Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Upgrading from aix 5.3 to ?
Operating Systems AIX Upgrading from aix 5.3 to ? Post 302551302 by funksen on Tuesday 30th of August 2011 03:45:40 AM
Old 08-30-2011
thanks for your helpful replies,

I think as long as the sap kernel is supported for 7.1 with the latest patches, there should be no problem with the upgrade to 7.1, but I have to test this of course, and check with IBM
theoretically we have a strict vg separation, BUT I'm sure in real, there are some files here an there in rootvg filesystems.. lets see Smilie

what do you think about Power HA 7.1, when upgrading to AIX 7.1, my thought was to also update the Cluster sw to 7.1

I'll keep you updated in this thread about the progress, I'll start in about two weeks with the first test systems

cheers

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

Upgrading AIX Unix

Hi all, I've got a question about an OS upgrade. I'm planning to do a upgrade from AIX UNIX 4.3.2 to 4.3.3 in a few weeks. I haven't got that much information. Could someone give me some general tips or hints, things I should think of before? Things I should know, or general errors. I know... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Erik Rooijmans
9 Replies

2. AIX

Upgrading from 5.1.0.0 to 5.2.0.0

As a fairly new Administrator to AIX i am a little leary of the OS upgrade I need to do on one of our servers. I have already upgraded the microcode to the lastest level and now need to do the OS. I have the docs and discs from IBM and have determined that I dont want to do a new installation but... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Target
5 Replies

3. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

Upgrading PC Memory

hello folks, I am planning to upgrade my PC's ram. currently the ram I have is 2x256MB=512MB/133MHz (DDR266) - DDR SDRAM, PC-2100. My guess is that it has 184 Pins. I would like to get a DDR2 with 667MHz, 240 pin. Is it possible, since pins don't match. Do they have to match? (there are 3... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: milhan
4 Replies

4. AIX

Upgrading AIX 5.2 to AIX 6.1 - GCC compatibility

Hi All, We are in the processing of upgrading our AIX server OS from 5.2.0.0 to 6.1. And we have a set of highly critical running C applications in AIX box. I have a question like whether this upgradation of OS will affect any C code compilation and C runtime enviornment... how does AIX 6.1... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: karthikc
1 Replies

5. AIX

Upgrading AIX from 5.3 to 6.1

Hi, I am having 2 Hard disk one for os and another for data,I would like to know for Upgrading AIX 5.3 to 6.1,wheather I have to varry off datavg while upgrading, or any other files needs to be backup. Please suggest Regards, Manoj (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: manoj.solaris
1 Replies

6. AIX

Upgrading OS from 5.2 to 5.3

We currently have test and production servers running AIX 5.2, DB2 8.1(Prod), DB2 8.2(Test),Websphere 6.1 on both. We need to upgrade to DB2 to version 9, but to do that we also need to upgrade the operating system to 5.3 and go from 32 bit kernel to 64 bit kernal. Looking for information on any... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jyoung
3 Replies

7. AIX

Upgrading from native MPIO to SDDPCM AIX 6.1

We have AIX 6.1 system attached to SAN disks (DS4700 and DS8100) thru SVC. Initially when the system was I forgot to install sddpcm drivers. and wanted to know how can i go with the installation of the sddpcm drivers. My understandin going thru the manual ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mk8570
3 Replies

8. AIX

New to AIX need help Installing/Upgrading Samba on AIX 7.1?

Hello, I am trying to update Samba on my AIX 7.1 system as there is an issues with it, the smbd process coredumps and I have had no luck figuring it out why. My approach is to try to re-install a newer samba and I have found the latest 3.x package for samba in ppc.rpm format at perlz.org ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: c3rb3rus
6 Replies

9. AIX

Regarding Upgrading RAM in AIX 6.1

Hi Folks, Currently we are having the below configuration in one of our AIX 6.1 server. RAM:- 8 GB Paging space :- 19 GB CPU processor:- 1 CPU type: 64 bit But we would like to upgrade the configuration to below to improve the system performance and resolve some memory issues. ... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: sumanmca2006
11 Replies

10. AIX

Upgrading to AIX 7 vs migrating

Hi all, I have this weird notion that upgrading the TL does not cause the machine to wipe, but upgrading a major version (from aix 6 to 7) means it's actually a fresh install and will wipe the date and i have to install the software again (TSM server, for instance). Trying to google it, i came... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: tde3000
3 Replies
chxge(7D)							      Devices								 chxge(7D)

NAME
chxge - Chelsio Ethernet network interface controllers SYNOPSIS
/dev/chxge DESCRIPTION
The chxge Ethernet driver is a multi-threaded, loadable, clonable, STREAMS hardware driver supporting the connectionless Data Link Provider Interface, dlpi(7P), over Chelsio NIC controllers. Multiple (and mixed) NIC controllers installed within the system are sup- ported by the driver. The chxge driver provides basic support for the NIC hardware. Functions include chip initialization, frame transmit and receive, and error recovery and reporting. APPLICATION PROGRAMMING INTERFACE
The cloning, character-special device /dev/chxge is used to access NIC devices installed within the system. CHXGE AND DLPI
The chxge driver is dependent on /kernel/misc/gld, a loadable kernel module that provides the chxge driver with the DLPI and STREAMS functionality required of a LAN driver. See gld(7D) for more details on the primitives supported by the driver. The values returned by the driver in the DL_INFO_ACK primitive in response to the DL_INFO_REQ are: o Default Maximum SDU is 1500 (ETHERMTU). o dlsap address length is 8. o MAC type is DL_ETHER. o The sap length value is -2, meaning the physical address component is followed immediately by a 2-byte sap component within the DLSAP address. o Broadcast address value is Ethernet/IEEE broadcast address (FF:FF:FF:FF:FF:FF). FILES
/dev/chxge Character special device. /kernel/drv/sparcv9/chxge SPARC chxge driver binary. /kernel/drv/chxge x86 platform kernel module. (32-bit). /kernel/drv/amd64/chxge x86 platform kernel module. (64-bit). ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Architecture |SPARC, x86 | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
netstat(1M), attributes(5), gld(7D), dlpi(7P), gld(9F), gld_mac_info(9S) SunOS 5.11 17 Jan 2005 chxge(7D)