Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to match floating number range in shell scripts? Post 302551313 by 915086731 on Tuesday 30th of August 2011 04:20:58 AM
Old 08-30-2011
Thank you guys~
The advices all of your give me much help.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

using bc with floating point number in files

Hi, I' using bash and I would like to use "bc" to compute the ratio of of two numbers and assign the ratio to a variable. The numbers are in a file, e.g. 196.304492 615.348986 Any idea how to do it? N.B. I cannot change the file to have 196.304492 / 615.348986 as the file is produced by... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: f_o_555
14 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

calling 'n' number of shell scripts based on dependency in one shell script.

Hello gurus, I have three korn shell script 3.1, 3.2, 3.3. I would like to call three shell script in one shell script. i m looking for something like this call 3.1; If 3.1 = "complete" then call 3.2; if 3.2 = ''COMPlete" then call 3.3; else exit The... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shashi369
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

floating point number problem

Hello folks I Hope everyone is fine. I am calculating number of bytes calculation from apache web log. awk '{ sum += $10 } END { print sum }' /var/httpd/log/mydomain.log 7.45557e+09 it show above number, what should i do it sow number like 7455, i mean if after decimal point above 5 it... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: learnbash
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

problem with floating point number loops

Hey, I guess I am just to stupid and am not seeing the "wood for the trees", but I am always getting strange errors. I want to create a mesh with coordinates like: x y z 3.1 3.0 0.75 0 0 1 3.1 2.9 0.75 0 0 1 3.1 2.8 0.75 0 0 1 3.1 2.7 0.75 0 0 1 3.0 ... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: ergy1983
10 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Increment a floating number in ksh

Hi ! How to increment a varibale in ksh. #!/bin/ksh set -x RELEASE_NUM=5.2.103 VAL=0.0.1 RELEASE_NUM=`echo $RELEASE_NUM + $VAL | bc` echo $RELEASE_NUM The above code is throwing this error. + RELEASE_NUM=5.2.103 (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dashok.83
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

[BASH] Regex for floating point number

Hey again, I have a basic regex that tests if a number is a float. Thank you. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: whyte_rhyno
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep range of lines to print a line number on match

Hi Guru's, I am trying to grep a range of line numbers (based on match) and then look for another match which starts with a special character '$' and print the line number. I have the below code but it is actually printing the line number counting starting from the first line of the range i am... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kevin Tivoli
15 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Rounding off to the nearest floating number

I have a number, which I want to convert into the nearest floating number upto two places after the decimal point. E.g. 1.2346 will become 1.23 but 1.2356 will become 1.24 . Similarly 0.009 will be 0.01 and 0.001 will be 0.00 or 0.0 (not 0, wnat to keep the decimal... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hbar
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Bash Floating Number Variables Comparision

I am trying to compare the floating number variables but i am receiving an error, can you please help what is wrong. Thank you. #!/bin/bash var1=100.25 var2=100.25 if (( $var1 == $var2 )); then echo "Matching" else echo "Not Matching" fi Error: ./number.sh: line... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ariean
6 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convert floating point to a number

Hello Guys, I have a floating point number 1.14475E+15 I want to convert this number in to full number (Integer or Big integer). I tried couple of functions it did not work. When I use INT=${FLOAT/.*} I am getting value as 1. I don't want a truncated value #!/bin/bash #... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: skatpally
9 Replies
plot(4B)					   SunOS/BSD Compatibility Package File Formats 					  plot(4B)

NAME
plot - graphics interface DESCRIPTION
Files of this format are interpreted for various devices by commands described in plot(1B). A graphics file is a stream of plotting instructions. Each instruction consists of an ASCII letter usually followed by bytes of binary information. The instructions are executed in order. A point is designated by four bytes representing the x and y values; each value is a signed integer. The last designated point in an l, m, n, or p instruction becomes the ``current point'' for the next instruction. m Move: the next four bytes give a new current point. n Cont: draw a line from the current point to the point given by the next four bytes. See plot(1B). p Point: plot the point given by the next four bytes. l Line: draw a line from the point given by the next four bytes to the point given by the following four bytes. t Label: place the following ASCII string so that its first character falls on the current point. The string is terminated by a NEW- LINE. a Arc: the first four bytes give the center, the next four give the starting point, and the last four give the end point of a circu- lar arc. The least significant coordinate of the end point is used only to determine the quadrant. The arc is drawn counter- clockwise. c Circle: the first four bytes give the center of the circle, the next two the radius. e Erase: start another frame of output. f Linemod: take the following string, up to a NEWLINE, as the style for drawing further lines. The styles are ``dotted,'' ``solid,'' ``longdashed,'' ``shortdashed,'' and ``dotdashed.'' Effective only in plot 4014 and plot ver. s Space: the next four bytes give the lower left corner of the plotting area; the following four give the upper right corner. The plot will be magnified or reduced to fit the device as closely as possible. Space settings that exactly fill the plotting area with unity scaling appear below for devices supported by the filters of plot(1B). The upper limit is just outside the plotting area. In every case the plotting area is taken to be square; points outside may be displayable on devices whose face is not square. 4014 space(0, 0, 3120, 3120); ver space(0, 0, 2048, 2048); 300, 300s space(0, 0, 4096, 4096); 450 space(0, 0, 4096, 4096); SEE ALSO
graph(1), plot(1B) SunOS 5.10 18 Feb 2003 plot(4B)