Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers How do I find files which are older than 30 days and greater than 1GB Post 302551205 by ocramas on Monday 29th of August 2011 05:11:47 PM
Old 08-29-2011
Yes it should work, but I personally should print the output first and not go directly to remove them.

Thanks

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Find files older than 5 days and remove tem after listing

need help with this ... Find files older than 5 days and remove tem after listing list "test" file older than 5 days and then remove them (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ypatel6871
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find files older than 20 days & not use find

I need to find files that have the ending of .out and that are older than 20 days. However, I cannot use find as I do not want to search in the directories that are underneath the directory that I am searching in. How can this be done?? Find returns files that I do not want. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: halo98
2 Replies

3. Red Hat

Find files older than 30 days in directories and delete them

Hi, I have dummies questions: My script here can find the files in any directories older than 30 days then it will delete the files but not the directories. I would like to also be able to delete the directories that hold old files more than 30 days not just the files itself. find . -type f... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: lamoul
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to find files older than 30 days

Dear Friends, I have two queries. 1) I want to see the list of folders which were created 29 days ago. 2) I want to see the folders in which last created file is older than 29 days. Can it be done? Thank you in advance Anushree (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: anushree.a
4 Replies

5. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

Find files older than 10 days

What command arguments I can use in unix to list files older than 10 days in my current directory, but I don't want to list the hidden files. find . -type f -mtime +15 -print will work but, it is listing all the hidden files., which I don't want. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pouchie1
4 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

find files older than 30 days old

Hello, I have a script which finds files in a directory that are older than 30 days and remove them. The problem is that these files are too many and when i run this command: find * -mtime +30 | xargs rm I run this command inside the directory and it returns the error: /usr/bin/find:... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: omonoiatis9
8 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find command to search and delete files older than 1 days at a desired location

Hello All, Can someone please help me out in creating the find command to search and delete files older than 1 days at a desired location. Thanks in advance for your help. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pandee
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Writte a script to copy the files older than 7 days using find and cp

Hi I'm trying to writte a script (crontab) to copy files from one location to another... this is what i have: find . -name "VPN_CALLRECORD_20130422*" | xargs cp "{}" /home/sysadm/patrick_temp/ but that is not working this is the ouput: cp: Target... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: patricio181
5 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Find all log files under all file systems older than 2 days and zip them

Hi All, Problem Statement:Find all log files under all file systems older than 2 days and zip them. Find all zip files older than 3days and remove them. Also this has to be set under cron. I have a concerns here find . -mtime +2 -iname "*.log" -exec gzip {} Not sure if this will work as... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: saurabh.mishra
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find files not matching multiple patterns and then delete anything older than 10 days

Hi, I have multiple files in my log folder. e.g: a_m1.log b_1.log c_1.log d_1.log b_2.log c_2.log d_2.log e_m1.log a_m2.log e_m2.log I need to keep latest 10 instances of each file. I can write multiple find commands but looking if it is possible in one line. m file are monthly... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: wahi80
4 Replies
FvwmSaveDesk(1) 						   Fvwm Modules 						   FvwmSaveDesk(1)

NAME
FvwmSaveDesk - another fvwm desktop-layout saving module SYNOPSIS
FvwmSaveDesk is spawned by fvwm, so no command line invocation will work. DESCRIPTION
When called, this module will attempt to save your current desktop layout as a definition of extra lines for the function InitFunction into the file .fvwm2desk in your home directory. As explain in the other documentation, this function is called at startup of fvwm. You have to include this file in .fvwm2rc after the definition of the Function Initfunction. You can do this by using the module FvwmM4 or FvwmCpp. Your applications must supply certain hints to the X window system. Emacs and Netscape, for example, does not, so FvwmSaveDesk can't get any information from it. Also, FvwmSaveDesk assumes that certain command line options are globally accepted by applications, which may not be the case. SETUP USING FVWMM4 MODULE The M4 Macro processor substitutes its macros even in the middle of a word. Because of that you may have problems with predefined macros such as include or define. To avoid this the GNU M4 has an extra option to prefix all builtins with 'm4_'. FvwmM4 can be called with option -m4-prefix and then will provide the option -P to M4. I personally use the FvwmM4 module this way. fvwm -cmd "FvwmM4 -m4-prefix -m4opt -I$HOME $HOME/.fvwm2rc" Simply add the following line to the end of .fvwm2rc: m4_include(`.fvwm2desk') . SETUP USING FVWMCPP MODULE
With the FvwmCpp you may have the problem that the preprocessor directives starts with the comment character '#' and will complain about unknown directives, if you have comments in your .fvwm2rc. fvwm -cmd "FvwmCpp -C-I$HOME $HOME/.fvwm2rc" Simply add the following line to the end of .fvwm2rc: #include ".fvwm2desk" INVOCATION
FvwmSaveDesk can be invoked by adding it to a menu or binding it to a mouse button or key stroke in the .fvwm2rc file. Fvwm will search directory specified in the ModulePath configuration option to locate FvwmSaveDesk. To insert it to a menu, add the line + "Save Desktop" Module FvwmSaveDesk to the menu definition. I thing binding it to a mouse button is not very useful, but you can do that, by adding for example this line. Mouse 3 R CS Module FvwmSaveDesk Than FvwmSaveDesk will be called if you hit the right mouse button on the root window while holding the shift and control button down. You can bind FvwmSaveDesk to a function key F10 for example you have to insert the following line: Key F10 A Module FvwmSaveDesk I personally add it as a Button to the module FvwmButtons: *FvwmButtons SaveDesc desk.xpm Module FvwmSaveDesk AUTHOR
Carsten Paeth (calle@calle.in-berlin.de) 3rd Berkeley Distribution 09 May 2010 (2.5.30) FvwmSaveDesk(1)