Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Wget exit code for each line in file Post 302551307 by sriram003 on Tuesday 30th of August 2011 04:04:43 AM
Old 08-30-2011
Wget exit code for each line in file

I am trying to validate links inside file if its up or not.

Heres what I am trying :

Code:
#!/bin/bash
link='cat url'
get=$(wget -q "$link") 
if [ "$get" -ne 0 ]
  then echo "Link not up"
  else echo "OK"
fi

Code:
$ ./validate
./validate: line 4: [: : integer expression expected
OK
$

Please suggest ..

Thanks,
Sriram

Last edited by radoulov; 08-30-2011 at 05:21 AM.. Reason: Use code tags, please!

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Where can I find a list of exit codes? (Exit code 64)

I'm receiving an exit code 64 in our batch scheduler (BMC product control-m) executing a PERL script on UX-HP. Can you tell me where I can find a list of exit codes and their meaning. I'm assuming the exit code is from the Unix operating system not PERL. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jkuchar747
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

stderr & stdout to a file and the right exit code

Hi all, I need to redirect stdout and stderr to a file in a ksh shell. That's not a problem. But I need also the correct exit code for the executed command. In the example below I redirect correctly the stdout & stderr to a file, but I have the exit code of tee command and not for the mv... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: up69
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Response Code using wget in shell

I am trying to get the status code of a web request,size of the download file and response time using wget. When i use the command: wget <sitename> ,it gives all these parameters in the command line.But i want to get these values seperately and assign in different variables using shell script.Is... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajbal
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

help find wget, less, unzip source code

Where can I find the source code to basic unix core utilities like less, wget, and unzip? I'm on a HP-UX system that is missing a lot of basic tools. I Don't have admin access to the box. Google searches won't give me the source code. I would like to install some of the missing tools, like... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: goldfish
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Capture http response code from wget

Hi All, I am using wget to call a url..i am getting 202 if it is successful. if not i am forcing the response code to 417. how can i capture the response code and print 0 if it is 202 and 1 if it is not 202 any ideas, please share Thanks, Jack. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jack3698
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

check for file existance and generate exit code amd move to another directory

Hi.. i have a file ABC_*.txt in source directory which will come evry 30 min and same file will be moved to working directory first time ...and will perform some operations then we archive ABC_*.txt ..this will run for 30 min to 45 min from 2nd time onwards requirement is ...i need to check... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dssyadav
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Wget to download multiple source code

Can a modified command be used to download multiple source codes from specific sites and output each into a separate output file?. All the sites are in a text file (attached): wget -qO- http://www.genedx.com/test-catalog/available-tests/edar-gene-sequencing/ | cat > output.txt (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Check wget return code

hello check this script it jump to else part, in n both cases, (if files exist or not) wget $MIRROR/kkk.zip && wget $MIRROR/jjj.zip RC="$?" if ] then echo -e "$RED Ooops, Download links are broken...! $RESET" else echo -e "$GREEN Everything is fine, Cheers ... $RESET" fi (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: nimafire
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Wget - working in browser but cannot download from wget

Hi, I need to download a zip file from my the below US govt link. https://www.sam.gov/SAMPortal/extractfiledownload?role=WW&version=SAM&filename=SAM_PUBLIC_MONTHLY_20160207.ZIP I only have wget utility installed on the server. When I use the below command, I am getting error 403... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Prasannag87
2 Replies

10. Homework & Coursework Questions

Loop Script with wget until exit is typed

Morning all, I am attempting to complete the below script which will do the following (skip the ping part) using Bash. Prompts the user to type in a URL to download, or to type exit to exit the script. If a URL is typed, wget to download the webpage and then loop back to prompting for a... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jgerds1990
2 Replies
ppmtosixel(1)                                                 General Commands Manual                                                ppmtosixel(1)

NAME
ppmtosixel - convert a portable pixmap into DEC sixel format SYNOPSIS
ppmtosixel [-raw] [-margin] [ppmfile] DESCRIPTION
Reads a portable pixmap as input. Produces sixel commands (SIX) as output. The output is formatted for color printing, e.g. for a DEC LJ250 color inkjet printer. If RGB values from the PPM file do not have maxval=100, the RGB values are rescaled. A printer control header and a color assignment table begin the SIX file. Image data is written in a compressed format by default. A printer control footer ends the image file. OPTIONS
-raw If specified, each pixel will be explicitly described in the image file. If -raw is not specified, output will default to com- pressed format in which identical adjacent pixels are replaced by "repeat pixel" commands. A raw file is often an order of magni- tude larger than a compressed file and prints much slower. -margin If -margin is not specified, the image will be start at the left margin (of the window, paper, or whatever). If -margin is speci- fied, a 1.5 inch left margin will offset the image. PRINTING
Generally, sixel files must reach the printer unfiltered. Use the lpr -x option or cat filename > /dev/tty0?. BUGS
Upon rescaling, truncation of the least significant bits of RGB values may result in poor color conversion. If the original PPM maxval was greater than 100, rescaling also reduces the image depth. While the actual RGB values from the ppm file are more or less retained, the color palette of the LJ250 may not match the colors on your screen. This seems to be a printer limitation. SEE ALSO
ppm(5) AUTHOR
Copyright (C) 1991 by Rick Vinci. 26 April 1991 ppmtosixel(1)