Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Linux laptops
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Linux laptops Post 302551194 by Hangman2 on Monday 29th of August 2011 04:46:21 PM
Old 08-29-2011
You can buy any laptop and install ubuntu or redhat linux as a dual boot OS.

If you have other needs with this laptop, keep those in mind. For example playing games, practicing other software etc

2 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Ubuntu

Kubuntu on (certain) Lenovo laptops not possible - reasons?

Hi. I've used the Wubi install of Ubuntu and Kubuntu on my Windows XP machine for close to half a year now. My brother has let me know of a program where he works by which they're getting rid of (with support negated) several Lenovo laptops, on which, he also informs me, the K 'flavor' of Ubuntu... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: SilversleevesX
1 Replies

2. Ubuntu

Connect 2 laptops with RJ45 cable (Ubuntu 10.10 laptop with Windows 7 laptop)

Hi to all, I have the problem that a laptops with windows XP cannot startup even in safe mode nor using last good known configuration. I have a Ubuntu 10.10 Live CD and booting from it I can read the Hard Drive. I need to do a backup the Hard Drive from XP laptop and I want to connect this... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: cgkmal
5 Replies
TAILF(1)							   User Commands							  TAILF(1)

NAME
tailf - follow the growth of a log file SYNOPSIS
tailf [OPTION] file DESCRIPTION
tailf will print out the last 10 lines of a file and then wait for the file to grow. It is similar to tail -f but does not access the file when it is not growing. This has the side effect of not updating the access time for the file, so a filesystem flush does not occur peri- odically when no log activity is happening. tailf is extremely useful for monitoring log files on a laptop when logging is infrequent and the user desires that the hard disk spin down to conserve battery life. Mandatory arguments to long options are mandatory for short options too. -n, --lines=N, -N output the last N lines, instead of the last 10. -V, --version Output version information and exit. -h, --help Display help and exit. AUTHOR
This program was originally written by Rik Faith (faith@acm.org) and may be freely distributed under the terms of the X11/MIT License. There is ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY for this program. The latest inotify based implementation was written by Karel Zak (kzak@redhat.com). SEE ALSO
tail(1), less(1) AVAILABILITY
The tailf command is part of the util-linux package and is available from ftp://ftp.kernel.org/pub/linux/utils/util-linux/. util-linux February 2003 TAILF(1)