Sponsored Content
Homework and Emergencies Homework & Coursework Questions How to create a dictionary using cygwin Post 302551301 by sulti on Tuesday 30th of August 2011 03:42:46 AM
Old 08-30-2011
You're almost there... small changes:
change case 1) to:
Code:
    echo -n "Enter a word: "
    read word
    echo -n "Enter the meaning: "
    read meaning
    echo "$word means $meaning" >> word.txt
    ;;

and case 3) to:
Code:
    echo "Enter a word to delete: "
    read word
    sed -i "/$word/d"
    ;;

...and case 4) to:
Code:
    >word.txt && echo "Succesfully deleted!"

...and it should work. (works for me Smilie )
ps.
You're missing keyword esac after case 4).
This User Gave Thanks to sulti For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Dictionary File

Could someone please tell me where the dictionary file for Spell is stored. And is it in a text format so I can read it in a windows text editor. Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Rukshan
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

nt to unix dictionary

Has anyone ever encountered a good publication or site that is basically a NT(or DOS) to UNIX Dictionary / Translator (i.e. service = daemon or ren = mv, etc) - I've found lots of websites that list like 20 or so command equivalents, but that's about it- what about differences in system folders,... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gsumers
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

unix dictionary location

ne1 know where unixs built in dictionary is??? is it in this place /usr/dict/words????? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sinner
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

create a .dll using cygwin and a .lib

Hi, I inherited a .lib file that I need to use to make a .dll file from a c++ file. I am able to do this in visual studio but I can not do this using cygwin. I would like to build the dll using the commandline in order to create a make file. Can someone help me. I would really appreciate it. ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: lsoleyma
0 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unix dictionary.

Hey, I am looking for an inbuilt unix dictionary.I tried to look at the path /usr/dict/word and I do not find anything any dict directory in the /usr folder. Can anyone please tell me how to find out this dictionary? Thanks Lee. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: leepan2008
1 Replies

6. Programming

How to create java based dictionary for mobile using data in microsoft excel?

i am having a ms excel file which contains 2 columns, I first column i added words, and in second column meaning to the word in the first column. I want to create a dictionary for mobile like nokia or any java based application running mobile. How it can be created as i, dont know the java... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Anna Hussie
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

opening new instance of cygwin from withing cygwin

I'm using cygwin on win7, What I would like to do is something like this: cygstart cygwin tail -f /foo/test.log | perl -pe 's/error/\e I know I can start a new instance using either of these: mintty -e ... cygstart tail ... But neither of those open in ANSI mode, so I can't do... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Validatorian
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to create unique look-up for headers for a Dictionary

I have a text file in UTF-8 format which has the following data structure HEADWORD=gloss1,gloss2,gloss3 etc I want to convert it so that all the glosses of the HeadWord appear on separate lines HEADWORD=gloss1 HEADWORD=gloss2 HEADWORD=gloss3 An example will illustrate the requirement... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: gimley
4 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to Create User in Cygwin??

Hi , In Unix we have the command , "useradd" command ==> To create New user and "groupadd" ==> To add New group & Updates to /etc/group and /etc/passwd files will happen automatically. How will i do the same in UNIX like environment in Windows (In Cygwin Bash promt).... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rubi
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Regexes for three column data to create a dictionary

I am working on a multilingual dictionary and I have data in three columns. The data structure can be word=word=gloss or word word=word word=gloss gloss = acts as a delimiter The number of words separated by the delimiter can be up to 8 or 10. The structure is well defined in the sense... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: gimley
6 Replies
SQL::ReservedWords::SQLServer(3pm)			User Contributed Perl Documentation			SQL::ReservedWords::SQLServer(3pm)

NAME
SQL::ReservedWords::SQLServer - Reserved SQL words by SQL Server SYNOPSIS
if ( SQL::ReservedWords::SQLServer->is_reserved( $word ) ) { print "$word is a reserved SQL Server word!"; } DESCRIPTION
Determine if words are reserved by SQL Server. METHODS
is_reserved( $word ) Returns a boolean indicating if $word is reserved by SQL Server 7, 2000 or 2005. is_reserved_by_sqlserver7( $word ) Returns a boolean indicating if $word is reserved by SQL Server 7. is_reserved_by_sqlserver2000( $word ) Returns a boolean indicating if $word is reserved by SQL Server 2000. is_reserved_by_sqlserver2005( $word ) Returns a boolean indicating if $word is reserved by SQL Server 2005. reserved_by( $word ) Returns a list with SQL Server versions that reserves $word. words Returns a list with all reserved words. EXPORTS
Nothing by default. Following subroutines can be exported: is_reserved is_reserved_by_sqlserver7 is_reserved_by_sqlserver2000 is_reserved_by_sqlserver2005 reserved_by words SEE ALSO
http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms130214.aspx AUTHOR
Christian Hansen "chansen@cpan.org" COPYRIGHT
This program is free software, you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.8.8 2008-03-28 SQL::ReservedWords::SQLServer(3pm)