confuses me -the cabling. I am coming from a Windows machine (w/appropriate... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: joboy
5 Replies

10. Solaris

How to find port number wwn of particular port on dual port HBA,?

please find the below o/p for your reference bash-3.00# fcinfo hba-port HBA Port WWN: 21000024ff295a34 OS Device Name: /dev/cfg/c2 Manufacturer: QLogic Corp. Model: 375-3356-02 Firmware Version: 05.03.02 FCode/BIOS Version: BIOS: 2.02; fcode: 2.01;... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sb200
3 Replies
NETXML-UPS(8)							    NUT Manual							     NETXML-UPS(8)

NAME
netxml-ups - Driver for Eaton / MGE Network Management Card / Proxy (XML/HTTP Protocol) equipment NOTE
This man page only documents the hardware-specific features of the netxml-ups driver. For information about the core driver, see nutupsdrv(8). SUPPORTED HARDWARE
netxml-ups support all recent Eaton / MGE models which use a Network Management Card or Proxy (MGE XML/HTTP protocol based). This applies to both Eaton (previously MGE Office Protection Systems) and to MGE UPS SYSTEMS. Supported card and proxy models are: o NMC Minislot (Ref 66102, firmware EA or newer), o SNMP/Web Minislot card (Ref 66244) o NMC Transverse (Ref 66074), o NMC & Modbus/JBus (Ref 66103), o Network Management Proxy, o ePDU Monitored (newer version). Older models, such as SNMP card (Ref 66062 and Ref 66045), use the SNMP protocol and should use the snmp-ups(8) driver with the "mibs=mge" parameter. EXTRA ARGUMENTS
This driver supports the following optional settings in the ups.conf(5): timeout=value The timeout for connecting to and reading from the UPS. Defaults to 5 seconds. Don't change this value unless you know exactly what you're doing. This value must never be higher than half the MAXAGE value specified in upsd.conf(5), otherwise you run the risk that upsd(8) declares the driver stale while it is waiting for a connection to timeout. login=value Set the login value for authenticated mode. This feature also needs the password argument, and allows value settings in the card. This feature is not used yet. password=value Set the password value, needed with the login for authenticated mode. This feature is not used yet. IMPLEMENTATION
The hostname of the UPS is specified with the "port" value in ups.conf, i.e.: [mgexml] driver = netxml-ups port = http://netxml-ups.example.com:80 Specifying the method to connect to the UPS (http, https) is mandatory. If the port is equal to the default for the method specified (80 for http, 443 for https) it may be omitted. In order not to overload older NMCs by polling them too frequently, it is recommended to increase the "pollinterval" (see nutupsdrv(8)) and ups.conf(5)) to at least 5 seconds. KNOWN ISSUES
Don't connect to the UPS through a proxy. Although it would be trivial to add support for proxies, this is not recommended and don't ask for it. Not only because it will prevent the driver to make a persistent connection to the UPS, but also it adds an additional failure mode. If the proxy goes down (for whatever reason), the driver will no longer be able to reach the UPS. AUTHORS
Arjen de Korte <adkorte-guest@alioth.debian.org> SEE ALSO
The core driver: nutupsdrv(8) Internet resources: The NUT (Network UPS Tools) home page: http://www.networkupstools.org/ Network UPS Tools 05/21/2012 NETXML-UPS(8)