Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Shell Script [Replacing string] Post 302551206 by Shell_Life on Monday 29th of August 2011 05:12:29 PM
Old 08-29-2011
Try:
Code:
if [ -f "$3" ] ; then

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

replacing a number with random variable inside shell script

Hi All. I need help for the below logic. I ve a file like following input file: NopTX(5) // should be remain same as input ----Nop(@100); //1 Nop(90); //2 --Nop(80); //3 @Nop(70); //4 --@Nop(60); //5 @Nop@(@50); //6 --Nop@( 40); ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: user_prady
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

replacing parameter in shell script

I have a script file as below named test1.sh sed -e 's/xxxkeys/$1/g' template1.asp > template1.txt sed -e 's/xxxkeys/$2/g' template2.asp > template2.txt sed -e 's/xxxkeys/$3/g' template3.asp > template3.txt sed -e 's/xxxkeys/$4/g' template4.asp > template4.txt I want to replace $1 with a,... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: satgur
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Writing script for finding a string and replacing

Hi all i need some help in writing a small script that searches a string and then replaces it by a new string for searching the best result i get is from find comand combined with xargs e.g. find . -name "*.*" |xargs grep -l "search string" this command I use in root directory and this... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Aditya_IT
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Replacing string

Hi there, I'd like to replace STRING_ZERO in FILE_ZERO.txt with the value of VALUEi-th by using something like that: VALUE1=1000 VALUE2=2000 VALUE3=3000 for((i=1;i<=3;i++)); do sed "s/STRING_ZERO/$VALUE'$i'/" FILE_ZERO.txt >> FILE_NEW.txt; done but it doesn't work... Any help... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Giordano Bruno
9 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

replacing a string in multiple subdirs to a new string??

I have following set of dirs: /dir1/dir2/subdir1 file1 file2 /dir1/dir3/subdir1 file4 file5 /dir1/dir4/subdir1 file6 file7 All of these files have a common string in them say "STRING1", How can I... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Hangman2
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replacing stripped off leading zeros in shell script

I have a script which is taking a 10 character variable (BOC) input by the user. If it begins with a zero, the script unwittingly strips that off, & passes a 9 characters variable. echo -n "Enter core-follow date/time for BOC: " setenv BOC $< The next bit of code picks up the 9... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: wtaicken
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replacing string with special characters in shell

Hi, I am trying to replace a string in shell but it is not working correctly. @xcom.file@ needs to be replaced with tb137 Plz help.Thx. Please use and tags when posting code, data or logs etc. to preserve formatting and enhance readability, thanks. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: manish72
4 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

replacing a string with another string in a txt file

Dear all, I have a file like below. I want to replace all the '.' in the 3rd column with 'NA'. I don't know how to do that. Anyone has an iead? Thanks a lot! 8 70003200 21.6206 9 70005700 17.5064 10 70002200 . 11 70005100 19.1001 17 70008000 16.1970 32 70012400 26.3465 33... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: forevertl
9 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replacing number between xml tags with ksh shell script

Hallo, im basically a complete noob on shell scripting and im trying to replace or rather add 1 to a number between xml tags. The xml basically has a tag somewhere that looks like this: <tag>12345678901234</tag> Now i want to replace the number between the tags. And i want the file to... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Demoric
6 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Comparing a String variable with a string literal in a Debian shell script

Hi All, I am trying to to compare a string variable with a string literal inside a loop but keep getting the ./testifstructure.sh: line 6: #!/bin/sh BOOK_LIST="BOOK1 BOOK2" for BOOK in ${BOOK_LIST} do if then echo '1' else echo '2' fi done Please use next... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: daveu7
1 Replies
CPANPLUS::Shell(3pm)					 Perl Programmers Reference Guide				      CPANPLUS::Shell(3pm)

NAME
CPANPLUS::Shell - base class for CPANPLUS shells SYNOPSIS
use CPANPLUS::Shell; # load the shell indicated by your # config -- defaults to # CPANPLUS::Shell::Default use CPANPLUS::Shell qw[Classic] # load CPANPLUS::Shell::Classic; my $ui = CPANPLUS::Shell->new(); my $name = $ui->which; # Find out what shell you loaded $ui->shell; # run the ui shell DESCRIPTION
This module is the generic loading (and base class) for all "CPANPLUS" shells. Through this module you can load any installed "CPANPLUS" shell. Just about all the functionality is provided by the shell that you have loaded, and not by this class (which merely functions as a generic loading class), so please consult the documentation of your shell of choice. BUG REPORTS
Please report bugs or other issues to <bug-cpanplus@rt.cpan.org<gt>. AUTHOR
This module by Jos Boumans <kane@cpan.org>. COPYRIGHT
The CPAN++ interface (of which this module is a part of) is copyright (c) 2001 - 2007, Jos Boumans <kane@cpan.org>. All rights reserved. This library is free software; you may redistribute and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. SEE ALSO
CPANPLUS::Shell::Default, CPANPLUS::Shell::Classic, cpanp perl v5.16.2 2012-10-11 CPANPLUS::Shell(3pm)