Sponsored Content
Contact Us Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators Comments on "How Will the World End?" Post 302551113 by Neo on Monday 29th of August 2011 12:17:45 PM
Old 08-29-2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by KenJackson
BTW, the very concept of the End of the World is a religious concept. It's impossible to discuss it without it being a religious discussion whether you quote any religious leaders or not.
No, it is not.

The concept of the world ending, as per this thread and poll, is purely scientific. There is nothing religious in the thread.

... and, as the very long standing custom and culture of this site, religious discussions are not permitted.

These forums are for technical and scientific discussions and the question about "the world ending" is purely scientific and technical; religious posts and comments will be deleted.

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Couldn't compile the simple "Hello World"

So, this is my first C++ program under linux. My OS is Red Hat 8.0, and my codes are like following: $vi hello.cpp #include <iostream> using namespace std; int main() { cout << "Hello World!" << endl; return 0; } $ g++ -o hello hello.cpp the error message are: ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: HOUSCOUS
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Use "read" with a text file with comments

Hi, I read a .txt file with read command. while read PC USER PASS SHARE EXCL do ... done The file is like this: pc1 usr pc01 parts pc2 usr pc02 parts nobackup pc3 usr pc03 parts pc4 usr pc04 parts pc10 usr pc10 parts nobackup pc13 usr pc13 share,share_2 noshare,noshare_2But if I want... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mbarberis
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk command to replace ";" with "|" and ""|" at diferent places in line of file

Hi, I have line in input file as below: 3G_CENTRAL;INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL;SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL My expected output for line in the file must be : "1-Radon1-cMOC_deg"|"LDIndex"|"3G_CENTRAL|INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL"|LAST|"SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL" Can someone... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: shis100
7 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Purpose of "read" and "$END$" in ksh ?

Hi, Could anyone please shed some light on the following script lines and what is it doing as it was written by an ex-administrator? cat $AMS/version|read a b verno d DBVer=$(/usr/bin/printf "%7s" $verno) I checked that the cat $AMS/version command returns following output: ... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: dbadmin100
10 Replies

5. Programming

Exact meaning of the "world" in "hello world"

Hello! I have a question to native English-speaking people. In the popular program's "hello world" greeting, what meaning the "world" has: "all", "everybody", "people", "friends" or "whole world", "planet", "Earth", "Universe"? In other words, to whom this greeting is addressed: to the... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: Eugene Muzychen
14 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Removing "^M" from the end of a String (i.e. "Ctrl+M")?

Hello All, I have an Expect script that ssh's to a remote server and runs some commands before exiting. One of the commands I run is the "hostname" Command. After I run this command I save the output using this line in the code below... Basically it executes the hostname command, then I... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mrm5102
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash script - Print an ascii file using specific font "Latin Modern Mono 12" "regular" "9"

Hello. System : opensuse leap 42.3 I have a bash script that build a text file. I would like the last command doing : print_cmd -o page-left=43 -o page-right=22 -o page-top=28 -o page-bottom=43 -o font=LatinModernMono12:regular:9 some_file.txt where : print_cmd ::= some printing... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jcdole
1 Replies
FILTERS(6)							   Games Manual 							FILTERS(6)

NAME
ken, b1ff, censor, chef, cockney, eleet, fanboy, fudd, jethro, jibberish, jive, kenny, kraut, ky00te, nethack, newspeak, nyc, pirate, rasterman, scottish, spammer, scramble, studly, uniencode, upside-down - assorted text filters SYNOPSIS
$SHELL | chef newspeak < thesis.tex > newthesis.tex eleet | wall # b1ff works well too b1ff | ircII | censor DESCRIPTION
All of these programs are filters to do all sorts of strange things to text. No personal, racial, religious or societal slurs are intended. For amusement only. All the filters read input from stdin, change it, and write the filtered text to stdout. Some filters also support reading from files and writing to stdout. b1ff The B1FF filter cockney Cockney English chef convert English on stdin to Mock Swedish on stdout eleet K3wl hacker slang fanboy Speak like a fanboy. Filters out extraneous words and focuses on the words fans use. By default, it will speak like a fan of git/Linus/linux development. To change this, pass as parameters the words that the fanboy typically uses. Alternatively, pass the name of a topic that typically has fanboys to use a predefined word list. fudd Elmer Fudd jethro Hillbilly text filter jive Jive English jibberish Runs text through a random selection of the rest of the filters, to make really weird output. ken English into Cockney, featuring (dubious) rhyming slang for a lot of computer terminology. kraut Generates text with a bad German accent. kenny Generates text as spoken by Kenny on South Park. ky00te This program places a very cute (and familiar to FurryMuck fans) accent on any text file. nethackify Wiped out text like can be found in nethack. newspeak A-la-1984 censor CDA-ize text nyc Brooklyn English pirate Talk like a pirate. rasterman Makes text look like it came from the keyboard of Carsten Haitzler. scottish Fake scottish (dwarven) accent filter, inspired by the character "Durkon" from Order of the Stick. spammer Turns honest text into something that is liable to be flagged as spam. scramble Scramble the "inner" letters of each word in the input into a random order. The resulting text is still strangely readable. studly Studly caps. uniencode Use glorious unicode to the fullest possibile extent. As seen previously in many man pages. upside-down Flips text upside down. Stand on your head and squint to read the output. SEE ALSO
/usr/share/doc/filters/SAMPLES Lists samples of the output of all the filters. Other filters: pig From the bsdgames package, pig converts text to pig latin. dog --oog From the dog package, dog can also function as a filter, converting text to OOG-speak. AUTHORS
The eleet, upside-down, chef, b1ff, and censor filters were written by Joey Hess <joey@kitenet.net>. Daniel V Klein <dvk@lonewolf.com> wrote the cockney, jive, and nyc filters. jibberish is by Raul Miller <rdm@test.legislate.com>, jethro is by Duane Paulson <ci922@cleve- land.freenet.edu>, rasterman is by Zachary Beane, ken is by Stephen K Mulrine <skm@eqsn.net>, newspeak is by Jamie Zawinski <jwz@jwz.org>, studly is by Nick Phillips <nwp@lemon-computing.com>, Gurkan Sengun <gurkan@linuks.mine.nu> wrote nethackify, Dougal Campbell <dougal@gun- ters.org> wrote pirate, kraut is by John Sparks, scottish by Adam Borowski, Kenny is by Christian Garbs and Alan Eldridge, and scramble by Andrew J. Buehler. FILTERS(6)