Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Modify or react on "cd" command Post 302551334 by sulti on Tuesday 30th of August 2011 05:42:16 AM
Old 08-30-2011
You don't need this Smilie
I guess Your goal is to have refreshed values of $(pwd) and $(hostname) in putty's title?
You can set variable PS1 to execute command every time prompt is being written.
In Your zshrc add
Code:
PS1=$PS1"\$(/path/to/script)"

or if You have defined function wt() before that it could look:
Code:
PS1=$PS1"\$(wt)"

So - every time You change path, or execute command, function wt() will be run.

This surely works for bash, I think it will work for zsh also...

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Command similar to "touch" for modify File size

Hi All, I'm trying to find a command like similar to "touch" which would let me change the file size property. For ex: I have a file of size 1MB using the command i would like to set/update the size something like 1KB. Is it possible? Is there any such command which would accomplish this... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sriharshareddyk
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Command Character size limit in the "sh" and "bourne" shell

Hi!!.. I would like to know what is maximum character size for a command in the "sh" or "bourne" shell? Thanks in advance.. Roshan. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Roshan1286
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Hi!!.. I would like to know what is maximum character size for a command in the "sh" or "bourne" shell? Thanks in advance.. Roshan. (1 Reply)
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Modify print of command "ls -l -R"

Hi to all, Some help please, I want to modify using awk the print showed by command "ls -l -R" from: /home/user1/Mydocs/Year/2010/July/Experiments: total 1608 -rw-r--r-- 1 user1 user1 1431 Feb 2 22:45 Experiments1.TAR -rw-r--r-- 1 user1 user1 923 Feb 2 22:45 Tests_Exp1.TXT... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: cgkmal
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk command to replace ";" with "|" and ""|" at diferent places in line of file

Hi, I have line in input file as below: 3G_CENTRAL;INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL;SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL My expected output for line in the file must be : "1-Radon1-cMOC_deg"|"LDIndex"|"3G_CENTRAL|INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL"|LAST|"SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL" Can someone... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: shis100
7 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unix "look" Command "File too large" Error Message

I am trying to find lines in a text file larger than 3 Gb that start with a given string. My command looks like this: $ look "string" "/home/patrick/filename.txt" However, this gives me the following message: "look: /home/patrick/filename.txt: File too large" So, I have two... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: shishong
14 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help -- Modify awk command to handle "," delimiter

Currently I am using this command to split a CSV file based on the distinct values in the 16th (position) column. awk -F, 'NR==1 { hdr=$0; next } $16 != prev { prev=name=$16; gsub(/_]/,"",name); $0 = hdr "\n" $0 } { print > ("/Directory/File."name".Download.csv") }'... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: lojkyelo
3 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Using "mailx" command to read "to" and "cc" email addreses from input file

How to use "mailx" command to do e-mail reading the input file containing email address, where column 1 has name and column 2 containing “To” e-mail address and column 3 contains “cc” e-mail address to include with same email. Sample input file, email.txt Below is an sample code where... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: asjaiswal
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash script - Print an ascii file using specific font "Latin Modern Mono 12" "regular" "9"

Hello. System : opensuse leap 42.3 I have a bash script that build a text file. I would like the last command doing : print_cmd -o page-left=43 -o page-right=22 -o page-top=28 -o page-bottom=43 -o font=LatinModernMono12:regular:9 some_file.txt where : print_cmd ::= some printing... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jcdole
1 Replies
shells(4)							   File Formats 							 shells(4)

NAME
shells - shell database SYNOPSIS
/etc/shells DESCRIPTION
The shells file contains a list of the shells on the system. Applications use this file to determine whether a shell is valid. See getuser- shell(3C). For each shell a single line should be present, consisting of the shell's path, relative to root. A hash mark (#) indicates the beginning of a comment; subsequent characters up to the end of the line are not interpreted by the routines which search the file. Blank lines are also ignored. The following default shells are used by utilities: /bin/bash, /bin/csh, /bin/jsh, /bin/ksh, /bin/pfcsh, /bin/pfksh, /bin/pfsh, /bin/sh, /bin/tcsh, /bin/zsh, /sbin/jsh, /sbin/sh, /usr/bin/bash, /usr/bin/csh, /usr/bin/jsh, /usr/bin/ksh, /usr/bin/pfcsh, /usr/bin/pfksh, /usr/bin/pfsh, and /usr/bin/sh, /usr/bin/tcsh, /usr/bin/zsh. Note that /etc/shells overrides the default list. Invalid shells in /etc/shells may cause unexpected behavior (such as being unable to log in by way of ftp(1)). FILES
/etc/shells lists shells on system SEE ALSO
vipw(1B), ftpd(1M), sendmail(1M), getusershell(3C), aliases(4) SunOS 5.10 4 Jun 2001 shells(4)