Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Unable to open Crontab
Operating Systems Solaris Unable to open Crontab Post 302551325 by solaris_user on Tuesday 30th of August 2011 05:05:41 AM
Old 08-30-2011
Look at Solaris Advanced Administration to see how schedule cron tasks and crontab man page.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

Unable to open thread

I am unable to open the mimesender thread. I get the following message when clicking on https://www.unix.com/showthread.php?p=33233#post33233 : (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dangral
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

xhost: unable to open display????

I am a dba, not an sa, that recently had to take over administering an HP-UX server. Needless to say I am not in a comfortable area, but found out that of all people I am the most knowledgeable on unix here .... scary thought I know. I am having troubles exporting my display to a Windows XP... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: soestx
5 Replies

3. Solaris

Unable to update the Crontab

Hi Everyone, Each time I do update the crontab, it gets reset after exiting from the telnet session. I'm using Solaris 2.8 So it goes like this: Step 1: Login as root, from a telnet session Step 2: Crontab -e (I make modification) Step 3: Save and exit Step 4: Type crontab -l , changes... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jeremy3
4 Replies

4. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

Unable to open uploaded image

Hi, I am unable to view/open the image I uploded in one of the forums. https://www.unix.com/showthread.php?t=37793&page=2&pp=20 Please help. enc. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: encrypted
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unable to open .sql file

Hi , I am running Oracle 8.1.7 on HP-UX B.11.00. Recently I have upgraded Oracle from 8.0.6. to 8.1.7. Almost all the shell script has the Sqlplus as sqlplus -s @/apps/prod/sql/xxxx.sql > /apps/prod/log/xxxx.out . However I receive the error SP2-0310: unable to open file... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ananth.p
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Unable to open files in VI editor

Hi, I unable to open any file using Vi editor,constantly getting the following error, vi log.log *** glibc detected *** malloc(): memory corruption: 0x081af510 ** uname -a Linux sekac092 2.6.5-7.244-bigsmp #1 SMP Mon Dec 12 18:32:25 UTC 2005 i686 athlon i386 GNU/Linux Also Note ls... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: ennstate
8 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Unable to delete an open file

I am working on a unix server. I killed all the processes with my id on the machine. After that I tried to delete a file, I got an error:- file not removed.Text File busy. Deletion of directory prompted:- Directory not empty. Can anyone help me regarding this...??? Thanks, Vikas (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: vikasrout
11 Replies

8. Ubuntu

Unable to open Gtalk.

Hello friends. I am currently using Ubuntu 9.10. Its having a lot of features. I have a problem in this operating system that is unable to open Gtalk. Could i get the information to use Gtalk in Ubuntu 9.10. Please reply me. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: andrepitt77
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unable to invoke mercurial client from crontab

We have the Mercurial client installed on our linux machine. $ hg --version Mercurial Distributed SCM (version 2.2.3)When I try to invoke it using a cronjob, it fails with the message "command not found". $ crontab -l # DO NOT EDIT THIS FILE - edit the master and reinstall. #... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: balajesuri
2 Replies
CRONTAB(1)						    BSD General Commands Manual 						CRONTAB(1)

NAME
crontab -- maintain crontab files for individual users (V3) SYNOPSIS
crontab [-u user] file crontab [-u user] { -l | -r | -e } DESCRIPTION
The crontab utility is the program used to install, deinstall or list the tables used to drive the cron(8) daemon in Vixie Cron. Each user can have their own crontab, and they are not intended to be edited directly. (Darwin note: Although cron(8) and crontab(5) are officially supported under Darwin, their functionality has been absorbed into launchd(8), which provides a more flexible way of automatically executing commands. See launchctl(1) for more information.) If the /usr/lib/cron/cron.allow file exists, then you must be listed therein in order to be allowed to use this command. If the /usr/lib/cron/cron.allow file does not exist but the /usr/lib/cron/cron.deny file does exist, then you must not be listed in the /usr/lib/cron/cron.deny file in order to use this command. If neither of these files exists, then depending on site-dependent configuration parameters, only the super user will be allowed to use this command, or all users will be able to use this command. The format of these files is one username per line, with no leading or trailing whitespace. Lines of other formats will be ignored, and so can be used for com- ments. The first form of this command is used to install a new crontab from some named file or standard input if the pseudo-filename '-' is given. The following options are available: -u Specify the name of the user whose crontab is to be tweaked. If this option is not given, crontab examines ``your'' crontab, i.e., the crontab of the person executing the command. Note that su(1) can confuse crontab and that if you are running inside of su(1) you should always use the -u option for safety's sake. -l Display the current crontab on standard output. -r Remove the current crontab. -e Edit the current crontab using the editor specified by the VISUAL or EDITOR environment variables. The specified editor must edit the file in place; any editor that unlinks the file and recreates it cannot be used. After you exit from the editor, the modified crontab will be installed automatically. FILES
/usr/lib/cron/cron.allow /usr/lib/cron/cron.deny DIAGNOSTICS
A fairly informative usage message appears if you run it with a bad command line. SEE ALSO
crontab(5), compat(5), cron(8), launchctl(1) STANDARDS
The crontab command conforms to IEEE Std 1003.2 (``POSIX.2''). The new command syntax differs from previous versions of Vixie Cron, as well as from the classic SVR3 syntax. AUTHORS
Paul Vixie <paul@vix.com> BSD
December 29, 1993 BSD