Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting script to parse text file into sql commands Post 302551170 by hamanjam on Monday 29th of August 2011 03:16:42 PM
Old 08-29-2011
The ^M are in the file, but I think it has to do something with how expect outputs the data. I just run it through dos2unix and it's clean.

Thanks so much fo rthe perl, I've been trying many different ways to parse, but it kept ending up with 4 different parsing operations on each line.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to sql commands in shell script

hi, plz let me know one example in using sql command in shell script thanks inadvance -bali. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: balireddy_77
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

parse text file

i am attempting to parse a simple text file with multiple lines and four fields in each line, formatted as such: 12/10/2006 12:34:06 77 38 this is what i'm having problems with in my bash script: sed '1,6d' $RAWDATA > $NEWFILE #removes first 6 lines from file, which are... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: klick81
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

parse text file

I have a file that has a header followed by 8 columns of data. I want to toss out the header, and then write the data to another file with a different header and footer. I also need to grab the first values of the first and second column to put in the header. How do I chop off the header? ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: craggm
9 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

parse through one text file and output many

Hi, everyone The input file pattern is like below: Begin Object1 txt1 end ; Begin Object2 txt2 end ; ... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: sophiadun
14 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Execute PL/SQL function from Unix script (.sql file)

Hi guys, I am new on here, I have a function in oracle that returns a specific value: create or replace PACKAGE BODY "CTC_ASDGET_SCHED" AS FUNCTION FN_ASDSCHEDULE_GET RETURN VARCHAR2 AS BEGIN DECLARE ASDSchedule varchar2(6); ASDComplete... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: reptile
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to parse a file for text b/n double quotes?

Hi guys, I desperately need some help here... I need to parse a file similar to this: I need to read the values for MY_BANNER_SSHD and WARNING_MESSAGE. The value could be empty/single line or multi-line! # Comments . . . Some lines MY_BANNER_SSHD=""... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: shreeda
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parse and Join in a text file

I wanted to parse a text file and join in specific format. please suggest me how to get this done.. The output should be in fasta format which consists of lines starting with ID, PT, PA and Sequence. "//" the two slashes are dividing lines between two different sequences. Like... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: empyrean
10 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed parse a lign into a new sql file

Hi everyone, another question while using sed. my sed statement should parse every line in a file and store all "i" variable item a a new file. any wrong arguments here? Thanks a million. task_name => name, object_type => 'TABLE', attr1 => 'TestR3', attr2 => '$i', for i... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sundaygeek
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parse SQL text and only format first SELECT statement.

Hi Forum. Need your expertise on the following question. I have the following file which I would like to parse, find first block of SELECT statment and concatenate all input fields as 1 field (~ delimited): Old File: SELECT /*+ USE_HASH(CCOMM ICAR IMAP IAS IP IMAS IMPS IAP SPCA) */ ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: pchang
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk script to parse SQL from Pro*C program

Hello, I have a Pro*C program which contains SQL sentences, such as: .... Pro*C sentences .... /*SQL 1*/ EXEC SQL SELECT t1.field1, t1.field2 INTO :w_field FROM TABLE1 t1, TABLE1 t2 WHERE t1.field1 = t2.field1 AND t1.ID = :wl_id; .... Pro*C sentences .... /*SQL 1*/ EXEC... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: mvalonso
11 Replies
dos2unix(1)							   User Commands						       dos2unix(1)

NAME
dos2unix - convert text file from DOS format to ISO format SYNOPSIS
dos2unix [-ascii] [-iso] [-7] [-437 | -850 | -860 | -863 | -865] originalfile convertedfile DESCRIPTION
The dos2unix utility converts characters in the DOS extended character set to the corresponding ISO standard characters. This command can be invoked from either DOS or SunOS. However, the filenames must conform to the conventions of the environment in which the command is invoked. If the original file and the converted file are the same, dos2unix will rewrite the original file after converting it. OPTIONS
The following options are supported: -ascii Removes extra carriage returns and converts end of file characters in DOS format text files to conform to SunOS require- ments. -iso This is the default. It converts characters in the DOS extended character set to the corresponding ISO standard charac- ters. -7 Converts 8 bit DOS graphics characters to 7 bit space characters so that SunOS can read the file. On non-i386 systems, dos2unix will attempt to obtain the keyboard type to determine which code page to use. Otherwise, the default is US. The user may override the code page with one of the following options: -437 Use US code page -850 Use multilingual code page -860 Use Portuguese code page -863 Use French Canadian code page -865 Use Danish code page OPERANDS
The following operands are required: originalfile The original file in DOS format that is being converted to ISO format. convertedfile The new file in ISO format that has been converted from the original DOS file format. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWesu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
unix2dos(1), ls(1), attributes(5) DIAGNOSTICS
File filename not found, or no read permission The input file you specified does not exist, or you do not have read permission. Check with the SunOS command, ls -l (see ls(1)). Bad output filename filename, or no write permission The output file you specified is either invalid, or you do not have write permission for that file or the directory that contains it. Check also that the drive or diskette is not write-protected. Error while writing to temporary file An error occurred while converting your file, possibly because there is not enough space on the current drive. Check the amount of space on the current drive using the DIR command. Also be certain that the default diskette or drive is write-enabled (not write-pro- tected). Notice that when this error occurs, the original file remains intact. Translated temporary file name = filename. Could not rename temporary file to filename. The program could not perform the final step in converting your file. Your converted file is stored under the name indicated on the second line of this message. SunOS 5.10 14 Sep 2000 dos2unix(1)