Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Usage of #!/bin/ksh
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Usage of #!/bin/ksh Post 302551409 by yazu on Tuesday 30th of August 2011 09:37:13 AM
Old 08-30-2011
This User Gave Thanks to yazu For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

#!/bin/ksh

Hi. What does this command do in the shell script? #!/bin/ksh I have some scripts which do not run if this line is removed. First I thought it is comment but I think it sets up korn as shell. Sanjay (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sanjay_g
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

#!/bin/ksh

Hi, I wrote scripting to perform some jobs. (eg, run_job) Everything works ok when i tested it on my side. I execute the run_job manually and it works perfectly ok. When my administrator try to run it using a scheduler job. He encountered problem of running it. He said it might be due to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: maldini
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

#!/bin/ksh -e

Can you please tell me what the command "#!/bin/ksh -e" means? I tried running a ksh script with "#!/bin/ksh -e" as starting line, and with "#!/bin/ksh" as starting line - they behave differently.. Thanks! Ramya (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ramsi_ece
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

#!/bin/sh and #!/bin/ksh

Hi All, I have a shell (#!/bin/sh) with below piece of code: if ! then echo Staging table ABC_INT_TAB is not present in the schema >> $OUTPUT fi Shell is throwning below error and continue to work even after this error... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bhush782003
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

/bin/sh and /bin/ksh problem

we have a shell script that we are using in KSH if ]; then _IFS=$IFS IFS=: and it's failing on /bin/sh . Is there a simple way to modify it to work on both . ( not with awk) Thanks in adv (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: talashil
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

fuser: difference with bin/sh and bin/ksh shell script

Hi, I have a problem I don't understand with fuser. I launch a simple shell script mysleep.sh: I launch the command fuser -fu mysleep.sh but fuser doesn't return anything excepted: mysleep: Then I modify my script switching from #!/bin/sh to #!/bin/ksh I launch the command fuser -fu... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Peuj
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

meaning of #!/bin/ksh -p

:b:HI Friends, Can you help me understand -p option with /usr/bin/ksh shell interpreter ? Thanks, Panditt (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: deshaipet
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Memory usage per user,percent usage,sytem time in ksh

Let's say i have 20 users logged on Server. How can I know how much memory percent used each of them is using with system time in each user? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: roy1912
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

/usr/bin/ksh -E

I saw one script using the first line as below /usr/bin/ksh -E I have used -x for debug but couldn't find what is this -E option for ? Pls let me know what is this -E used for Thanks RL (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: reldb
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Usage of #!/bin/sh vs #!/bin/bash shell scripts?

Some question about the usage of shell scripts: 1.) Are the commands of the base shell scripts a subset of bash commands? 2.) Assume I got a long, long script WITHOUT the first line. How can I find out if the script was originally designed für "sh" or "bash"? 3.) How can I check a given... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pstein
3 Replies
let(1)                                                             User Commands                                                            let(1)

NAME
let - shell built-in function to evaluate one or more arithmetic expressions SYNOPSIS
ksh let arg... DESCRIPTION
ksh Each arg is a separate "arithmetic expression" to be evaluated. EXIT STATUS
The following exit values are returned: 0 The value of the last expression is non-zero. 1 The value of the last expression is zero. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcsu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
ksh(1), set(1), typeset(1), attributes(5) SunOS 5.10 15 Apr 1994 let(1)